Wests Tigers have a shot in 2016

AmericanHistoryX

Wests Tigers have a shot in 2016

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 7:17 pm

With all likelihood that Matt Moylan will retain the fullback jersey for the NSW, the Blues loss is the Tigers gain.

The Tigers now have six wins and eight losses to the start the season after overcoming the Rabbitohs for the second time with a scintillating attacking performance.

The 30-14 did little to illustrate the Tigers dominance. With only two goals from six the scoreline could have been much worse with Josh Addo-Carr and Mitchell Moses bombing tries of varying degrees of difficulty.

While the Tigers are still low down on the ladder and with plenty of contenders pushing for spots in the bottom half of the eight they still have plenty of work to do to play finals football.

While Mitchell Moses was in many ways the conductor last night, everyone in the backline looked dangerous.

Their are few teams better to watch when they are on than the Tigers. Their length-of-the-field effort among others was a highlight of the season so far, shifting the ball from the kick off as no other teams are game enough to do, they were justly rewarded with a try.

While their was plenty of talk during the week again about Jason Taylor and Robbie Farah the results spoke for themselves Friday night. The young Tigers started full of spark and looked good early, with Farah coming from the bench and providing some stability and control at the back end of the game, a scoot from dummy half resulting in a try to the hooker.

A mention too needs to go to Elijah Taylor. Unwanted by the Panthers he has been one of the Tigers best since he was released mid season and has many Penrith fans agonising over why on earth he was let go.

The Tigers have to win six of their past ten with two byes still to come. With Origin having little effect on them they can certainly mount a charge playing as they did last night.

They have to play heavyweights Melbourne and the Cowboys but also have some what will be vital clashes against other clubs that will be vying for the eight in the likes of the Panthers, Dragons, Warriors and Titans as well as the struggling Eels.

While they may not make it this season if they Tigers can weed out their inconsistency and grow as a playing group, no club will be as joyful to watch in coming seasons. They have some wonderful prospects and while their has been much unrest lately they have the potential to be a powerhouse sooner rather than later.

Jack Aubrey
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 8:03 pm

I still think that goal kicking will be a major factor, in how high wests tigers finish on the ladder this season.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 8:54 pm

And points differential .. If it close we are stuffed

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 8:59 pm

If we can notch one on the Storm i think we are in with a big chance, but unfortunately whenever we look likely we get blown off the park.

I would love nothing more than a nice run to the finals.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 10:50 pm

Milky wrote:If we can notch one on the Storm i think we are in with a big chance, but unfortunately whenever we look likely we get blown off the park.

If the Tigers beat Melbourne they are certainties for the 8..I find it hard to believe the Tigers are in the same ball park as the storm at this stage then onto Penrith so the next 2 games are critical for a good finish.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 10:57 pm

If we beat Melbourne at full strength i would be positively stunned.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 10:57 pm

We were good against the Bunnies, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves though. They were diabolical.

I agree if we put a showing in against Melbourne I'll concede we're turning a corner, but it will take a long time for me to forget the effort against Easts.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 11:09 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:We were good against the Bunnies, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves though. They were diabolical.

I agree if we put a showing in against Melbourne I'll concede we're turning a corner, but it will take a long time for me to forget the effort against Easts.
Yep I'm still scarred by last weeks performance, we need to find consistency in our performances is the key.. Unfortunately we more often than not follow up a good performance with a poor one the next week.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 11:14 pm

Who is Jack Aubrey??? If he is a journalist he is a very poor writer and speller. Doesn't know the difference between their, there and they're.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 11:28 pm

Snake wrote:
Milky wrote:If we can notch one on the Storm i think we are in with a big chance, but unfortunately whenever we look likely we get blown off the park.

If the Tigers beat Melbourne they are certainties for the 8..I find it hard to believe the Tigers are in the same ball park as the storm at this stage then onto Penrith so the next 2 games are critical for a good finish.
If we win our next 2 we are 50% for the year that is far from good but could catapult us into a charge for the 8.That would be far higher than we deserve from our performances as our +/- is terrible

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 12 Jun, 2016 11:33 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Snake wrote:

If we win our next 2 we are 50% for the year that is far from good but could catapult us into a charge for the 8.That would be far higher than we deserve from our performances as our +/- is terrible
Our for and against is mainly bad because of the Raiders and Dogs games, we've generally been competitive. We lost to Melbourne by 1 and the Sharks by 8 and they're top of the table (deservedly).

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 12:09 am

I'd even be happy going into the last week of the season at least having a mathematical chance of making the 8

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 8:30 am

We definitely have a chance. Our team is not a dud team. We should be in the top 8 this year.

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 9:32 am

Now that the penny has dropped and JT has realised that duds like Siro,Buchanan,Milone are of no value to the team we have a chance of sneaking into the 8.

coopy

Post by coopy » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 9:34 am

It's the inconsistency that's the problem. We are a real Dr.Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde team. I reckon we will put a great show against the Storm and really push them (if nut beat them) and then get towelled by the Panthers the following week.

I think we will make a run for the 8 punctuated by poor performances with blow out scores that will be our undoing due to points differentials.

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 6:25 pm

Equal 8th on competition points would be a massive improvement on 2013-15, even if we missed the finals on F/A. It'd be the Sheens years all over again, some flashy wins to come 9th.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 6:45 pm

Saints have a good draw during SOO , drew Cowboys 1st week , Storm 2nd week ......

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 13 Jun, 2016 9:35 pm

I actually think JT is getting some of the hard jobs done ...we are a much better side since the inclusion of ET .we are only 3 good signings off being a finals team imo