3, 2, 1

  •  Recent Topics
User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29315
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Re: 3, 2, 1

Post by Geo. » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 6:01 pm

Happy has a point regarding the option Simona took...tackle 3 with the big fat Doggies blowing hard...we had plenty chasing tha kick...take the tackle we have them on toast..

People want the highlight reel plays though ..the play what's in front of them options...when it doesn't come off however dont waaaaaah about it...
Wayne Train 2019..


User avatar
foreveratiger
Member
Member
Posts: 12035
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 6:08 pm

We are talking about the ball that Rankin had to catch was chest height full stop and catchable, especially a Professional that gets paid as a Profession.

Nothing to do with any other options Simona may of have, that ball was catchable chest high as hobbo has said.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6343
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 6:23 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Spot on hobbo

That ball was definitely chest high and catchable, just watched it 5 times.

I think everyone is frustrated cause we should of won a game we were unexpected to win, i certainly gave us no hope.

We are definitely taking small steps to being a side that we will win more than lose, once we can purchase 3-4 quality 1st Graders watch out.
We still have a couple of players that aren't 1st Grade standard but you expect that with Salary Cap constraints.

This year is not dead and buried but we are not at the level of the Cowboys, Sharks, Bulldogs etc....

Looking forward to next year already.
Happys just looking for an argument :lol:
Keefy Galloway would've gathered that ball in !!

We are slowly improving ...
I too was expecting to getting a flogging .
They tried hard but ran out of gas and they had too many dumb plays .
Try catching a ball at chest height then at full speed when you've no idea how high it is going to bounce

Some idiots missing the whole bloody point

THE KICK WAS THE WORST OPTION OF THE THREE HE COULD OF CHOSEN

IF THE IDIOT CENTRE TAKES THE SMARTER OTHER OPTIONS WE DON"T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!!

And I have a tool in another thread arguing that Simona is a good centre , you have to be bloody kidding
The only TOOL in this thread is you happy !
You're initial argument was that the ball was over his head , it WASN'T !

It was a gift of a bounce , pretty much in the bread basket !
Put the Toad down :lol:
Spot on Hobbo, it may have been a low percentage option from Simona, but it worked, the ball was chest high and in the bread basket, Rankin fluffed it, if you were watching FOX Happy you would of heard the commentators mention the sitter try bombed.
No excuse from Rankin, a first grader would have taken that ball and we would have been 12 ahead, we probably win from there.
Go hard or go home

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7077
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 6:37 pm

851 wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Happys just looking for an argument :lol:
Keefy Galloway would've gathered that ball in !!

We are slowly improving ...
I too was expecting to getting a flogging .
They tried hard but ran out of gas and they had too many dumb plays .
Try catching a ball at chest height then at full speed when you've no idea how high it is going to bounce

Some idiots missing the whole bloody point

THE KICK WAS THE WORST OPTION OF THE THREE HE COULD OF CHOSEN

IF THE IDIOT CENTRE TAKES THE SMARTER OTHER OPTIONS WE DON"T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!!

And I have a tool in another thread arguing that Simona is a good centre , you have to be bloody kidding
The only TOOL in this thread is you happy !
You're initial argument was that the ball was over his head , it WASN'T !

It was a gift of a bounce , pretty much in the bread basket !
Put the Toad down :lol:
Spot on Hobbo, it may have been a low percentage option from Simona, but it worked, the ball was chest high and in the bread basket, Rankin fluffed it, if you were watching FOX Happy you would of heard the commentators mention the sitter try bombed.
No excuse from Rankin, a first grader would have taken that ball and we would have been 12 ahead, we probably win from there.

