am i the only one who thinks luis looks lost?

southerntiger

Re: am i the only one who thinks luis looks lost?

Post by southerntiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:51 pm

bradexl wrote:Its time to stop bagging lui, he was good again tonight and is a real talent. He will get better each game and Moltz will chime in beautifully with him from the back..Its exciting..
Thats my current opinion. I havent seen tonights game though. If Lui is talented as his form in NYC last year suggests, then I would love to find a way to play both Moltz and Lui in the side. The only logical way to do this is with Moltz at the back.

Tigerdazz

Post by Tigerdazz » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 9:56 pm

spaceman wrote:I have never seen him have a good game yet...by the time sheens picks moltz at 7 another season will be down the toilet
and going by tonights effort and bringing back the likes of fulton and fitzhenry my opinion we will again only be there to make up the numbers :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Did you watch the match ? Fulton would have been in anyones top 3. Him and Gibbs defensively saved us from Manly scoring more points....enabling the dramatic comeback. When the Tigers stopped trying to outmuscle the opposition , and actually started to outplay them , thats when the momentum shifted. If the game went another ten minutes we would have scored 2 or 3 more tries.

Junior Moors was my only real concern of the night , caught out of position and dubious handling let us down. He would be my only change to next weeks team.
" ...I speak French to my troops , Italian to my women,Spanish to God and German to my horse ! " Loius XVI Image

mattc78

Post by mattc78 » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:00 pm

southerntiger wrote:
bradexl wrote:Its time to stop bagging lui, he was good again tonight and is a real talent. He will get better each game and Moltz will chime in beautifully with him from the back..Its exciting..
Thats my current opinion. I havent seen tonights game though. If Lui is talented as his form in NYC last year suggests, then I would love to find a way to play both Moltz and Lui in the side. The only logical way to do this is with Moltz at the back.[/qu
Im really liking the idea of Lote playing fullback after tonights performance he seems safe under the high ball and is still really fast he would be a handfull for any opposition to contain when running the ball back, if Sheens does this which he has indicated and after tonights performance maybe sooner rather than later,where does this leave Moltzen,maybe at 7 with Lui in 14 this is how we could get moltz and Lui in the same squad this is a good dilema to have though!!

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:05 pm

Of course he is still fast. The guy is 30 (the prime age for sprinters) not 63.

the_scene

Post by the_scene » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:05 pm

Lui perfromed his role briliantly tonight. Didnt dominate, but doesnt have to. Showed some real touches of class.

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:06 pm

Lui was good tonight. Put in when the forwards didn't and was responsible for the shifts to Marshall for a couple of the breaks set up on the left. Can't believe people would complain about him. He has a colossal right boot too.

Once Tuiaki is back, we've got the most potent attacking backline in the competition.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:08 pm

Thats the key for me. If his kicking game is as good as people say I would definitely find a way for him to play. We have no other player with a sizable general play kicking game.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:08 pm

lets see moltzen becomes more active in the playmaking in the last 25 mins and we wack on 4 tries, a coincidence i think not

lui did nothing wrong tonight but he didnt do anything to drag us back into the game, as soon as moltzen became more involved and took over that right hand side we improved drastically

moltzen isnt a fullback, he dropped 3 bombs tonight that on any other night may have gone the other way for tries, the kid is a natural half and thats where he sould be.
"Just let the haters hate"

shout out to kul and the rest of the admin and mods

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:08 pm

Lui was solid for a half. Moltzen is a gun but unless he improves a lot is no fullback.

Fulton is a gun as well but he is still too small and when we need to bash it up he isn't up to it.

Fulton / Moltzen and Lui all deserve a spot in the team but I am unsure how to fit them all in.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:09 pm

Lui was much improved on last year in my opinion. I was not a fan but happy to see him retained after tonight.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:10 pm

TimmyB wrote:Lui was good tonight. Put in when the forwards didn't and was responsible for the shifts to Marshall for a couple of the breaks set up on the left. Can't believe people would complain about him. He has a colossal right boot too.

Once Tuiaki is back, we've got the most potent attacking backline in the competition.
i think lui should be at lock drop rhino, anyone would of thought chris put money on the sea eagles before tonights game

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:12 pm

I thought Lui was fine tonight, though in time I'd want him to get more involved. He has the best pass and perhaps the best long kick in the current squad. However, if I had to choose between Lui & Moltzen, I'd go Moltzen hands down at the mo.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

the_scene

Post by the_scene » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:13 pm

ron burgandy wrote:lets see moltzen becomes more active in the playmaking in the last 25 mins and we wack on 4 tries, a coincidence i think not
This is the very reason Sheens wants Moltzen at fullback. He injected himself brilliantly exactly when the time called for it, and you are using it as a reason to move him????

That said Moltz was extremley shaky under the high ball and out of place positionally, yet he did put his body on the line brilliantly to deny Farrar.

Illek

Post by Illek » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:14 pm

The knockers need to give it a break. Lui whilst not being man of the match played really well. He had a good long kicking game, great passing game and was extremely solid in defence. Some people need to stop their prejudice over sheens and certain players as they are unfairly judging them. Both him and Moltzen need to be in the team together as they are too talented to not be in first grade.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:15 pm

scene this is what has me shaking my head. Sheens picks Moltz at fullback because he favours a playmaking fullback and then people criticise it when its effective.

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:16 pm

Why are people rabbiting on about Moltzen being involved as a ball player? He got involved as a running FB ffs. For the first try, he made the extra man and for the second try he ran inside Marshall. How is that getting involved from half back?!

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:17 pm

ron burgandy wrote:
TimmyB wrote:Lui was good tonight. Put in when the forwards didn't and was responsible for the shifts to Marshall for a couple of the breaks set up on the left. Can't believe people would complain about him. He has a colossal right boot too.

i think lui should be at lock drop rhino, anyone would of thought chris put money on the sea eagles before tonights game
ron you have been saying all off-season that Lui cant tackle and now you want him to play lock? I cant figure you guys out.

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Mon 15 Mar, 2010 10:18 pm

the_scene wrote:
ron burgandy wrote:lets see moltzen becomes more active in the playmaking in the last 25 mins and we wack on 4 tries, a coincidence i think not
This is the very reason Sheens wants Moltzen at fullback. He injected himself brilliantly exactly when the time called for it, and you are using it as a reason to move him????

That said Moltz was extremley shaky under the high ball and out of place positionally, yet he did put his body on the line brilliantly to deny Farrar.

well he was great for 25 mins now imagine him there for 80 mins, hes the best half back option at this club, im not knocking lui, he played solid but at this point moltzen >>>>>lui as a halfback