Sticky Set To Rest Players In Tigers Clash

TrueTiger

Re: Sticky Set To Rest Players In Tigers Clash

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 9:00 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:The fact that we lost to them by such a big margin last time should be motivation to thump them this time! and yep JT and the team shouldnt be distracted by who is or isn't playing.
TCL,welcome to the best forum in the world,you sound like a knowledgeable and sane person....give it a couple of weeks with some on here and you will be calling for the straight jacket :lol: :roll
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 11:46 am

Ed Reschs wrote:
TopTiger wrote:I believe if the Tigers beat Canberra and Brisbane come 5th then we play them in Brisbane on Friday night with a five day turnaround compared to Brisbane having a eight day turnaround!!
Due to wallaby test Suncorp only available Sunday according to channel 7.
Unless the Wallabies are playing Friday night i don't see how they would come into consideration at all. Stadiums host multiple events on the same weekend all the time without a care in the world.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 12:54 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tiger Come Lately wrote:The fact that we lost to them by such a big margin last time should be motivation to thump them this time! and yep JT and the team shouldnt be distracted by who is or isn't playing.
TCL,welcome to the best forum in the world,you sound like a knowledgeable and sane person....give it a couple of weeks with some on here and you will be calling for the straight jacket :lol: :roll
Thanks TT, i did note that some members are very steadfast in their views, but that to me just shows a passion and love for the team. The only thing I'm uncomfortable with is when they make personal comments about the club, players and other forum members.

As a supporter i believe you have the right to criticise a player for their performance, a coach for his decisions, and even comment about a post, but not make it personal.

After all we are all the same side :sign:

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 6:33 pm

Kavi wrote:
bathursttiger wrote:
everett wrote:What we need to happen

Cowboys beat Titans. Very likely

Sharks upset Storm at home. 50/50. Storm don't lose two in a row

Stuart rests half his squad allowing the good guys, WT to play semi finals.

We will probably meet the Broncos in the semis and get our bums kicked.

At least a spring board to season 2017 when Farah hopefully gone, a full time hooker and JJ Feilse in the top squad. Our forwards are looking good for 2017.

If ET is not resigned then Edwards to train as lock.

If we do jag a semi spot we can play whoever we want in whatever grade we want.
If all team make the semi's 2nd tier salary cap doesn't apply.
So we could play Liddle and JJ if JT wanted to.
only problem is who we drop and if it would hurt the team
I don't think you can change the team at this stage of the season, I was just stating a fact.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Wed 31 Aug, 2016 9:47 pm

I can't see Ricky resting anyone if the Sharks lose. He'd essentially be deciding on his 17 at 9:30 the night before the game. If he does rest players he will be doing it despite the score in the Sharks game, not because of it.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 1:36 pm

Ricky is still playing games, just read an article that claims he won't be resting players for the game as they have just been given 3 days off???

stevied

Post by stevied » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 2:02 pm

As many have said, I think the Tigers should completely block out any notion of Canberra players being rested and approach the game as if they are playing the form team of the comp. This the attitude they used to knock over the Cowboys when there were questions about Thurston's inclusion and all us supporters need to join in with the same belief. Basically we need to play the game of our lives, it's that simple.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 2:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:Im sure they make this crap up as they go along, how anyone can follow it has me stuffed
what crap, the raiders home stadium for finals?

play big games in big stadiums - seems reasonably logical to me. sucks for raiders fans but it also sucks for the 15-20k that dont get to watch a prelim final live cuz its held in a tiny 25k venue

pros and cons
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."