Did not see the game as I had a wedding on down the coast, but watching the highlights it was a sitter, but every player bombs a sitter at some stage and most of them escape any real barrage on this forum. Simona a few weeks ago all he had to do is fall on a ball over the line, JAC had the line wide open and dropped a ball with a few yards to run, anyway Rankin did drop a game changer but have a look at some very average defence that led to the dogs scoring six trys before focusing on a missed opportunity.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 8:20 pm

Some people have no idea how hard it is trying to attack a bouncing ball at speed when you have no idea where the next bounce is going

And yeah the chest can be as hard as up high , its harder to get your hands into position than a ball at your waist or knees to waist

But obviously all the experts now better so I'll just shut the f up OK


hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10150
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 8:26 pm

happy tiger wrote:Some people have no idea how hard it is trying to attack a bouncing ball at speed when you have no idea where the next bounce is going

And yeah the chest can be as hard as up high , its harder to get your hands into position than a ball at your waist or knees to waist

But obviously all the experts now better so I'll just shut the f up OK
Apology accepted ...
Go have a nana nap :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 8:33 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Some people have no idea how hard it is trying to attack a bouncing ball at speed when you have no idea where the next bounce is going

And yeah the chest can be as hard as up high , its harder to get your hands into position than a ball at your waist or knees to waist

But obviously all the experts now better so I'll just shut the f up OK
Apology accepted ...
Go have a nana nap :lol:
It wasn't an apology

Sick of arguing with people that have absolutely no clue Hobbo

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29315
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 9:49 pm

I'm backing the Hall of fame fullback because he would know...
Wayne Train 2019..

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:07 pm

foreveratiger wrote:We are talking about the ball that Rankin had to catch was chest height full stop and catchable, especially a Professional that gets paid as a Profession.

Nothing to do with any other options Simona may of have, that ball was catchable chest high as hobbo has said.
Should never have go to the stage of Rankin having to catch a bouncing ball at all FT

He takes the tackle , gets a fast play the ball and we score off the next tackle , probably closer to the posts as well

People obviously just have issues with players and coaches because they aren't cool enough , are pretty enough , don't have slick hair or don't fit the mould of what they want

Because they have arguments that have no logical football sense

Brooks made so many mistakes in the 2nd half , yet Rankin gets blamed for not taking a ball he should never had to

Logic :brick: ??

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10150
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:15 pm

Geo. wrote:I'm backing the Hall of fame fullback because he would know...
I should've known better to try and quote a "hall of famer "
:roll
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:24 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
Geo. wrote:I'm backing the Hall of fame fullback because he would know...
I should've known better to try and quote a "hall of famer "
:roll
You can stick your hall of fame garbage where the sun doesn't shine , that's for sure

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:27 pm

851 wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Happys just looking for an argument :lol:
Keefy Galloway would've gathered that ball in !!

We are slowly improving ...
I too was expecting to getting a flogging .
They tried hard but ran out of gas and they had too many dumb plays .
Try catching a ball at chest height then at full speed when you've no idea how high it is going to bounce

Some idiots missing the whole bloody point

THE KICK WAS THE WORST OPTION OF THE THREE HE COULD OF CHOSEN

IF THE IDIOT CENTRE TAKES THE SMARTER OTHER OPTIONS WE DON"T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!!

And I have a tool in another thread arguing that Simona is a good centre , you have to be bloody kidding
The only TOOL in this thread is you happy !
You're initial argument was that the ball was over his head , it WASN'T !

It was a gift of a bounce , pretty much in the bread basket !
Put the Toad down :lol:
Spot on Hobbo, it may have been a low percentage option from Simona, but it worked, the ball was chest high and in the bread basket, Rankin fluffed it, if you were watching FOX Happy you would of heard the commentators mention the sitter try bombed.
No excuse from Rankin, a first grader would have taken that ball and we would have been 12 ahead, we probably win from there.
And using that logic 851 we should blame the iceberg and the sea water for the Titanic sinking

Absolute geniuses :brick:

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3192
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:28 pm

I am not blaming Rankin, he did well to get there. But Tedesco takes that ball in his sleep. Game over.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29315
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:32 pm

Geo. wrote:Happy has a point regarding the option Simona took...tackle 3 with the big fat Doggies blowing hard...we had plenty chasing tha kick...take the tackle we have them on toast..

People want the highlight reel plays though ..the play what's in front of them options...when it doesn't come off however dont waaaaaah about it...
I'll just leave this here for happy...as he seems to have his cranky pants on...
Wayne Train 2019..

