Re: We will lose by 50

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:55 am

Flippedy wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:33 am
Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Tue 14 Mar, 2017 3:55 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 6:04 pm
So, who is going to be as silly as I was last year and waste hundreds of dollars on tickets, hotel, petrol money to see your team get beaten by 50?
I work Sunday mornings but if I can get it done by midday I'm a chance of making it from the city to Bruce stadium in time for kickoff. I'll see how I'm feeling Sunday morning and whether my wife's keen for a road trip. If it's a sunny day it'll be fun.

Cosimo, Jonathan save yourselves the heartache (and the money spent) guys and stay home!!! Even if we play close to our best I still don't think we can match it with Canberra. They have our number and they know how to roll right through us.

If anyone is thinking our toilet paper defence is going to be miraculously stronger in just one week then they're deluded!
Well Flip,you can call me deluded and crazy if you like,however,Iam willing to make the call now regarding our game against the Raiders.....WTs 24 Raiders 14...
I'm basing my prediction on the facts of last week..let me expand..
1.the Simona drama addressed to the playing group on the morning of a big home game..mentally unsettled them...
2.32 degree heat will make playing to your best extremely hard so early in the season...I was there and it was bloody hot...
3.the errors that were absolutely simple,like losing the ball over the line,not scoring because of a forward pass,Brooks rifling a pass at Idris that hard and fast close to him,Superman wouldn't have held it..

So these few summations have me thinking ,if the team can be in a good frame of mind and go into the game with clear gameplans and stick to them,they may produce something special that may make them a bit of a force for the season,if your a good team and in a good frame of mind winning becomes that little bit easier without the excess baggage.....🤔
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:01 am

willow wrote:
Tue 14 Mar, 2017 6:00 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tue 14 Mar, 2017 3:36 pm
Its not impossible. Remember last year when the raiders put 60 on us. Everyone was predicting souths to steamroll over us the next week, but we got one over them.
Its the type of game we win.
I'll say it right now, it's impossible. We won't get to within 30 points of the Raiders on Sunday, they'll have a training run against us.
What odds willow? Nothing is impossible!

Sharkies got Cowboys two years ago at around $12, then almost got Roosters a week later at $10.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:32 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:55 am
Flippedy wrote:
Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 6:04 pm
So, who is going to be as silly as I was last year and waste hundreds of dollars on tickets, hotel, petrol money to see your team get beaten by 50?
I work Sunday mornings but if I can get it done by midday I'm a chance of making it from the city to Bruce stadium in time for kickoff. I'll see how I'm feeling Sunday morning and whether my wife's keen for a road trip. If it's a sunny day it'll be fun.

Cosimo, Jonathan save yourselves the heartache (and the money spent) guys and stay home!!! Even if we play close to our best I still don't think we can match it with Canberra. They have our number and they know how to roll right through us.

If anyone is thinking our toilet paper defence is going to be miraculously stronger in just one week then they're deluded!
Well Flip,you can call me deluded and crazy if you like,however,Iam willing to make the call now regarding our game against the Raiders.....WTs 24 Raiders 14...
1.the Simona drama addressed to the playing group on the morning of a big home game..mentally unsettled them...
2.32 degree heat will make playing to your best extremely hard so early in the season...I was there and it was bloody hot...
3.the errors that were absolutely simple,like losing the ball over the line,not scoring because of a forward pass,Brooks rifling a pass at Idris that hard and fast close to him,Superman wouldn't have held it..

So these few summations have me thinking ,if the team can be in a good frame of mind and go into the game with clear gameplans and stick to them,they may produce something special that may make them a bit of a force for the season,if your a good team and in a good frame of mind winning becomes that little bit easier without the excess baggage.....🤔

I already knew you were crazy and deluded before this post, TT - you actually think you're gonna win the tipping comp! :lol:

If I may respond to your 3 points - 1. Penrith had their own unsettling week leading into the match coming off the back of a terrible loss to St George and the whole Cartwright incident blowing up in the media. 2. Ahh...Penrith played in the exact same heat :roll: Point 3. I will grant you, we did seem to have a lot of bad luck and missed opportunities that could've turned the game around completely had we been able to hold onto the ball over the line, but don't underestimate Penrith's defence as being a major reason why we failed to convert our opportunities into points - they were up and in on us from the start of the game and their goal line defence was desperate, unlike ours.

