Im Proud

jirskyr

Re: Im Proud

Post by jirskyr » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 9:48 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 29 Apr, 2017 11:23 pm
It was men v boys for much of the game.... We hit it up and get pushed back- regularly

They hit it up and continue to make progress with our blokes struggling to stop them, they play the ball with our blokes still on the deck... Regularly

Hard to be proud of that
I really disagree.

Sharks were on top of us early, total opposites speed of the ruck, space out wide etc. But we held on and brought the momentum back to us, started making better tackle contact, better kicking. We got right on top and the scoreboard showed it.

Our second try was caused by a really strong defensive set, pinned Sharks, they got a poor kick that we returned into their half.

But then Woodsie off, Tedesco off, he had Edwards playing 80, our forwards rotation got tired, he was bringing on kids like Felise and forced to play two hookers at once. Sharks picked up their line speed. They were sloppy but they are an 80-min team Sharks, don't miss many tackles, lots of experience.

It's hard to make metres late in the game when your team gets afraid of throwing the ball wide and all you have left are the backrowers trying to make hitups, after your set starts 10-20 m out. Sharks had no fear of us doing anything special, they just rushed the hitups, nobody can make yardage off 1-outs when 4 defenders commit. Our kicking game went to pot, Sharks starting every set coming forward.

Sharks also knew they had nothing to fear from our RHS, Moses throwing crapola all game.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 9:51 am

Good post. The injury to Nofo really hurt our go forward as it meant we lost his ability to get us great starts to our set. Instead of starting from the 25, we were generally starting from the 10.
Last edited by southerntiger on Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 9:55 am

I honestly thought we played with heart and no Moses and we could have won that game.

Before the game I thought we had to play the 3 traitors but I'd like to drop the lot of them and start building for next year.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:08 am

southerntiger wrote:
Sun 30 Apr, 2017 9:51 am
Good post. The injury Nofo really hurt our go forward as it meant we lost his ability to get us great starts to our set. Instead of starting from the 25, we were generally starting from the 10.
Nofo was a massive loss last night
Poor bloke tried in the last 10mins hobbling from dummy half, i actually felt really sorry for him.
At the same token i hope he hasnt caused more damage to that knee

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 30 Apr, 2017 10:10 am

I'm just glad we have some recovery time
That game really drained the juice out of us
Imagine if we had to back up next friday . :(