My views on todays game

MGB

Re: My views on todays game

Post by MGB » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 11:52 am

Eddie wrote:We were left flagging in the heat. Farah not finding touch and then throwing an interceptt, both at 12-0 was criminal. The momentum shift went their way and we never got it back. Not that we helped our cause, however on a stinking day we lostthe flow of possession and were always going to suffer.

Few late injuries, a hot day and a quick turn around from Manly are some "reasons not excuses" for Sheens to use. Be interesting to see if we can turn it around in 4 days time. I don't want to hang them on todays effort however it wasn't great.
Could not agree more. Well said.

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 12:42 pm

A ball player is only good as the options that he has around him, I know Robbie hasn't played to his outstanding best but when you put it into perspective he hasn't been taht bad either.
I think that sometimes a player of Robbies ability gets unnecessary bagging when his game is down a few percent because we expect it to be a much higher standard. Dont forgot it is only round 2 and Im sure Robbie wont be happy with his start to the year but he is all CLASS and will work on his few percentage points missing and get his game back to a level that we have come to expect from him.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 12:47 pm

beachtiger wrote:A ball player is only good as the options that he has around him, I know Robbie hasn't played to his outstanding best but when you put it into perspective he hasn't been taht bad either.
I think that sometimes a player of Robbies ability gets unnecessary bagging when his game is down a few percent because we expect it to be a much higher standard. Dont forgot it is only round 2 and Im sure Robbie wont be happy with his start to the year but he is all CLASS and will work on his few percentage points missing and get his game back to a level that we have come to expect from him.
Agree 100%.

Yesterday Robbie looked 'on' at the start and we looked soooooo sharp.

BUT......Robbie did make some crucial errors.2 awful tackles,the kick no into touch the intercept pass......very unlike him,but footy can do that to you.

IMO Robbie is an inch off the stellar form that we know and love him for.

beachtiger

Post by beachtiger » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 12:59 pm

simonthetiger wrote:
beachtiger wrote:A ball player is only good as the options that he has around him, I know Robbie hasn't played to his outstanding best but when you put it into perspective he hasn't been taht bad either.
Agree 100%.

Yesterday Robbie looked 'on' at the start and we looked soooooo sharp.

BUT......Robbie did make some crucial errors.2 awful tackles,the kick no into touch the intercept pass......very unlike him,but footy can do that to you.

IMO Robbie is an inch off the stellar form that we know and love him for.
Your right and the errors he made were school boy errors, not finding touch from a penalty and a couple of shirt grabs are unlike him and also can make a big impact on the team....I expect a much more complete game from him against the Eels.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 1:08 pm

I couldnt believe those shirt grabs......what the??

And from the captain.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Mon 22 Mar, 2010 1:14 pm

why isnt benji kicking for touch?
pretty disappointing game yesterday, especially after the start when they looked as good as last week.
the main things i noticed yesterday were how badly moltzen went at fullback!! ive always liked him there, but yesterday he had a shocker. its like he wants to play halfback so is sabotaging the fullback position!
tuqiri went well again i think and is already a major part of the team IMO.
i thought the hot weather would help the tigers because they looked so much fitter than manly, but they all seemed so lethargic.
unfortunately i have to agree that lawrence looked ordinary defensively for the first time in years.
my only thoughts on farah were that he was quiet.
a positive is the continued good play of marshall (cant believe i am saying that!!).
fifita went well, and i was surprised at how well flanagan went. daniella looked okay to me, but then that is all i have seen of him.

im not too worried at the moment though. poor game, yes, but we have good players to come back and there are some very positive signs.