Brooks

Byron Bay Fan

Re: Brooks

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 9:48 am

With Brooks and Moses small size they have to be very skilful and gutsy to compensate and unfortunately Brooks does not possess sufficient of either. He could do with about a month of full time one-on-one coaching with Toovy and then re-appraise.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 9:49 am

I think Luke Brooks is concentrating too much on his worth, rather than playing his best for the Wests Tigers.
I am very disappointed with Brooks. I hope he can make up his mind if he wants to stay at our club, if so we expect 100% from him each time he comes on the field.

He is apparently quoted as saying if we didn't get into the 8 this season it would be unacceptable- well Luke you have to contribute something to this objective.

Kavi

Post by Kavi » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 10:08 am

The problem is we dont have a pack and i dont see that changing for a while

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 10:46 am

Kavi wrote:The problem is we dont have a pack and i dont see that changing for a while
Yes, no half is able to play behind a dominated pack, he may create one or even two tries but cannot be effective for 80 mins.

WTDiehard

Post by WTDiehard » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 10:50 am

Maybe we expect too much from Brooks but you can only compare against other halves in the comp and it always comes down to "is he even on the field"....or "where is he hiding"?

Every player contributed to mistakes yesterday.....some really stupid ones like Tim Simona's !!!

Even Moses had a pretty poor day by his standards.....but at least he was having a go, he was passionette but he was having a dig. And that's what you want from your players....having a go.

I find it difficult to say the same for Brooks....he's just missing in action almost constantly.

To me I knew how Brooks would go yesterday by 1 piece of play.......early in the game he threw a hospital pass to Lawrence when he should have pinned his ears back and had a run....he should have taken some ownership,but as usual he didn't. From that moment I knew Brooks would have his usual game....MIA.

Andrew Johns has often spoken about getting into the game.....make a few runs early, make a few tackles early....get involved. Johns must have some idea as he is an immortal.

Unless there is a big improvement in Brooks performances in 2017 I don't see how the Tigers can offer him a big money contract.....he's just not worth the money......all the following players have a bigger influence on the tigers results than brooks;

teddy, moses, nofo, sue, ave, woods ( maybe even kevvie and simona as well )......atm brooks is no better than sam williams, hastings or any of the other 2nd tier halves trying to crack it for a 1st grade spot somewhere.

And I'm trying to be as fair to the guy as I can.

Just a real disappointment.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 10:56 am

hasnt come along, id look to start with this next year with 6. Sironen 7. Moses

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 10:58 am

Who's Luke Brooks?

Isn't he that guy who had that awesome debut a year or two back?

Whatever happened to him?

notarealtiger

Post by notarealtiger » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 11:05 am

He's got the skills, I just think he's been down on confidence for so long and doesn't know how to balance his involvement with Moses.

But I do agree that he doesn't seem to have a go sometimes. Even if Moses makes mistakes, he's always competing. Can't say the same for Brooks. Doesn't seem as hungry as a young, talented half should be.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 11:06 am

Am i the only delusional fool who still thinks about TMM and Mania?

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 11:06 am

Am i the only delusional fool who still thinks about TMM and Mania?

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 11:06 am

I'm really starting to doubt that he'll become the star we thought he might become, but to be honest we really don't need that - Moses and Teddy will be our standouts over the coming years and if Brooks can improve his consistency and become a solid halfback, then that's all we need.

I really do agree that young players such as Brooks need time to adapt, but he has been in FG for quite a while now and I feel he's had enough time. Next year will be a defining one in this regard, and it may end with him not having his contract renewed if there is no improvement.. Especially with his involvement and consistency. It's hard when you see players like Nathan Cleary, an absolute gun who looks like he's been playing for 10 years.. And he hasn't even been playing for one.

notarealtiger

Post by notarealtiger » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 11:08 am

Don't get me started on TMM. He's gonna be the five-eighth for NZ in a few years.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 05 Sep, 2016 11:23 am

notarealtiger wrote:Don't get me started on TMM. He's gonna be the five-eighth for NZ in a few years.
Cowboys wanted him badly to be the heir to JT too. I sitll think i'll follow him through his career, wherever he goes.

Club Sandwich

Post by Club Sandwich » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 7:15 pm

Say what you will about Brooks but the reality is that his defending is abysmal. Most of the time people swat him away like a fly.
Hopefully we sign a new defensive coach who gets him working on his fundamentals and slowly builds his confidence.
Unfortunately, 2017 will be a make or break year for Brooks. He can score/set up all the tries he wants but if he doesn't learn how to defend I'm afraid it'll be buh-bye.
Tigers tragic since 1980.