Do you believe this? Mitchell Moses does and good on him

•  Recent Topics
stevied

Re: Do you believe this? Mitchell Moses does and good on him

Post by stevied » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 2:14 am

Too true which is why Moses is such an important member of the Tigers team. I have edited my previous comment to include the word ingredients, not agreements....It actually makes sense now.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 8:07 am

Where is that "club insider" that came on here saying coaching staff had given up on the season?

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 8:40 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:Where is that "club insider" that came on here saying coaching staff had given up on the season?
Yes the last month of footy I've thought exactly that..... Can't wait for the next installment from the torch tiger isn't it?
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 8:42 am

There is no doubt we have the skill to shift the ball around from side to side and open teams right up. A lot of other teams can't do this as well as us. However when the bigger sides are switched on and get that roll on, we don't have big backrowers to stop them in their tracks. We have been steamroll a couple of time.
Moses has also got to stop kicking the ball dead. His defence has improved and his passing game is great.
Btw Brown has been charged. With the hit on Moses.
This is from NRL.com
Rabbitohs prop Nathan Brown has been charged for a challenge on Wests Tigers five-eighth Mitch Moses late in the Tigers' Round 14 win, the only player cited by the NRL match review committee from the match at ANZ Stadium on Friday night.

Brown was slapped with a grade one dangerous contact – other charge, meaning an early guilty plea would be enough for the Souths forward to avoid suspension.
in Ivan we distrust

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 9:04 am

The_Doc wrote:The exuberance of youth, little does he know we will be in the same place next season when his mind isnt so free thinking of his contract again :?
Tell me Doc what are they going to achieve if they don't think positive - exuberance of youth. Maybe the older guys should think this way as well.

It does not cost anyone (not even under the cap) to think positive.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 10:24 am

Will Mitch stay with the club long term, I wonder. This little article in the SMH caught my eye...."Pitch for Mitch."
"The Roosters offer from the Roosters was around $400.000 a-season mark, with more to come in 2018 and 2019.
His decision to sign a one year deal with the WT is a better one financially for next year.
It's significant that he was offered a long-term deal with the WT but knocked it back."
Interesting times ahead.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 11:30 am

Tigermama wrote:Will Mitch stay with the club long term, I wonder. This little article in the SMH caught my eye...."Pitch for Mitch."
"The Roosters offer from the Roosters was around $400.000 a-season mark, with more to come in 2018 and 2019.
His decision to sign a one year deal with the WT is a better one financially for next year.
It's significant that he was offered a long-term deal with the WT but knocked it back."
Interesting times ahead.
mmm very interesting

also means he wants to back his ability and think he can get more money next year. i think thats a solid bet to make

but we should be alright in player retention going forward since uncle harry isnt the major sponsor and has been topping up some of our marquee players a bit of money lately since he's not involved with the club.

and also a bit more success in the future (fingers crossed) should pump some money into the club and allow us to upgrade facilities etc. in the coming years
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 11:59 am

willow wrote:He doesn't lack confidence which is a good thing but talk of making the 8 is premature. The road trip to Melbourne will be a defining test for the team. A win down there could be the catalyst for bigger things, but we are not at the level of Melbourne, Cowboys, Sharks etc yet.
Note sure i agree Willow.

We are that inconsistent, we could put 40 on Melbourne and not make the 8. Alternatively, we could get beat them by 40 but still actually make the 8.

But im with you, id be more positive and happier with a good strong performance. Discipline will be EVERYTHING because Cameron Smith & Co. Have the ability to annoy and frustrate the hell out of you.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 4:32 pm

Love his confidence and he is right- when we play well we are more than competitive. Good teams don't get beaten by Newcastle though I'm afraid- they use them as a massive percentage booster. We lose to crap teams far too often.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 4:58 pm

Would not expect the players to believe anything less...

Doubt and chicken little is for the fans...
Wayne Train 2019..

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 5:53 pm

I am worried that if he shows major improvement next year, uncle Nick will come back with a much improved offer for him & Tedsco.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 6:23 pm

Russell wrote:
The_Doc wrote:The exuberance of youth, little does he know we will be in the same place next season when his mind isnt so free thinking of his contract again :?
Tell me Doc what are they going to achieve if they don't think positive - exuberance of youth. Maybe the older guys should think this way as well.

It does not cost anyone (not even under the cap) to think positive.
Your right i agree positive thinking is great, i think it should have happened a lot sooner re putting the contract stuff to bed if it was weighing heavy on his mind. But it will be exactly the same next year, not all his fault the club can take much of that blame for letting the situation drag on.