Cleary...

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Re: Cleary...

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:35 pm

Surely we will see a new game plan next week with Tedesco out... Hopefully?!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017


User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1980
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:37 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:35 pm
Surely we will see a new game plan next week with Tedesco out... Hopefully?!
Pass it to............

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:38 pm

He hasn't really changed what Taylor was doing. Set starts on the right, forward takes it to near post. Then middle forward tips ball onto another forward to hit just outside far post. Then bring the ball back. Most teams hit the middle then play the numbers on whatever side looks the best option. But we hit near post, then waste a tackle and hit far post, then come back to the open side for a predictable play. Set comes to a holt, so we take 2 tackles to get the same field postion again then its last tackle. We have 4 tackles a set that are purely used to get us to a certain spot to put a play on. Its embarrassing.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Champs05
Member
Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu 04 Oct, 2012 12:03 am

Post by Champs05 » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:38 pm

We do not have any leaders on field. No direction. No kicking game. Put Thurston, Cronk or Smith in that team and the performances would be totally different.Its not about coaching, its about the cattle.

WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 3845
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:39 pm

Sums it up perfectly
No more plodders!
:sign:


User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2937
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:39 pm

You cant polish a turd

Champs05
Member
Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu 04 Oct, 2012 12:03 am

Post by Champs05 » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:40 pm

wt00 wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:39 pm
Sums it up perfectly
Gold!

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2937
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:42 pm

Was that when we dropped it on the first 10 out?

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22409
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:46 pm

ku5tom wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:42 pm
Was that when we dropped it on the first 10 out?
Was that JLJ?

Champs05
Member
Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu 04 Oct, 2012 12:03 am

Post by Champs05 » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:47 pm

When Kev just looked at Furgo catch & score.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5132
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:49 pm

Interesting thread ..I have been very disappointed with the slide the team seems to be on under Cleary ,will say up front I have never been a great fan of Cleary as a coach .
IMO the team should be playing better structured footy than they are ,it seems to me that the season is shot and all the energy around the place and emphasis is being put into next season .i hope with the new team the coach will have next season it will be all good ,but ATM i am a bit concerned if Cleary was the right appointment!

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue 02 May, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by FreddyK » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:52 pm

11 more painful rounds and on July 2 we play the Knights - battle for the wooden spoon.

Steve k
Member
Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri 21 Apr, 2017 10:04 am

Post by Steve k » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:54 pm

Realistically apart from woods and Tedesco no other player would make first grade in the top ten teams, we are rubbish.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:54 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:38 pm
He hasn't really changed what Taylor was doing. Set starts on the right, forward takes it to near post. Then middle forward tips ball onto another forward to hit just outside far post. Then bring the ball back. Most teams hit the middle then play the numbers on whatever side looks the best option. But we hit near post, then waste a tackle and hit far post, then come back to the open side for a predictable play. Set comes to a holt, so we take 2 tackles to get the same field postion again then its last tackle. We have 4 tackles a set that are purely used to get us to a certain spot to put a play on. Its embarrassing.
agreed... people can keep throwing up excuses about stock/recruitment for 2018, but we are seeing nothing different in the actual tactics out there after 3 months.

If Ivan Cleary is the messiah our fans think he will be, I figured we would see something different week to week by now?!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Champs05
Member
Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu 04 Oct, 2012 12:03 am

Post by Champs05 » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:55 pm

Snake wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:49 pm
Interesting thread ..I have been very disappointed with the slide the team seems to be on under Cleary ,will say up front I have never been a great fan of Cleary as a coach .
IMO the team should be playing better structured footy than they are ,it seems to me that the season is shot and all the energy around the place and emphasis is being put into next season .i hope with the new team the coach will have next season it will be all good ,but ATM i am a bit concerned if Cleary was the right appointment!
Agree. Lets hope.

User avatar
NZTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 773
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 8:01 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Post by NZTiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:55 pm

wt00 wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:39 pm
Sums it up perfectly
haha bloke with glasses at the back; "ok yep...that's another tick in the unforced errors column"
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
Image
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3353
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:59 pm

Snake wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:49 pm
Interesting thread ..I have been very disappointed with the slide the team seems to be on under Cleary ,will say up front I have never been a great fan of Cleary as a coach .
IMO the team should be playing better structured footy than they are ,it seems to me that the season is shot and all the energy around the place and emphasis is being put into next season .i hope with the new team the coach will have next season it will be all good ,but ATM i am a bit concerned if Cleary was the right appointment!
Give him time Snake at the moment he is trying to work with the rubbish JT assembled over 3 years.We have no depth in the club at all.Hopefully most of these imposters he has inherited will be shown the door by the end of the year.
I really cant see a slide under Cleary ,we are hanging tougher than we used to.For 50 mins today we where in the game.This year is a complete write off and to be honest this is pretty much what i expected i cant blame Cleary for this just rhe people who assembled a "park" football team

rialto
Member
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri 04 Sep, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by rialto » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 9:02 pm

Snake wrote:
Sun 11 Jun, 2017 8:49 pm
Interesting thread ..I have been very disappointed with the slide the team seems to be on under Cleary ,will say up front I have never been a great fan of Cleary as a coach .
IMO the team should be playing better structured footy than they are ,it seems to me that the season is shot and all the energy around the place and emphasis is being put into next season .i hope with the new team the coach will have next season it will be all good ,but ATM i am a bit concerned if Cleary was the right appointment!
x2
Makes last seasons one point short of finals look good !!

Post Reply