Re: Sticky Set To Rest Players In Tigers Clash

Post by marzie » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 1:03 pm

Rest them all Ricky

everett

Post by everett » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 1:11 pm

What we need to happen

Cowboys beat Titans. Very likely

Sharks upset Storm at home. 50/50. Storm don't lose two in a row

Stuart rests half his squad allowing the good guys, WT to play semi finals.

We will probably meet the Broncos in the semis and get our bums kicked.

At least a spring board to season 2017 when Farah hopefully gone, a full time hooker and JJ Feilse in the top squad. Our forwards are looking good for 2017.

If ET is not resigned then Edwards to train as lock.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 1:21 pm

God Ricky would hate to loose a game of marbles but in saying that resting some players might be in his interest.

Ricky can't achieve a Minor Premiership anyway and if we had the old semi final system where 1st plays 8th, 2nd plays 7th, 3rd plays 6th etc.... then finishing 2nd would be crucial to Ricky Stuart as it guarantees him a 2nd week of finals footy but with the new system top 4 get a 2nd chance if they loose anyway and that is what maybe Ricky is thinking in giving some of his players a rest.....a bit of a nothing game for the Raiders as there assured of a Top 4.

Can't wait for the weekend.
Last edited by foreveratiger on Mon 29 Aug, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 1:30 pm

They get a benefit of a "home semi" in week 2 I think if they're 2nd....as opposed to possibly going to NQ, melb or Brisbane maybe.... I may be wrong

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 1:43 pm

I believe if the Tigers beat Canberra and Brisbane come 5th then we play them in Brisbane on Friday night with a five day turnaround compared to Brisbane having a eight day turnaround!!

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 1:47 pm

innsaneink wrote:They get a benefit of a "home semi" in week 2 I think if they're 2nd....as opposed to possibly going to NQ, melb or Brisbane maybe.... I may be wrong
I forgot about that , if that's the case a Home semi Final in Canberra week 2 would be a huge advantage .

Ricky is lucky that he will know full well the outcome of the Storm vs Sharks game by Sunday as the Storm game is on Saturday Night , then he can decide how important it is for his side to finish 2nd , if the Sharks beat the Storm ? there is nothing to gain for Ricky.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 1:48 pm

innsaneink wrote:They get a benefit of a "home semi" in week 2 I think if they're 2nd....as opposed to possibly going to NQ, melb or Brisbane maybe.... I may be wrong
Losers from Top 4 get the home semi against the winners from the bottom 4...
Wayne Train 2019..

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 7:30 pm

I was told Canberra don't get to play a home semi just like the Sharks can't play at home?

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... qp2sl.html

It's not fair considering NQL apparently do get a home semi.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 7:54 pm

Defiant wrote:I was told Canberra don't get to play a home semi just like the Sharks can't play at home?

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... qp2sl.html

It's not fair considering NQL apparently do get a home semi.
They'll get to host a semi in Canberra in either week one or two (or both), depending on results.
If they're due to host a final in week 3, ie a preliminary final, it'll be in Sydney.

Ed Reschs

Post by Ed Reschs » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 7:54 pm

TopTiger wrote:I believe if the Tigers beat Canberra and Brisbane come 5th then we play them in Brisbane on Friday night with a five day turnaround compared to Brisbane having a eight day turnaround!!
Due to wallaby test Suncorp only available Sunday according to channel 7.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 7:57 pm

Im sure they make this crap up as they go along, how anyone can follow it has me stuffed

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 9:26 pm

everett wrote:What we need to happen

At least a spring board to season 2017 when Farah hopefully gone, a full time hooker and JJ Feilse in the top squad. Our forwards are looking good for 2017.

If we do jag a semi spot we can play whoever we want in whatever grade we want.
If all team make the semi's 2nd tier salary cap doesn't apply.
So we could play Liddle and JJ if JT wanted to.

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 9:34 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
everett wrote:What we need to happen

If we do jag a semi spot we can play whoever we want in whatever grade we want.
If all team make the semi's 2nd tier salary cap doesn't apply.
So we could play Liddle and JJ if JT wanted to.
only problem is who we drop and if it would hurt the team

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 10:34 pm

innsaneink wrote:He is probably only talking in regards to Sezer and if hes not quite right may rest him, cant see too many changes.....momentum at this time of year is crucial, players want to play, you dont want to be tampering with any roll the team is on
Sezer took a big hit on the weekend, was smashed by Korosaiu! Sezer pulls up sore and other results go the raiders way and Sticky may rest him? If he does and with Austin out they may lack direction?

Our boys should be desperate to win and if they aren't hungry enough then we don't deserve to be in the 8!!!

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 29 Aug, 2016 10:57 pm

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
innsaneink wrote:He is probably only talking in regards to Sezer and if hes not quite right may rest him, cant see too many changes.....momentum at this time of year is crucial, players want to play, you dont want to be tampering with any roll the team is on
Sezer took a big hit on the weekend, was smashed by Korosaiu! Sezer pulls up sore and other results go the raiders way and Sticky may rest him? If he does and with Austin out they may lack direction?

Our boys should be desperate to win and if they aren't hungry enough then we don't deserve to be in the 8!!!
They had Austin out when they flogged us 60-6, didn't seem to be too much of a problem for them. Sam Williams can handle the kicking and they can move Whitehead to 5/8 where he did reasonably well earlier in the season.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 7:32 am

Nelson wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:

They had Austin out when they flogged us 60-6, didn't seem to be too much of a problem for them. Sam Williams can handle the kicking and they can move Whitehead to 5/8 where he did reasonably well earlier in the season.
You are right, I did say in another post that the Raiders have depth, but you just never know - they are in the top 4, other results go their way and maybe just maybe they start looking at the first week of the finals instead of the last round and we sneak in with a win?

I have seen it before! Would I put my house on it? No, but I might bet the shed?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 7:59 am

JT should certainly treat this game as he did the Cowboys game. Prepare as though they will run out full strength. No complacency, no disrespect to the opposition.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 8:12 am

The fact that we lost to them by such a big margin last time should be motivation to thump them this time! and yep JT and the team shouldnt be distracted by who is or isn't playing.