Kaiser wrote:
spaceman wrote:Your Point?
Umm... there's still 24 to go?

but but...Wests Tigers lost a game.....season over

Bring on 2011!!!!
Wayne Train 2019..

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:42 pm

Sure it was hot and there were players out. However we normally seem to play round 2 in Townsville. No its not season over because you lose one game. I don't think anyone is expecting the team to win every game. But we need every competition point we can get. It was a bad day at the office but conceding 44 points to the team that finished 16th last year might be a concern. I don't want another year when we need to win 4 out of our last 5 to make 8th place. I can understand the point Spaceman is making.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 7:50 pm

bloody hell, round 2 and it's quits already?

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 8:17 pm

Kaiser wrote:
spaceman wrote:Your Point?
Umm... there's still 24 to go?

x2

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 8:28 pm

NJLM78 wrote:Sure it was hot and there were players out. However we normally seem to play round 2 in Townsville. No its not season over because you lose one game. I don't think anyone is expecting the team to win every game. But we need every competition point we can get. It was a bad day at the office but conceding 44 points to the team that finished 16th last year might be a concern. I don't want another year when we need to win 4 out of our last 5 to make 8th place. I can understand the point Spaceman is making.
It doesn't matter where they finished last year - they got rid of a lot of deadwood, a coach who was just one of the boys, bought well and instilled a new lease of life - i originally tipped them to fight out the wooden spoon but they have shown in the first 2 rounds that will be fighting it out for the 8 if not higher - we had a short turnaround after a very bruising game last week - we need to cut out stupid mistakes and hope Sheens sees the value of putting the young guns in now and we will be fine,

Mattie13

Post by Mattie13 » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 9:00 pm

In comparison to the rest of the clubs our team No's 1 - 13 when at their best are the most attacking and probably in the top five defensivly. This year truly does have a 2005 smell about it. Remember eight in a row at the back end of the year in '05 when it finally came together. I do hope it doesn't come to that this year, as the comp is a lot tighter and relying on winnning streaks when in form will not cut it. If things do gel together by round 7 or 8 and barring any serious injuries (our depth is very questionable) we will be there at the end. At that stage the talent will rise to the top. Farah, Marshall, Ellis, Tuqiri, Moltzen, Lawrence, what fan wouldn't want these players in their team at their best.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 9:20 pm

interesting thread to say the least
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

MGB

Post by MGB » Sun 21 Mar, 2010 9:41 pm

Bit early to be writing them off, Round 2!
I still think there is much to be confident about, it isn't quite gelling yet but you can see what we are capable of for 20 min. periods of the game. Fix up the leaky right side defence and this is a better side than last season.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 9:33 am

NJLM78 wrote:Sure it was hot and there were players out. However we normally seem to play round 2 in Townsville. No its not season over because you lose one game. I don't think anyone is expecting the team to win every game. But we need every competition point we can get. It was a bad day at the office but conceding 44 points to the team that finished 16th last year might be a concern. I don't want another year when we need to win 4 out of our last 5 to make 8th place. I can understand the point Spaceman is making.
You are kidding!

Ok... We conceded 44pts.. correct. They also conceded 32! On a day like that... defence is always going to go missing. On 3 occassions in the second half we gave up cheap possession when we looked like scoring a few plays later. This lead to 2 of their tries aswell!!

Mix that up with 2 late ommissions from the side and I'm not sure what people expect sometimes.... I'm not saying we were unlucky... you make your own luck and own left side defence was disgusting and our fullback played terrible!

But to start saying "We can't win the comp" after this game is pathetic!
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 9:43 am

Everyone, please take a chill pill.....just put yesterday down, to a bad day at the office.
We were always going to be under the pump without 2 great defenders in Gibbs & Fulton.

Trust me, a fully strength Wests Tigers team will be in the 8 this year, once Sheens gets them playing in all their right positions and the right selections are made

BRET

Post by BRET » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 9:57 am

Aladinsane wrote:Everyone, please take a chill pill.....just put yesterday down, to a bad day at the office.
We were always going to be under the pump without 2 great defenders in Gibbs & Fulton.

Trust me, a fully strength Wests Tigers team will be in the 8 this year, once Sheens gets them playing in all their right positions and the right selections are made
You just wrote our season off :cry:
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

Footy Head Goodness

Post by Footy Head Goodness » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:22 am

Tigerdave wrote:bloody hell, round 2 and it's quits already?
Its round 2 in the year 2010 mate. People are over it due to years upon years of frustrations with this god forsaken club. 1 year in 20 in the finals doesnt stop the year in year out blood boiling frustration of seeing our top 5 team on paper constantly miss the finals.

Sheens needs to make it work or move on.

Royce is being paid as a defensive coach. I hope hes on a performance based salary. If so, after the last 4 tears....he will owe us money!!!

MGB

Post by MGB » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:47 am

I dont agree, the signs are there for small periods, I'm sure this year will be vastly different.
Premierships are not won in March.

Footy Head Goodness

Post by Footy Head Goodness » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 12:06 pm

MGB wrote:I dont agree, the signs are there for small periods, I'm sure this year will be vastly different.
you cant win them in march....but you can lose them!!!

Alwaysownyou

Post by Alwaysownyou » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 12:48 pm

diedpretty wrote:
It doesn't matter where they finished last year - they got rid of a lot of deadwood, a coach who was just one of the boys, bought well and instilled a new lease of life - i originally tipped them to fight out the wooden spoon but they have shown in the first 2 rounds that will be fighting it out for the 8 if not higher - we had a short turnaround after a very bruising game last week - we need to cut out stupid mistakes and hope Sheens sees the value of putting the young guns in now and we will be fine,
Now, if only we could see the value in getting rid of the deadwood of a coach we have...
MOTH and proud.

spaceman

Post by spaceman » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 6:05 pm

MGB wrote:I dont agree, the signs are there for small periods, I'm sure this year will be vastly different.
Without all the 2 points that are avaliable in March you dont win a comp in October

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 7:40 pm

spaceman wrote:
Without all the 2 points that are avaliable in March you dont win a comp in October
It seems strange to me that some people are happy to say 'don't worry its only Round 2'. We did have injury problems before kick off but we still put a decent side out there. Leading 12 nil on a hot day we should have kicked on. Instead we have to find that 2 points somewhere later in the season. MGB is right, there are signs there in the two games we have seen but we need 60-70 minutes of this to win games.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 8:01 pm

Who wrote this? Your a peanut!!! While many players didnt put in yesterday, there was alot of variables that contributed to this poor result.

I think you need to look closer at our key players. Farah was average, Benji took too many risks at the wrong time (but this what makes him so good), Lui busted his ankle in the 7th minute, Ellis couldnt run and Moltzen is still learning to be a fullback. If these boys dont put in and lead this team around the park, we will be on the end of many more defeats like yesterday.

Dont bag the players if you dont know what direction they have recieved from the coach. Maybe Moors, Flanagan & Fitzy did everything at 100% as instructed by the boss. Time will tell if they are in the team next week, and if they are, well they probably did everything right!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017