WESTS Tigers Team V Cowboys...

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5615
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Cowboys...

Post by Newtown » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 5:30 pm

If we have no standouts in the lower grades that means we will almost certainly have Naquima playing first grade all season. Every club in the NRL have worked out his obvious deficiencies which over extended time he has not improved. Time to give another would-be centre a chance, even Rankin who is a better tackler.


User avatar
Cosimo_Zaretti
Member
Member
Posts: 1331
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: Camperdown

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 5:43 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 5:00 pm
Also... 2nd tier cap doesn't care if players are in winning forum or not
This forum needs the second tier cap rules sticked as the top thread. People seem to think every player contracted to Wests Tigers in any competition is eligible for NRL selection every week.

User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by sideline eye » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 5:52 pm

Newtown wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 4:30 pm
clifferdSH wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 4:21 pm
Ugh people complaining about the side already....it was never going to change. Pull your head in
What happens if this side gets thrashed again in Townsville and in the next few weeks as well? Surely Clearly will begin to give our contracted players in ISP a fair chance to play in first grade in order to assess their worth.
Whether he will or won't pick players from ISP would be dependent on how those players are going. I see LIddle has been included and that's a great thing for his development but as far as promoting others is concerned, their form in ISP would have to be outstanding...there is a huge step up from ISP to NRL.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2246
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 6:45 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 5:52 pm
Newtown wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 4:30 pm
clifferdSH wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 4:21 pm
Ugh people complaining about the side already....it was never going to change. Pull your head in
What happens if this side gets thrashed again in Townsville and in the next few weeks as well? Surely Clearly will begin to give our contracted players in ISP a fair chance to play in first grade in order to assess their worth.
Whether he will or won't pick players from ISP would be dependent on how those players are going. I see LIddle has been included and that's a great thing for his development but as far as promoting others is concerned, their form in ISP would have to be outstanding...there is a huge step up from ISP to NRL.
I agree, there is difference between the grades, majority of those that played well are fringe first graders for us anyway.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3353
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 6:51 pm

I dont expect changes for a while no pressure from below, but i will be surprised if the same team is still there in 6 weeks if there is no improvement.At the very least i would expect positional changes by then.


User avatar
weststigers4life
Member
Member
Posts: 1313
Joined: Fri 17 Jun, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by weststigers4life » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 7:43 pm

Tough ask first up for Cleary to get the boys up but at least they will get out of Sydney for a few days & spend more time together as a group than if we had a home game & hoping to see a much more spirited effort.

User avatar
Mac tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun 21 Feb, 2016 10:27 am
Location: Glen Alpine

Post by Mac tiger » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 8:13 pm

Contract time boys. I hope someone makes Ivan a tape of the ISP game.

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5471
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 9:29 pm

Newtown wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 5:30 pm
If we have no standouts in the lower grades that means we will almost certainly have Naquima playing first grade all season. Every club in the NRL have worked out his obvious deficiencies which over extended time he has not improved. Time to give another would-be centre a chance, even Rankin who is a better tackler.
Well mate ,maybe Ivan is just the man to get Kev up and playing NRL style if he doesn't improve under Ivans coaching then England here I come would be his only out...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3193
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 9:44 pm

maxxy86 wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 4:45 pm
I'm sure he has eyes and have watched certain deficiency out there from the same players the last 2 years. Heck he's even coached against this rabble.
The first try that is scored down our right edge is when I'll be turning off the TV. So over it.
Pick a better one.

:bash

ILTIGRE
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu 16 Oct, 2014 11:10 pm

Post by ILTIGRE » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 9:48 pm

Im happy provided edwards doesnt make the team. Surely anyone in ISP woukd be better than him

User avatar
clifferdSH
Member
Member
Posts: 881
Joined: Fri 16 Sep, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by clifferdSH » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 9:50 pm

Woodsy on 360 said they had the day off today. So ivan hasn't even trained them yet, the team would've been picked by default

User avatar
Kip Drordy
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue 27 Dec, 2016 8:39 pm

Post by Kip Drordy » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 11:11 pm

Any 2 players could go better than the 2 wingers last week. Pathetic. And the sooner Idris is moved to the front row the better. No speed, cumbersome, absolutely no sideways movement but defence is solid in traffic. And Lawrence as a 2nd rower. That 'experiment' has expired

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 11055
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 11:31 pm

we'll see how that right side goes with the centre position changes.

Maybe with Cleary on board, players will pull their fingers out

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40749
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 05 Apr, 2017 12:48 am

willow wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 5:18 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 4:30 pm
fergiefurr wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 4:06 pm
Not really sure what people expected, he's barely been in the job 24 hours. I even heard him in an interview last night say he was going to play basically the same side as has been playing.
I expected pretty much the same side, he will give them all a chance.
Hopefully some changes arent too far off though
Can't really change too much. We have no standouts in the lower grades. This week is going to be a very ugly game to watch if you're a Tigers fan.
Pick a few Cowboys in your Fantasy / Supercoach players sides

You get excited then , me and EB got real excited in 2014 when I think either Wright or Winterstein scored 4 tries against us :lol:

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4393
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Wed 05 Apr, 2017 5:01 am

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 5:43 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 5:00 pm
Also... 2nd tier cap doesn't care if players are in winning forum or not
This forum needs the second tier cap rules sticked as the top thread. People seem to think every player contracted to Wests Tigers in any competition is eligible for NRL selection every week.
In all fairness, so did Mick Potter for a while.

But yep I find it very frustrating that people expect changes week to week. Not going to happen boys and girls. There was a reason why Sheens simply shuffled the deck chairs from week to week.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29326
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Wed 05 Apr, 2017 6:01 am

Tigerdave wrote:
Tue 04 Apr, 2017 11:31 pm
we'll see how that right side goes with the centre position changes.

Maybe with Cleary on board, players will pull their fingers out

They haven't swapped sides....
Wayne Train 2019..

andrew 474
Member
Member
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat 11 Jun, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by andrew 474 » Wed 05 Apr, 2017 7:54 am

Cleary doesn't have much options on changing players , be positive the team may just come out and do the impossible and beat them , horses when they change trainers usually come out and win there first race under the new changes , I'm Tipping us to win because we need to and I think they may lift under this guys coaching , Positive , positive , positive

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3569
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Wed 05 Apr, 2017 11:29 pm

Cant wait to watch Moses go around.

Post Reply