•  Recent Topics
Chicken Faced Killa

Re: Worst refs ever

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:06 am

gallagher wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:59 am
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:50 am
Why was the MWZ no try a penalty and not a scrum? Did anyone else think it was accidental offside?
I assumed they called it a two man strip.
He picked it up. Accidental offside is when it bounces into you

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:09 am

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:06 am
gallagher wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:59 am
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:50 am
Why was the MWZ no try a penalty and not a scrum? Did anyone else think it was accidental offside?
I assumed they called it a two man strip.
He picked it up. Accidental offside is when it bounces into you
Ah right. Cheers.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:18 am

refs have no impact on a game when we get belted like against the roosters. as bad as we were last night, the titans werent any better. the referees DID have an impact. if a few of the 50/50 calls went our way we could very well have won that. the titans only played well for a 15 minute period in the second half where they got a few handy calls from the refs that put them in great position. momentum is everything in todays game.

last week the capewell try went up as no try and last night the MWZ try went up as a try. now i believe both ended up being the right calls but you could easily argue that there wasnt 100% enough evidence to overturn them. imagine we were playing the broncos, capewell was suli and MWZ was kahu. does anybody honestly believe they get over turned in that instance? not in a million years.

however what isnt the referees fault is the way we respond to bad calls. we need to be a good enough side that we dont allow a few bad calls to massivley swing the game away from us like it does now. its true that the perceived 'poor teams' get the dud calls, its been that way forever and its upto us to get ourselves out of that category so that the tight calls start going our way.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 12:08 pm

Cant ever remember getting the rub of the green from Badger. Both fox and Nine made comments that we were getting the rough end of the pineapple at half time and you know things must be bad if nine ever bag a ref.

Sadly when your on the bottom your a very soft target for refs, the media and the NRL. Only one way to fix the situation..start winning games and crap refs like Bagder might start giving us some respect

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 12:23 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:05 pm
Having reffed the game a feel they get a bad wrap. A couple of bad calls but that happens. The nofoa knock on for example Badger took the call from the touch judge and could chance it even if he wanted to. They make calls in a split second and no ref goes into a game to ruin it with dud calls
I assume that you are referring to the kick that the Titans got a hand to. That was a huge call and one which the bunker can and should have overruled on. It allowed them additional possession which enabled them to get back on top and tired us for later in the half.

Spook

Post by Spook » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 12:46 pm

Not sure if that pass to the touch judge was purely a bad pass, or the player just saw the black/red? orange? figure in his peripheral vision. The officials once wore white or green or red so they were completely dissimilar to the two teams. Common sense seems to have gone out the window in so many aspects of the game.

barra

Post by barra » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 2:21 pm

True that the better teams get more calls going their way. I believe this is a sub-conscious thing with refs (and probably made a lot worse by the use of 'tip sheets').

But it's also true that the worse a team plays, the more they are affected by the bad calls.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 9:01 pm

It would be more productive to focus on the things we can change....like try and force a repeat set. But I feel the sentiments of the op.....wake me up when this nightmare is over.

Bengaliwolf

Post by Bengaliwolf » Mon 26 Jun, 2017 7:21 am

Spook wrote:
Sat 24 Jun, 2017 12:46 pm
Not sure if that pass to the touch judge was purely a bad pass, or the player just saw the black/red? orange? figure in his peripheral vision. The officials once wore white or green or red so they were completely dissimilar to the two teams. Common sense seems to have gone out the window in so many aspects of the game.
I was at the game and watching Lolohea warm up and he made exactly the same pass over the sideline past a line of players when he was warming up. I think the guy lacks the execution but hopefully when he's at fullback he won't have to make those plays.