WESTS Tigers Team V St George

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V St George

Post by formerguest » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 9:49 am

angry ant wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Tiger Tim wrote:It is tough times for tigers supporters at the moment. I was really happy to hear Benji was on the hill watching Robbie play today. So much for the years of conjecture about them not getting on.
This is funny isn't it. The rumours about Benji and Robbie not getting along appear to be a load of palava. I wonder if the rumours of Robbie undermining coaches is in the same category.
Tiger Tim wrote:Personally i hope JT is gone by the end of the year but unfortunately this will mean that the Tigers haven't made the Semi's and struggled in the back end of the season. Any which way you look at it we are going to have a couple of tough months ahead of us.
I think there is now a valid reason to sack JT even if we make the 8. I think he makes too many bad decisions.
Those rumours hey... ;)

Speaking on the topic on NRL 360 for the first time since his his messy divorce with the Tigers at the end of the 2012 season, Sheens said that "players get rid of coaches" and "I expected a little bit better".

Asked whether a show of public support from senior players like Marshall and skipper Robbie Farrah could have saved his job, Sheen responded: "Put it this way: players get rid of coaches".

"It's generally senior players too," he added.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 6592082801

"Robbie Farah told me to my face when I was on Triple M last year on a Saturday show, he told me that Mick Potter can't coach," Tallis said. "I don't go on Chinese whispers, I go on what he told me."

Ayoub did not deny Farah may have made the comments, saying: "That was correct last year but his opinion has changed. That was 12 months ago."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... zxfo2.html
Give or take a month or so, 12 months ago there was a problem with Robbie, just as there was twelve months prior, again a year before that, and ...........

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 9:53 am

Gary Freeman also had a bit to say about him in the past when he coached him as a junior, his reluctance to play to team game plans etc

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:03 am

Tigermama wrote:
gallagher wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
gallagher wrote: Benjis brother was playing wasnt he?
He was. I assume that Benji was there to support Robbie but it could be to support his brother. Maybe it was both of them.

Considering the timing though I assume he went to support Robbie.
I'm gonna assume he went to watch his brother and have a good old laugh at Farah playing reserves.
Neither of us know his reasons tho.
Benji on NRL 360 said he was the first to speak to Robbie when this happened and offer his support.
On another thread one poster said he spoke to Benji and Benji said he was there to support Robbie.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:07 am

stevetiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
gallagher wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
He was. I assume that Benji was there to support Robbie but it could be to support his brother. Maybe it was both of them.

Considering the timing though I assume he went to support Robbie.
I'm gonna assume he went to watch his brother and have a good old laugh at Farah playing reserves.
Benji on NRL 360 said he was the first to speak to Robbie when this happened and offer his support.
On another thread one poster said he spoke to Benji and Benji said he was there to support Robbie.
Which I hope Benji is doing , Robbie will need everyone's support at this stage

Doesn't mean it wasn't the right call or the coach needs to be sacked

Same way I hope all clubs support any players who are going to be let go , this happens all the time in the modern game

No one player is bigger than the club

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:14 am

happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
gallagher wrote: I'm gonna assume he went to watch his brother and have a good old laugh at Farah playing reserves.

Same way I hope all clubs support any players who are going to be let go , this happens all the time in the modern game

Yes no one player is bigger than the club but that is completely irrelevant.

It's about making good decisions.

Let's see how we go today but based on how we've performed without Robbie in the team this year we are going to miss him.

I think therefore it's another poor decision from a dud coach.

To be fair this could all be about giving up on this season and getting rid of Robbie for next season.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:30 am

stevetiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:

Yes no one player is bigger than the club but that is completely irrelevant.

It's about making good decisions.

Let's see how we go today but based on how we've performed without Robbie in the team this year we are going to miss him.

I think therefore it's another poor decision from a dud coach.