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10150
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:35 pm

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Geo. wrote:I'm backing the Hall of fame fullback because he would know...
I should've known better to try and quote a "hall of famer "
:roll
You can stick your hall of fame garbage where the sun doesn't shine , that's for sure
:bawling
:bawling
:bawling
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
foreveratiger
Member
Member
Posts: 12035
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:43 pm

happy tiger wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:We are talking about the ball that Rankin had to catch was chest height full stop and catchable, especially a Professional that gets paid as a Profession.

Nothing to do with any other options Simona may of have, that ball was catchable chest high as hobbo has said.
Should never have go to the stage of Rankin having to catch a bouncing ball at all FT

He takes the tackle , gets a fast play the ball and we score off the next tackle , probably closer to the posts as well

People obviously just have issues with players and coaches because they aren't cool enough , are pretty enough , don't have slick hair or don't fit the mould of what they want

Because they have arguments that have no logical football sense

Brooks made so many mistakes in the 2nd half , yet Rankin gets blamed for not taking a ball he should never had to

Logic :brick: ??
There is no Guarantees that Simona would of stayed in the field of play as he wedged himself awfully close to that sideline hence why he kicked that ball back inside in desperation i dare say .
I don't think we would of scored of the next play had Simona taken the tackle in the field of play as we were still 35-40 metres out .
Had Simona been tackled in the field of play ? i dare say with a quick play the ball there would of been a high probability that a Bulldogs player would of gone to the sin for not getting back on side with a scoring chance at our beckoning .

As for Rankin.....no doubt it would of been a difficult attempt at full speed but him being upright in his posture and the ball at his chest ? i thought it was a catch-able ball .
If it was below his waist line ? i think it makes it more difficult as his at high risk of loosing balance.

As for Brooks ? ummm i better not :lol: Geo is around . Brooks was extremely poor in the 2nd half , think his kicking game is slowly coming together he needs to run it at the line more that's Brooks at his best when he does that.

It is pretty much opinions really.....doesn't mean i'm right , i have played the game at a decent level and used to catch them with 1 hand ;) :lol: .

I have always said before a ball was kicked in 2016 that the NRL is out of Rankin's League but hardly his fault for being picked .
There is actually a few that are lucky to be playing 1st Grade in our Club Lovett , Naiqama can consider themselves lucky aswell IMO , I'm not convinced with Addo-Carr yet either as i think he looses alot of Metres in his carries cause he doesn't know how to balance his posture.....his lucky to be blessed with amazing speed , i think Bellamy will get the best out of him.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

User avatar
Wagga Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 742
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:50 pm

Just for the fun of it I went back and watched it a few times, a wet slippery night tackled from behind and only a meter or so from touch, no way does he not end up over the sideline at the speed they were travelling, the push from Rona puts him over the sideline. Rankin should have taken that ball, he snatched at it, it's not the only reason we lost but you would expect him to eat that up.
3. Grant
2. Taylor
1. Ava

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40746
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Jul, 2016 10:55 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Geo. wrote:I'm backing the Hall of fame fullback because he would know...
I should've known better to try and quote a "hall of famer "
:roll
You can stick your hall of fame garbage where the sun doesn't shine , that's for sure
:bawling
:bawling
:bawling
Yeah that's it

You DON"T get it , Simona takes the WRONG option but we won't hold him responsible or accountable, we will blame the poor bugger probably thinking to himself why has this DH taken this stupid screwed up option and then had to get himself from a role of a support player into the position of a chaser in the matter of a split second still manages to get into the right position and then makes a mistake

Course we won't blame the person who screws up by taking the wrong option

Its like the same twits that blame Lawrence for dropped pass when Brooks gets a ball behind him and still sticks Lawrence in a crash ball situation on a wet night

Yeah blame Lawrence , not the numbnut who threw the pass that was low percentage and going to achieve absolutely nothing

Rugby League isn't what happens at the moment of impact or action , its what leads up to that point

Simona and Brooks break all the golden rules of percentage football , yet get off scott free

Post Reply