Farah on the Bench

Fumbles

Re: Farah on the Bench

Post by Fumbles » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 11:56 pm

Geo. wrote:Straw-man Argument CB ...one that can never be won...wont stop people trying tho..

Farah has been unfit to play for a month...
If he has been unfit for a month, which I strongly doubt why was he named in the team last week and the week before? Is he actually still at the club or has he run off through a hole in the fence somewhere?

underdog

Post by underdog » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 12:47 am

That Hip Flexor Injury takes ages to heal guys.

Also requires spending late nights out with mates on the town - that must be the part of the rebab manual that Timmy Moltzen followed as well - never quite seemed to recover from injuries quickly....

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 2:28 am

Give him the same farewell we haves sheens and potter...we owe him nothing

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 9:14 am

larrycorowa wrote:Give him the same farewell we haves sheens and potter...we owe him nothing
Except what he's contracted for.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

palms

Post by palms » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 9:48 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:Give him the same farewell we haves sheens and potter...we owe him nothing
Which is what he is and always was intended to get no matter how this played/s out. A mute point that people keep bringing up.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 10:03 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:The only way that was going to happen was if he agreed to a reduced pay out from the wests tigers.
Don't understand what you mean by this. He has a contract for next season and it will be honoured from his perspective. Whether it is paid in full by Wests or a combination of Wests and another club, the contract from his perspective will be honoured. If either party doesn't honour the contract, then it is a breach of contract. I can't see the club or Farah doing that.

The only way he can get a reduced pay position would be for both parties to agree to part ways from the final year of the current contract and then enter into a new contract. Possible - it would mean that Farah remains a one club player, but would earn less than his current contract.
Of course he will get his fullmoney, but not if WTs get their way.
Luckily they picked the wrong bloke to try this on. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that Farah
Will call their bluff. After all it's his decision as to what he does.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 10:05 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
And pay him what he's contracted for. I hear the ANZ has some good loans on offer

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 10:09 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
And pay him what he's contracted for. I hear the ANZ has some good loans on offer
I don't see the issue in paying him in instalments. It's likely how he is paid at the moment.

As I said, if he doesn't want to play State Cup in 2017 he'll have to meet the club halfway on some of the terms as much as it will eat him inside to do so.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 10:15 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:The only way that was going to happen was if he agreed to a reduced pay out from the wests tigers.
Don't understand what you mean by this. He has a contract for next season and it will be honoured from his perspective. Whether it is paid in full by Wests or a combination of Wests and another club, the contract from his perspective will be honoured. If either party doesn't honour the contract, then it is a breach of contract. I can't see the club or Farah doing that.

The only way he can get a reduced pay position would be for both parties to agree to part ways from the final year of the current contract and then enter into a new contract. Possible - it would mean that Farah remains a one club player, but would earn less than his current contract.
Luckily they picked the wrong bloke to try this on. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that Farah
Seriously, do you have any idea how contracts work? Do you know how many players in the comp atm would have some of their salary being paid by a former club? It's common practice. For you to think Wests are doing something evil by attempting to negotiate terms with another club to ease cap pressures shows either you have a very simplistic view of how how the cap works, or you are so embittered by the way the club has treated Farah, you expect every cent should come from them, no matter how financially crippling it may be. Either way, its madness.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but when we first signed Todd Payten, he was being paid by 3 clubs in his first season with us. Canberra, Roosters and us were all chipping in. And i'm pretty sure we paid some of Blair's salary last yr in his first yr at the Broncos. By your logic we should have footed his entire salary for 2015.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 10:22 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:

Seriously, do you have any idea how contracts work? Do you know how many players in the comp atm would have some of their salary being paid by a former club? It's common practice. For you to think Wests are doing something evil by attempting to negotiate terms with another club to ease cap pressures shows either you have a very simplistic view of how how the cap works, or you are so embittered by the way the club has treated Farah, you expect every cent should come from them, no matter how financially crippling it may be. Either way, its madness.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but when we first signed Todd Payten, he was being paid by 3 clubs in his first season with us. Canberra, Roosters and us were all chipping in. And i'm pretty sure we paid some of Blair's salary last yr in his first yr at the Broncos. By your logic we should have footed his entire salary for 2015.
Except he probably hated Blair and thought he should have gone for free.
Madge's Maulers.

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 10:25 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:

Tim Grant is being paid by both Souths and Penrith this year I believe (as well as WT).

tigers2005

Post by tigers2005 » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 10:26 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:

I'm not sure if you're aware, but when we first signed Todd Payten, he was being paid by 3 clubs in his first season with us. Canberra, Roosters and us were all chipping in. And i'm pretty sure we paid some of Blair'is salary last yr in his first yr at the Broncos. By your logic we should have footed his entire salary for 2015.
Has this even been confirmed by the Tigers or Farah. Or are you getting your knickers in a knot for no reason.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 10:27 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:

Except he probably hated Blair and thought he should have gone for free.
Its hard to take seriously, the moral high horse riding about the club doing the wrong thing by Farah when the club did the same thing to Galloway last yr and not a whisper was made. Its laughable.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 10:30 am

Just watched those highlights against last raiders game, struth their no. 9 created havoc but RF was not supposed to do that. If Mitch can pull this one out of the hat then he can walk on water
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 10:33 am

tigers2005 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:

I'm not sure if you're aware, but when we first signed Todd Payten, he was being paid by 3 clubs in his first season with us. Canberra, Roosters and us were all chipping in. And i'm pretty sure we paid some of Blair'is salary last yr in his first yr at the Broncos. By your logic we should have footed his entire salary for 2015.
Has this even been confirmed by the Tigers or Farah. Or are you getting your knickers in a knot for no reason.
And there we have it - the useless response that keeps the merry-go-round on this discussion ongoing. The basics of contract law and the precedents of 100's of other players in the NRL in similar payment situations all thrown away because there is no official statement from the club or Farah.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 10:39 am

tigers2005 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:

Has what been confirmed?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 10:57 am

Madge's Maulers.

tigers2005

Post by tigers2005 » Fri 02 Sep, 2016 11:10 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
tigers2005 wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

Has what been confirmed?
That the stalling of this saga is because he wants a full pay out on what he is owed up front. Because just as he has a right to get what he is owed, i dont think him or any player can demand for it to be paid up front.