Yossarian

Re: 3,2,1...

Post by Yossarian » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 7:42 pm

3 Sue
2 Woods
1 Moses

Sue was phenomenal. Not just the tries but taking that short kickoff was a massive play. Woods was great but in that break Taylor gave him he could have got down to Maccas and back.
Moses just stepped up when the game was tight. Made some good tackles too.

Brooks final 10-15 were great. The 40/20 and the try saving tackle were massive moments in the game.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 9:09 pm

There were some very good players out there today. Early on it was Woods, Josh Aloia and Sue. Edwards hit hard and often and cut the big forwards down to size. Taylor was great all game. Gives away some penalties around the play the ball that we could do without however. Ava was a handful when he was on as well.

Nofo had a good game but is NOT a fullback. He is much more dangerous on the wing.

I am sure that Brooks is still carrying a leg injury. JAC picked up a leg injury late in the game.

The referees were crap once again

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 9:15 pm

magpiecol wrote:There were some very good players out there today. Early on it was Woods, Josh Aloia and Sue. Edwards hit hard and often and cut the big forwards down to size. Taylor was great all game. Gives away some penalties around the play the ball that we could do without however. Ava was a handful when he was on as well.

I am sure that Brooks is still carrying a leg injury. JAC picked up a leg injury late in the game.

The referees were crap once again
Yeah those hits that Edwards puts on are really valuable. They hurt and rattle whoever happens to cop them and make the whole opposition forward pack that bit more wary and cautious in their hit ups. It's what I was hoping he'd bring to the team when we signed him and now that he's actually fit he's starting to deliver.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 9:21 pm

3.Woods
2.Moses
1.Rankin

If you look at the score...the 6/6 that Jordan kicked is the points difference,great effort,special mention to Edwards his tackling was awesome today and he is developing very well...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 9:23 pm

3. Woods
2. Sue
1. JAC
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 10:00 pm

3 Sue
And then the rest.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 11:29 pm

Sue stepped up big time, but just misses the 3 to Woods in my books.
Brooks gets 1 for both his 40-20's and his control, Moses had the flash but I think Luke got us back in the game.

Ava was great and ET was his usual self minus a few home crowd penalties.

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 11:49 pm

TIGER wrote:If anyone thinks 2 good kicks equates to a no7 having a great game you seriously know nothing about rugby league.
ET played at 7 today, Brooks hardly handled the ball.
I'd like to know what his job is when we're in possession, it seems as though it is to receive the ball and put up a bomb on the last, that's it!!!!!
He doesn't go to the line and attempt to put a player through a hole, he rarely gets the ball and takes on the line, his kicking is generally poor, he's just not a busy halfback. Taylor from the Titans runs rings around him. Talk about accepting mediocrity jeez.
he came up with the goods when it mattered

Mashies

Post by Mashies » Sun 28 Aug, 2016 11:56 pm

Kavi wrote:
Mashies wrote:3 - Brooksy: Best kicking performance since he has been at the club. Well placed 5th tackle kicks and unlucky not to be awarded the first 40/20 attempt...
2 - Woodsy: When him and Sue are on the park we are a significantly better side
1 - Sue

Never thought we looked like winning, but the team managed to hang in there somehow... Wasnt our best performance, but extremely gutsy none the less...
who ever created the thread got it wrong its 3,2,3 not 3,2,1 :sign:
Haha... Good point... Updated :-)

Mashies

Post by Mashies » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 12:21 am

TIGER wrote:If anyone thinks 2 good kicks equates to a no7 having a great game you seriously know nothing about rugby league.
ET played at 7 today, Brooks hardly handled the ball.
I'd like to know what his job is when we're in possession, it seems as though it is to receive the ball and put up a bomb on the last, that's it!!!!!
He doesn't go to the line and attempt to put a player through a hole, he rarely gets the ball and takes on the line, his kicking is generally poor, he's just not a busy halfback. Taylor from the Titans runs rings around him. Talk about accepting mediocrity jeez.
Wow, you seem really agitated by Brooks, I thought he had a great game... He controlled much of the game with his kicking and was a big reason for us winning, along with the work from the props.

Last time i checked he was not doing too badly this year with try / line break assists, which suggests the total opposite to what you're saying... Are you sure you dont have him confused with someone else?

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 1:06 am

Some of you blokes must have still been affected by ...whatever.
Rankin, Edwards, Brooks :lol:
The rest of the team should donate their match payments to Moses , Woods and Sue.
Everyone else was average.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 6:20 am

cktiger wrote:Some of you blokes must have still been affected by ...whatever.
The rest of the team should donate their match payments to Moses , Woods and Sue.
haha...let the hate flow thru you...must kill you to see them go so well and be happy

yeti

Post by yeti » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:46 am

innsaneink wrote:
haha...let the hate flow thru you...must kill you to see them go so well and be happy
Not sure why you 'follow' the team to be honest, ck. They never seem to provide you with anything but grief!

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 9:31 am

foreveratiger wrote:Woods
Sue
Moses

Brooks :lol: , did he even play?
He kicked the 40/20 that won the game for us.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 10:15 am

Is the jury still out on Moses? I remember alll the people doubting him a few months ago. He's improved so much and still only 20/21.

Still think we should have kept TMM

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 10:24 am

tsjonathan wrote:Is the jury still out on Moses? I remember alll the people doubting him a few months ago. He's improved so much and still only 20/21.

form half of the nrl...

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 10:50 am

yeti wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Not sure why you 'follow' the team to be honest, ck. They never seem to provide you with anything but grief!
No grief from me Yeti - I love the Tigers. Was only commenting on some of the players given points and making what I considered a lighthearted comment.
As for Ink and his snide little remarks ...it never kills me to see the Tigers win (kills me when they don't) and I don't hate anyone.
I have opinions on what I think is good for the team and make them known -unlike himself who prefers to give his opinions on those who don't share his wisdom and exalted status.
Obviously not much else to do up in that ivory tower.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 11:18 am

Kavi wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:Is the jury still out on Moses? I remember alll the people doubting him a few months ago. He's improved so much and still only 20/21.

form half of the nrl...

No Doubt.