*Live game thread - Wests Tigers v Bulldogs*

ricksen

Re: *Live game thread - Wests Tigers v Bulldogs*

Post by ricksen » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:38 pm

We did a lot to win that game, but we're no chance of beating a top side if we defend like that.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:39 pm

Liddle was impressive. Looks big enough already.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:39 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:Rankin is a Complete hack ..
No speed
Too bloody skinny

Lawrence should be at the glue factory ... Couldn't care less if people think he's a club great , he offers nothing .
Step away from the computer and take a breath. I'll grant you Rankin, but Lawrence? Turn it up.
He was terrible tonight....two bad drops in our 30 and a woeful tackle on our line.

Drops balls every game.

Needs to be much better than that!
And last week he ran a great line to set up Ava. He has howlers, but he's far from worthless.

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:39 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
No speed
Too bloody skinny

Lawrence should be at the glue factory ... Couldn't care less if people think he's a club great , he offers nothing .
Step away from the computer and take a breath. I'll grant you Rankin, but Lawrence? Turn it up.

Dude if you think Lawrence played well you didnt watch the game go back watch it again he was horrible. He has been for a while. I love his enthusiasm and his club loyalty but he just inst a first grader.

In saying all of that the boys busted their asses and played really hard. The difference is when we need control we struggle with it.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:41 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
No speed
Too bloody skinny

Seriously ... Lawrence is nothing more than a crash test dummy .
Time to go full time into his fitness business IMO
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:41 pm

jadtiger wrote:Rankin was terrible and Lawrence wasnt far behind.I thought we played ok for most of the match.Nofo does a lot of the dirty yards when we need it,every team needs a player like him he never shirks his job
Rankin just isn't up to it. If we had Tedesco he probably catches that kick from Simona and we score and win. Nofo is a beast but he has a mistake or two in him. If he got that out of his game he'd be close to the best winger in the comp.

I thought Lawrence was good.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:41 pm

Dear oh dear if every player who ever had a bad game wasn't a first grader Cam Smith would be a lonely man.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:41 pm

hodgo wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
No speed
Too bloody skinny

Dude if you think Lawrence played well you didnt watch the game go back watch it again he was horrible. He has been for a while. I love his enthusiasm and his club loyalty but he just inst a first grader.

In saying all of that the boys busted their asses and played really hard. The difference is when we need control we struggle with it.
Not defending his game tonight, im defending him as a player overall.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:42 pm

Lets just enjoy the 2 points next week i say

Post by 851 » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:44 pm

tigerstragic wrote:who is the D coach. Can he not get a simple blackboard and a couple of videos and sit Kevin down and show him how it works. For heaven sake I do this with my u12 centres that I coach
It hs been happening all year, yet nothing is done about it, we went into this game with the 2nd worse defence in the NRL averaging over 25 a game, so no surprise really.
Go hard or go home

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:45 pm

tigerstragic wrote:who is the D coach. Can he not get a simple blackboard and a couple of videos and sit Kevin down and show him how it works. For heaven sake I do this with my u12 centres that I coach
Well thats David Kidwell , Not sure how he keeps his job safe and hasnt got the boot yet..

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:45 pm

How bout Josh Reynolds

''We knew any side with Tedesco in their team are gunna be tough''

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:47 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
No speed
Too bloody skinny

It all started after Brooks throws a crash pass after receiving a poor ball himself

Golden rule , don't throw a pass after getting a poor pass , especially a crash ball

Lawrence was pretty good tonight , yeah one bad carry as far as I was concerned and the missed tackle ,cmon he is trying to tackle a player one on one he steps inside him on a wet night , when he is in motion give him a break :brick:

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:49 pm

At some point, our team will realise that one out plays for a full set when we're behind with time running out isn't the best way to score points.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:50 pm

MacDougall wrote:Liddle was impressive. Looks big enough already.
Mickey D, i cant call that performance impressive
No hooker is impressive if all he does is pass from dummy half and sadly that was bulk of his role

A good hooker goes for runs, penetrates the defence or lack of, is intelligent and thinks on his feet.

I only saw him do his job tonight, not go above and beyond.
so i will reserve the label of impressive till i have seen a bit more of him perhaps

Solid for tonight though

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:50 pm

happy tiger wrote:Brooks second half was horrendous

Poor options ,poor passes , poor kicking game and playing at that grubber

Gutsy effort by the team as a whole , could have so easily been a win

Brooks needs to watch himself. Hunt played really well earlier and could press for a first grade spot. Can kick goals as well.

Rankin, Lawrence, Lovett ( how he keeps getting picked is a mystery) ordinary.

Marsters again played well in reserve grade as did the fullback.

Our right side defence is just awful. Really awful.

We could go alright in this competition if we made some changes. A couple in the forwards (Liddle and Farah as hookers ), Marsters to second row.

The backs need a new broom. Rankin out, Kevin out, Hunt for Brooks.

Discuss.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:51 pm

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
No speed
Too bloody skinny

It all started after Brooks throws a crash pass after receiving a poor ball himself

Golden rule , don't throw a pass after getting a poor pass , especially a crash ball

Lawrence was pretty good tonight , yeah one bad carry as far as I was concerned and the missed tackle ,cmon he is trying to tackle a player one on one he steps inside him on a wet night , when he is in motion give him a break :brick:
I'm sick of his dropped balls. Every bloomin game he drops simple ball.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 9:52 pm

Lawrence was actually really good. We were good. The main problem is that we had Tedesco out.