In the end, Penrith basically rolled us up the middle, got good field position and virtually strolled though our non-existent defence out wide at will - and unless there has been some sort of defensive miracle take place at Concord this week, I'm expecting Canberra to do the exact same thing. You can't play what you haven't got.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:56 am

Curaeus wrote:
Tue 14 Mar, 2017 2:08 pm
Always hard to win in Canberra much less when the home team have lost two on the trot but I wouldn't write us off just yet. Leaving aside the Penrith teams undeniable good form against us it's hard to imagine the Simona fiasco and the garbage that appeared in newspapers just before the Penrith game would not have had some kind of adverse effect on our teams attitude last weekend. Simply disgusting how the Telegraph and its talentless drones are exploiting a very sad situation to sell their crap publications. Does anyone think these creeps give a damn about Tim's well being running these articles?
Remember Tim did the interview

He could have set it up for a Monday or Bye week ......

Probably proves how desperate he was for cash .....

willow

Post by willow » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:59 am

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:01 am
willow wrote:
Tue 14 Mar, 2017 6:00 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tue 14 Mar, 2017 3:36 pm
Its not impossible. Remember last year when the raiders put 60 on us. Everyone was predicting souths to steamroll over us the next week, but we got one over them.
Its the type of game we win.
I'll say it right now, it's impossible. We won't get to within 30 points of the Raiders on Sunday, they'll have a training run against us.
What odds willow? Nothing is impossible!

Sharkies got Cowboys two years ago at around $12, then almost got Roosters a week later at $10.
We won't get close to the Raiders, we don't have the defensive game to stop Canberra in the middle and with hard running outside backs like Leilua, Rapana and Wighton who generally put them on the front foot...nup, we're on a hiding to nothing this weekend.

everett8

Post by everett8 » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 12:26 pm

Canberra love playing us as their big pack can steam roll us.

If we could not beat them at home last year in the game that would have seen us playing semi finals then can't see anything but a huge defeat.

We will play them back into form.

Another shocker from Moses and Brooks would see their market value to move South.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 1:46 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 11:32 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:55 am
Flippedy wrote:
Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:

I already knew you were crazy and deluded before this post, TT - you actually think you're gonna win the tipping comp! :lol:

If I may respond to your 3 points - 1. Penrith had their own unsettling week leading into the match coming off the back of a terrible loss to St George and the whole Cartwright incident blowing up in the media. 2. Ahh...Penrith played in the exact same heat :roll: Point 3. I will grant you, we did seem to have a lot of bad luck and missed opportunities that could've turned the game around completely had we been able to hold onto the ball over the line, but don't underestimate Penrith's defence as being a major reason why we failed to convert our opportunities into points - they were up and in on us from the start of the game and their goal line defence was desperate, unlike ours.

In the end, Penrith basically rolled us up the middle, got good field position and virtually strolled though our non-existent defence out wide at will - and unless there has been some sort of defensive miracle take place at Concord this week, I'm expecting Canberra to do the exact same thing. You can't play what you haven't got.
Thanks for the kind words Flip.....in response ....WTs players were informed about everything Simona was accused of the morning of a big home game...that would have affected them somewhat...Penrith adapted better to the weather conditions than what we did,and it told after 20 mins...
If Brooks plays a smarter role this week,including last tackle options,kicking to the corners and keeping the Raiders on the back foot,running the ball at good opportunities and generally leading the team around the park with Moses,then maybe Teddy and others will follow suit,they just need good opportunity and Brooks must provide that with Moses..the team also has to lift immensely on handling errors and simple mistakes that the unders 10 s would do eg,dropping the ball over the line and forward passing...and most of all they all must produce the heart to have a deadset go to show us they are NRL players...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

barra

Post by barra » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 2:15 pm

clifferdSH wrote:
Tue 14 Mar, 2017 12:10 am
Negativity aside

I think our best way to win this game is to run them raggered. We obviously can't compete in the forwards. So a lot of 2nd phase, unstructured footy is probably needed and a heavy flow of possession

If we get them fatigued unleash Teddy, Moses, Nofo and co to do their thing

Cronulla aren't exactly a big team like us either but used this game plan and it worked to their advantage

All in all, I'll be happy if we are atleast competitive in defeat
Add to that a high completion rate and excellent kicking game - and kick chase.

So many 'ifs' for us to be competitive... while the only one for them is 'if' they play to their usual form!

