Your Nines Squad...

Off-season, Pre-Season and Round Archive
stryker

Re: Your Nines Squad...

Post by stryker » Wed 18 Jan, 2017 7:57 pm

Geo. wrote:Penrith must also be losers with Hook ruling out Moylan Cartwright Merrin Martin Watene-Zelezniak Whare Hiku Fisher-Harris Campbell-Gillard Peachey and Latu..to name a few..
I couldnt give a toss, im talking about us

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Wed 18 Jan, 2017 7:59 pm

Is Scott prince still gonna play? Him and benji teaming up together in Broncos jerseys would kinda suck.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:04 am

Didn't the NRL say a few seasons ago that you can't just take a reserve grade team over.... I know its only a Micky mouse comp but any kind of success this team can get would be beneficial.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:21 am

gallagher wrote:Is Scott prince still gonna play? Him and benji teaming up together in Broncos jerseys would kinda suck.
Unfortunately ur right

But at least we have the chance to whip their butts, or lose embarrassingly.

Anyway. It's just the 9's.

It is a good tournament, especially for the fans.

But come rd 1 nobody will remember
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

rialto

Post by rialto » Fri 20 Jan, 2017 1:48 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I'm not fussed. Its narrow minded to think we're the only club who doesn't take a full strength squad. I don't think the Broncos, Storm or Bulldogs have ever taken a full strength squad. I know its cliche but if Tedesco or Moses did an ACL there would be threads on here outlining plans for riots. Come round 10 if we are in the 8 is anyone going to remember the 9's? Look at the bigger picture.

Totally agree, IMO it's a no brainer. Teddy knows only one way to play - flat out, that's what makes him so great but also makes him more susceptible to injury.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 8:40 pm

Geo. wrote:I'm sure the Squad selected will have a positive attitude ..those young and fringe players may also stake a claim or push their case for further NRL consideration...

No way I would send Teddy either ...
If only you were the Coach Geo and they had that positive attitude you hoped they would have.
Any fringe players pushed there case for selection ? Suli ?
I didn't watch us at all cause i deleted in frustration after reading the Forum :lol:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 9:08 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:I'm sure the Squad selected will have a positive attitude ..those young and fringe players may also stake a claim or push their case for further NRL consideration...

If only you were the Coach Geo and they had that positive attitude you hoped they would have.
I didn't watch us at all cause i deleted in frustration after reading the Forum :lol:
Eisenhuth MCK Taylor were all good over both days IMO...Suli was good in patches definitely a good prospect could play wing early days in NRL..

If there was one as a smokey for Round 1 I would say Eisenhuth...

Littlejohn Hunt Rankin should not see FG and was dissappointed in Heleta who was found wanting at the back...Marsters didn't do much wrong but in the same token didn't do much...

I watched both Saturdays games again today and they weren't great granted we also didn't get pumped either...

Today's effort was more encouraging but we did field our strongest side and the Broncos had already qualified..still it was good to see Brooks run the side setting up 2 Tries with kicks and getting 2 repeat sets even though by his own admission you get a lot more time and space in 9's...the commitment to defence was also a lot more positive today especially the scramble that is required in 9's...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 9:40 pm

Geo. wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:

Eisenhuth MCK Taylor were all good over both days IMO...Suli was good in patches definitely a good prospect could play wing early days in NRL..

If there was one as a smokey for Round 1 I would say Eisenhuth...

Littlejohn Hunt Rankin should not see FG and was dissappointed in Heleta who was found wanting at the back...Marsters didn't do much wrong but in the same token didn't do much...

I watched both Saturdays games again today and they weren't great granted we also didn't get pumped either...

Today's effort was more encouraging but we did field our strongest side and the Broncos had already qualified..still it was good to see Brooks run the side setting up 2 Tries with kicks and getting 2 repeat sets even though by his own admission you get a lot more time and space in 9's...the commitment to defence was also a lot more positive today especially the scramble that is required in 9's...
Lets hope we are ready to go come Round 1 and our forwards lay a platform our halves can take advantage of .
No doubt 9's mean squat but it sounded like we were lacking a desire to represent .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 9:43 pm

Geo. wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:

Good summary . I was hoping to see Suli and Marsters do alittle more. Not that they played poorly. Good to see the kicking skills of Brooks. Some say it's easier in 9's but I didn't see anyone else kick as well as Brooks.
However I'm still puzzled as to why JT played his strongest side for a dead rubber? No one has given a job explanation of what his logic was for that call.
in Ivan we distrust

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Sun 05 Feb, 2017 9:48 pm

Agree with most of that, though didn't really see it with Eisenhuth. Looked slow and cumbersome, though the height gives us something different I guess.
Heleta has been disappointing in each of his 9s appearances, which is a shame. JLJ/Rankin/Hunt - very average, though I'd prefer Hunt to Rankin if we needed a scrappy emergency option for the wing.
ET is just class. Could fill a number of roles for the FG team and excel.
Was quite impressed with Suli and wouldn't be surprised to see him in FG sooner rather than later.