To be fair this could all be about giving up on this season and getting rid of Robbie for next season.
We are coming off the bye , playing away from home and the Saints are playing for their season today

Anyone who thinks todays game will be a walkover needs their heads read

People need to stop living in the past , we are talking about the 2016 Farah , not the 2011 Farah

Taylor will live and die with this decision , something I'm sure you are ecstatic with Steve

I'll repeat something I said a few weeks ago

I can't understand why so many people are against Taylor , if he gets this all right and we can do everything he is speaking about , the club will be set for a long and fruitful future with or without Taylor

Last week you accused me of not wanting the club to do well Steve or thinking we can win

At virtually every turn , you bag Taylor and twist everything he does

Maybe get behind him and the club for once , the benefits for the club could be mindblowing

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 11:04 am

I am 100% behind the club. The comments stating that I'm not behind the club because I think JT is a moron are well off the mark. I could state exactly the same thing back to you. Supporting Taylor shows that you are not behind the club.

I don't like Taylor because he has been making poor decisions consistently since he came to the club.

We've looked a lot better recently on the field because we haven't been using Taylor's dud game plans. I think that is great. The drama with Robbie had somewhat settled and I thought we could just focus on finishing off this season well and trying to make the semis which with the squad we have we definitely should make.

Taylor though comes to the rescue yet again and creates this drama.

I'll add that I could understand the decision if Robbie wasn't good enough to make our top squad but based on what we've seen this season that is definitely not the case.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 11:07 am

happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
gallagher wrote: I'm gonna assume he went to watch his brother and have a good old laugh at Farah playing reserves.

Good to see Woodsy there too.

palms

Post by palms » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 11:10 am

On thread topic, is there any news of who will be replacing Farah? I'm assuming Edwards...had anyone heard anything otherwise?

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:07 pm

Tigermama wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:

There's a extremely simple answer to this whole problem which could've and hopefully will in the future stop it from repeating,

only contract players to what you can afford

Don't just agree to anything For the sake of a signature.

Don't sign a player knowing that you will be trying to get another club to take over your debt towards the end of the contract
Don't sign a 32 yr old player,( any player) to a million per year contract for 4 yrs

All of these things were done by WTs , nor Farah,,

I'd support any other player who digs his heels in.
The clubs have to get themselves into this century , and remember that they are not a law of their own

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:12 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

There's a extremely simple answer to this whole problem which could've and hopefully will in the future stop it from repeating,

Don't sign a player knowing that you will be trying to get another club to take over your debt towards the end of the contract
Don't sign a 32 yr old player,( any player) to a million per year contract for 4 yrs

The clubs have to get themselves into this century , and remember that they are not a law of their own
So Pascoe and co are responsible for Farah's contract??

Tell your story to our last ceo.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:13 pm

palms wrote:On thread topic, is there any news of who will be replacing Farah? I'm assuming Edwards...had anyone heard anything otherwise?
He seems the likely replacement.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 1:52 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Pascoe and Co were officials of the Club. Yes you're right, they were the individuals who made the decision , but it's the clubs responsibility until that contract expires to carry it out. They cannot force anything or be seen to force anyone to do what they don't want to do. As long as they fulfill their contract
If they don't want to spend that amount of money now that's too bad. And I hope more players take notice and stop letting clubs get out of contracts. Rather than rolling over for them
Clubs ( and Players) should be made to honour contracts. Unless both agree without Coersion

palms

Post by palms » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 2:18 pm

Interesting that Sportsbet have Jacob Liddle on their first tryscorers list...did he play NYC?

palms

Post by palms » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 2:20 pm

Never mind, I just noticed he's playing NYC. Unless JT decides to take a leaf out of the old days where players backed up from the previous game!

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 2:22 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:

Pascoe and Co were officials of the Club. Yes you're right, they were the individuals who made the decision , but it's the clubs responsibility until that contract expires to carry it out. They cannot force anything or be seen to force anyone to do what they don't want to do. As long as they fulfill their contract
If they don't want to spend that amount of money now that's too bad. And I hope more players take notice and stop letting clubs get out of contracts. Rather than rolling over for them
Clubs ( and Players) should be made to honour contracts. Unless both agree without Coersion
If I remember correctly, 4 years ago Pascoe was at Penrith (Mayer was our CEO) and we had a board made up of Balmain and wests reps with no indepenant directors

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 2:23 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:Pascoe and Co were officials of the Club. Yes you're right, they were the individuals who made the decision , but it's the clubs responsibility until that contract expires to carry it out. They cannot force anything or be seen to force anyone to do what they don't want to do. As long as they fulfill their contract
Exactly. It's a learning experience for the club. Hopefully they don't make mistakes like this again.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 2:29 pm

Some blunt tools here