Woods, overrated & slow

Demps

Woods, overrated & slow

Post by Demps » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:16 pm

This guy is a slob.
Big for nothing powder puff.

Runs like hes trying to appear in slow motion.
Cant wait to see this guy go, replaced with forwards who run hard with a purpose.

Instead of this slow motion track wreck.
Falls like a tree falling down in slow motion and gets up slowly to play the ball then fixes his hair.

There is not one more over rated prop in the game at present
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:20 pm

Honestly one of the most overrated players I have seen in watching the game for a long time. You have summed up Woods in that post completely accurately.

I don't understand how he makes any rep teams and gets offered a decent contract by any team in the comp.

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:22 pm

I was shouted down when I brought it up almost 2 seasons back... Once you take off the black, orange and white glasses, and disregard the supercoach stats, you quickly realise that he is nothing more than a high workrate anchor. He is honestly dominated in all contact whether it be offensive or defensive, and grinds any momentum we have to a halt with his runs the majority of the time.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:25 pm

Hes the 2k17 version of ben creagh in origin.
Absolutely pitiful player and person.

Seriously the softest forward in the comp.
Needs to get Coen Hess'd.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:25 pm

He'll fit right in with the dogs fat pack ...
Good riddance .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:31 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:22 pm
He is honestly dominated in all contact whether it be offensive or defensive, and grinds any momentum we have to a halt with his runs the majority of the time.
Which of our current props has less impact. Sue, Grant, Felise, ET (even though he is more of a worker lock forward), Aloiai and Ava. I think the only player comparable to Woods in relation to impact is ET and possibly Felise. ET offers a lot more than Woods though in relation to ball playing, defence and quality minutes.

I reckon taking him out of our team makes us a better team.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:31 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
I was shouted down when I brought it up almost 2 seasons back... Once you take off the black, orange and white glasses, and disregard the supercoach stats, you quickly realise that he is nothing more than a high workrate anchor. He is honestly dominated in all contact whether it be offensive or defensive, and grinds any momentum we have to a halt with his runs the majority of the time.
I was as well, some who used to get very upset also bag him now LOL. People always point to his stats but he is one player whose stats tell a totally different story to reality. He is a big body with impressive stats who virtually never positively impacts a game of football.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:37 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
High work rate anchor... Good description, he's been a stats player with poor defence and a gearbox stuck in R

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:55 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:37 pm
Black'n'White wrote:
High work rate anchor... Good description, he's been a stats player with poor defence and a gearbox stuck in R
The gearbox stuck in R is an even better description, as over the past two or so years he has developed the show them his arse and dance with them before having a lie down routine, which is now perfected. Despite calling him out for his slow play the ball for a long time, I thought his performances in SOO a few years ago put him with the best front rowers in the game. Those thoughts were short lived as it was a peak from which he has descended.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 6:57 pm

Stat padder is a good description
No more plodders!
:sign:

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:04 pm

My friend calls him a big pillow
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:11 pm

His biggest problem is he wants to stand in tackles and he allows the apposition to hold him up which lets the defensive line get set, I'd hate to take a carry after him you'd be running into a brick wall, no wonder his stats look better than everyone else's.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:18 pm

I'm getting pretty sick of his ill thought out offloads that send us 5m backwards and kill off momentum.

kingbrooks

Post by kingbrooks » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:28 pm

Overated yes
Slow yes

But Honestly, the guy plays in a forward pack where half of the forwards don't want to run the ball. He lacks anyone around him.

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:33 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:11 pm
His biggest problem is he wants to stand in tackles and he allows the apposition to hold him up which lets the defensive line get set, I'd hate to take a carry after him you'd be running into a brick wall, no wonder his stats look better than everyone else's.
I agree with all of that, i think defences know how to nullify him now anyway let him stand waste some time he doesnt get quick play the balls anyway. Even if he does he tries to milk penalties that rarely eventuate. Stats dont always back themselves up, for the money he was asking i think we have better in Packer and Matulino vs Woods and Ava.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:38 pm

Setting myself up for a fall here, but I disagree

He is a very good prop and deservedly wins rep honours.

Does he sometimes go for metres after contact at the expense of a quick play the ball? Sometimes, yes.

Is he worth a million bucks? No.

Will he perform well in another team that has more than one good forward? Yes.

I think him and Packer next year would have killed it.

But overall I'm not that upset that we lose him because I trust the new management is going to assign the right $ to the right positions

Earl

Post by Earl » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:39 pm

kingbrooks wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:28 pm
Overated yes
Slow yes

But Honestly, the guy plays in a forward pack where half of the forwards don't want to run the ball. He lacks anyone around him.
I don't believe this at all. Ava, Grant, Sue and Felise all hit it up. I honestly think he is our worst middle forward. I think our packs problem is our marquee forward isn't a marquee forward at all.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 7:40 pm

He's regressed dramatically over the last 3 or 4 years. We won't know ourselves with Mats and Packer next season.