Eisenhuth to Debut...

  •  Recent Topics
User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 999
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm

Re: Eisenhuth to Debut...

Post by sideline eye » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:50 pm

That inside pass to Taylor probably cost us the game but I guess that's just enthusiasm from a first timer. Overall he was really good and didn't look out of place at all. I hope he gets some more games and eventually becomes a regular first grader.

Just shows that we don't need to buy in the whole team for next year.


hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10150
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:53 pm

The kid did well tonight , I was impressed with his effort . Much better than that hack Lovett.
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:00 pm

His work rate and mobility improved our defence noticeably when he came on. Even Sharks' supporters were speaking of him in glowing terms.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:00 pm

Earl wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:47 pm
Sirro you kill me. ET killed them at lock today. We could play two locks but I think why not just play our best lock and basically our best player at lock. ET to lock and build a team around him.
I actually think Elijah will be a better attacking player for us on the edge. He is getting lost, caught between ball playing and running and even organising. Eisenhuth nearly made 200 metres on debut and looked our most confident player. If he can play like that he has to be in the side, and having him as our 3rd middle player would transform our pack. Woods, Ava and Matt taking us forward would free ET up on the edge. Cleary has been shuffling the defensive line with the lock switching to the edge some sets, so basicslly Elijah would have the same role defensively, but a more suitable role in attack. Thats my take on it anyway.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 3821
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:01 pm

Hopefully more games from Matt and less games from lovett/MCK. Solid debut.
No more plodders!
:sign:


User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:04 pm

Yikes that was a hell of a debut. He has a huuuuuge engine. Permanent starter imo.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1999
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:06 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:00 pm
Earl wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:47 pm
Sirro you kill me. ET killed them at lock today. We could play two locks but I think why not just play our best lock and basically our best player at lock. ET to lock and build a team around him.
I actually think Elijah will be a better attacking player for us on the edge. He is getting lost, caught between ball playing and running and even organising. Eisenhuth nearly made 200 metres on debut and looked our most confident player. If he can play like that he has to be in the side, and having him as our 3rd middle player would transform our pack. Woods, Ava and Matt taking us forward would free ET up on the edge. Cleary has been shuffling the defensive line with the lock switching to the edge some sets, so basicslly Elijah would have the same role defensively, but a more suitable role in attack. Thats my take on it anyway.
Maybe you are right. The thing is ET is basically our best player. I think the team needs to be built around him. Our halves and even Tedesco don't have the same smarts as ET. I think based on that you play him at lock and just get a bunch of guys around him who do their jobs really well.

User avatar
shakey4d
Member
Member
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon 16 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by shakey4d » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:06 pm

Could he play backrow or better suited to prop/lock?

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:10 pm

shakey4d wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:06 pm
Could he play backrow or better suited to prop/lock?
Second row definitely. He is extremely mobile and the speed of our defensive line improved when he was on the field. He covered for Sue's defensive deficiencies. Sue has this habit of taking a wide arc when running back into the defensive line meaning on some occasions he is not ready for the quick play the ball or still has his back turned. I was shocked when watching it live.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1999
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:12 pm

shakey4d wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:06 pm
Could he play backrow or better suited to prop/lock?
I think he is heaps better in the middle.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8152
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:14 pm

Theres another esienhuth floating around Penrith, named Tom.
Centre / second row.
Any relation?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10150
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:15 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:14 pm
Theres another esienhuth floating around Penrith, named Tom.
Centre / second row.
Any relation?
No relation mate
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29300
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:23 pm

Did more than enough to keep his spot...Well done Matt..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3223
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:36 pm

Looked good
Better than Grant IMO

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3223
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:39 pm

The_Doc wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:42 pm
Had a good game blighted by that dumb pass to Taylor, done more than enough to see off Lovett and Chee Kam.
I dont think it was a dumb pass
Taylor dropped it after catching it, pass didnt go to ground from Matt

If that sticks that potentially is another try assist if not at least a great attacking set

The_Doc
Member
Member
Posts: 948
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 11:18 am
Location: Central Coast

Post by The_Doc » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:48 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:39 pm
The_Doc wrote:
Sat 17 Jun, 2017 9:42 pm
Had a good game blighted by that dumb pass to Taylor, done more than enough to see off Lovett and Chee Kam.
I dont think it was a dumb pass
Taylor dropped it after catching it, pass didnt go to ground from Matt

If that sticks that potentially is another try assist if not at least a great attacking set
It was extremely dumb at that stage of the game, that's when you tuck it under your wing and take the hit up. But he's inexperienced at that level Sue tried to pop an even worse ball at an equally bad time which IMO was worse but mistakes like that cost us the game in the end.

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3486
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 10:57 pm

That was one hell of a debut, and although he probably shouldn't have attempted that pass at that stage of the game I have to give him credit for having the confidence in his ability to try it, especially on debut.
Surely he's earned himself a spot in the team after that.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 11:04 pm

Good game on debut. If he can show that form consistently than he is a definite keeper for next year.

Post Reply