I usually go to watch this game but I am still mentally scarred from the last two times we played at Canberra - neither time did we look like we thought we could win or cared enough to put in 100%.

Will likely give it a swerve this time.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 2:20 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:32 am
magpiecol wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:26 am
This place is full of snowflakes!

Only round 3 for God's sake. Not worth losing sleep over.
First time I've heard someone call people snowflakes for being realistic.

Pray tell have you ever commented to offer an opinion or insight, or do you only ever pop up to take pot shots from the peanut gallery?

On what facts are you stating that we will lose by 50? So the WT's got rolled last week. So did the Raiders. So, is it the fact that they have bigger forwards? A better goal kicker? If that's all you got, then it is a pretty thin argument.

We have Teddy, Nofo, Moses, Taylor and Suli. Every one of these players ( in my opinion ) is better than any one of the Raiders players. So, with a bit of luck and some competent ref's, we will be ok.

Even if we get smashed, it is not the end of the world. Over 20 rounds to go, not two.

:brick:

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 2:39 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 2:20 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:32 am
magpiecol wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 10:26 am
This place is full of snowflakes!

Only round 3 for God's sake. Not worth losing sleep over.
First time I've heard someone call people snowflakes for being realistic.

Pray tell have you ever commented to offer an opinion or insight, or do you only ever pop up to take pot shots from the peanut gallery?

On what facts are you stating that we will lose by 50? So the WT's got rolled last week. So did the Raiders. So, is it the fact that they have bigger forwards? A better goal kicker? If that's all you got, then it is a pretty thin argument.

We have Teddy, Nofo, Moses, Taylor and Suli. Every one of these players ( in my opinion ) is better than any one of the Raiders players. So, with a bit of luck and some competent ref's, we will be ok.

Even if we get smashed, it is not the end of the world. Over 20 rounds to go, not two.

:brick:
It's a speculative thread Col. You can only go on form and they've got a reasonably similar side to last year that smashed us to pieces on two separate occasions. Every team is a chance if they turn up on the day but only a fool would put his house on Wests to win.

I do agree it's not the end of the world if we get beat, but we're talking about this weekends game so that point is kind of moot, don't you think?
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 5:15 pm

Not the end of the world but the cracks will start appearing if we put in a poor performance

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 5:50 pm

The scary thing is even if we play our best footy , if Canberra play their best we will get rolled

Canberra have their weaknesses , we need to exploit every weakness they have , but I reckon if they complete their sets at 75% we will struggle , we need to complete at 90% + and fire

We will need to find a way of scoring 36+ points in my opinion to win

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 6:02 pm

some fans are too optimistic, why stop at 50, go to big one 200+ :crazy

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 6:13 pm

Is this the Pick the Score thread this week,,?

Mighty Wests Tigers 24
Wicky's Waiders 18

FTS Tedesco
LTS Suli

MOTM Woods

Crowd 18779 all going home with the Clap..
Wayne Train 2019..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 15 Mar, 2017 7:07 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 15 Mar, 2017 6:13 pm
Is this the Pick the Score thread this week,,?

Mighty Wests Tigers 24
Wicky's Waiders 18

FTS Tedesco
LTS Suli

MOTM Woods

Crowd 18779 all going home with the Clap..
No ,delete your own post now :lol:

matchball

Post by matchball » Thu 16 Mar, 2017 2:43 pm

I'm always torn. Canberra broke my heart in 89 and Im forever haunted by that when we play them.

Heart says tigers but common sense says Canberra.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 18 Mar, 2017 9:14 am

We used to beat Canberra every time until they signed Stuart.

We should play Canberra the way Penrith played us. We need to play smart early. Kick early and we'll and defend desperately.

If we are within a try (preferably ahead) at the 25min mark I think we will go on with it.

If we are 2 tries down early. We will get flogged.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 18 Mar, 2017 10:30 am

Flippedy wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:39 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:28 pm
willow wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:22 pm
stryker wrote:
Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:59 pm
Im expecting a bounce back from us and will be cranky with a flogging but everything points to a Raiders win...i just cant see how we can even ambush them.
Canberra's forward pack will tear holes through us like a kleenex at a snot party. We're going to get absolutely mollered Stryker.
Mollered ?? :shock:

Is that WA Talk ??

And snot party?? I don't think I've ever been to one of those!
The dancefloor is packed. Everyone wants to boogie.