Cleary u got what u deserved.

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3256
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: Cleary u got what u deserved.

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 1:28 pm

Who did people want Cleary to select as backup hooker if not JLJ??

And how can Cleary be to blame for having such a woefully inept squad to select from? That is JT's fault. He put together this squad. Not Cleary. Next season is an entirely different matter...


User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29650
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 1:34 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 12:47 pm
Tigersmurf wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:54 am
Is that a fair distinction? We got flogged by Penrith in our last game of 2005 too if I recall.

I really enjoyed the game yesterday too as everyone had a dig. Woods would be the player I am most critical of, as he should know better than to throw a pass in our own end late in the game.

We should have got the conversion and we should have got the field goal, we had all the time in the world in both instances. Sometimes it is just not meant to be but the team should be more resilient for it next year.
Disagree with this. The off load was on; it was a clean off load; Woods did everything right on this occasion by creating the 2nd phase. The Dill catching the ball was 100% at fault if he wants to be an NRL Player.

The fact JLJ was in the squad is a concern for 2018. Obviously McIilwrick cant play 80min rendering us to having to play a 2nd DH option. This concerns me moving forward more than a 1 point loss.
Don't think there is a need to worry about JLJ being in the squad for next year...Cleary will have an Easts Tiger in Robbie Rochow to call on...

This time 'next year' will be pumped for the 'next year'///
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5164
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 1:38 pm

Balmainbred wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:12 pm
:brick: :bash :crazy if brooks is a 1st grade half back then I'm a astronaught
Are you Yuri Gagarin or John Glen?

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5164
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 1:40 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:16 pm
The missed goal kick from a supposed first grader was disgusting ...a blind man would've kicked that .
Yep, he is the only one that has ever done that.

By the way a blind man wouldn't know where the ball was to be able to kick it!

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 1:54 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 1:34 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 12:47 pm
Tigersmurf wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:54 am
Is that a fair distinction? We got flogged by Penrith in our last game of 2005 too if I recall.

I really enjoyed the game yesterday too as everyone had a dig. Woods would be the player I am most critical of, as he should know better than to throw a pass in our own end late in the game.

We should have got the conversion and we should have got the field goal, we had all the time in the world in both instances. Sometimes it is just not meant to be but the team should be more resilient for it next year.
Disagree with this. The off load was on; it was a clean off load; Woods did everything right on this occasion by creating the 2nd phase. The Dill catching the ball was 100% at fault if he wants to be an NRL Player.

The fact JLJ was in the squad is a concern for 2018. Obviously McIilwrick cant play 80min rendering us to having to play a 2nd DH option. This concerns me moving forward more than a 1 point loss.
Don't think there is a need to worry about JLJ being in the squad for next year...Cleary will have an Easts Tiger in Robbie Rochow to call on...

This time 'next year' will be pumped for the 'next year'///
Not worried about JLJ, moreso we dont have an 80min DH.

Yes, Next Year... The Year That Never Comes!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017


User avatar
kh_canada
Member
Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue 12 Jun, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kh_canada » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 2:49 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 1:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 1:34 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 12:47 pm
Tigersmurf wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:54 am
Is that a fair distinction? We got flogged by Penrith in our last game of 2005 too if I recall.

I really enjoyed the game yesterday too as everyone had a dig. Woods would be the player I am most critical of, as he should know better than to throw a pass in our own end late in the game.

We should have got the conversion and we should have got the field goal, we had all the time in the world in both instances. Sometimes it is just not meant to be but the team should be more resilient for it next year.
Disagree with this. The off load was on; it was a clean off load; Woods did everything right on this occasion by creating the 2nd phase. The Dill catching the ball was 100% at fault if he wants to be an NRL Player.

The fact JLJ was in the squad is a concern for 2018. Obviously McIilwrick cant play 80min rendering us to having to play a 2nd DH option. This concerns me moving forward more than a 1 point loss.
Don't think there is a need to worry about JLJ being in the squad for next year...Cleary will have an Easts Tiger in Robbie Rochow to call on...

This time 'next year' will be pumped for the 'next year'///
Not worried about JLJ, moreso we dont have an 80min DH.

Yes, Next Year... The Year That Never Comes!
Well we do - Liddle.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2020
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 3:13 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:04 am
magpiecol wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:19 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:32 am
I enjoyed the game yesterday and although we did get beaten by a single point,there was a marked improvement in player attitude... Most on here single out individuals to blame and shame,Ivan had very little to choose from to replace the injured, JLJ is the whipping boy everytime he plays,however he is all Ivan really had to use in replacing MM,he is a utility player of ISP quality,you can only use what you've got..
What beat our team yesterday was I'll discipline and immaturity...but that also comes from being a young team still learning the hard lessons of NRL..If most on here can't see that this team is slowly progressing in the right direction under Ivan's coaching,then they are very hard to please,I said in my opening that I enjoyed the game along with Gould and others who said it was an entertaining game...good to see 30,000 fans at the game as well..
:master: :master:
Well Col,I say how I see it,the team is young and most are inexperienced at this level...they will learn,Ivan is the coach to take them to the next level...if people can't see the improvement in this team although very slowly,then they are blind..youth is a wonderful thing,its how you developed and educate them to be a success at this level is the key..
As for people bagging Ivan at this early stage of his tenure are absolutely being negative for the sake of being negative as with the new recruits next year give Ivan a chance to hone this team into a competitive unit,this year all Ivan has done is clean up a huge mess and get some stability and order in the joint...the squad and Ivan have my true support,I'm looking forward to next year and the rest of this season...a win is not to far off....
Great post. Cleary deserves a couple of years to see if he can develop a good team. So far I'm really impressed with him.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2020
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 3:17 pm

05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:40 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:24 pm
05TIGZ wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 8:24 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:10 pm
Startting to become evident that JT wasn't the problem.
I'm starting to think you actually enjoy the team losing just so you can keep going on about JT. We lost by 1 point to a team firmly in the top 8. We almost beat manly last week and they were coming 4th. We are blooding some great youngsters in marsters, twal and eisenhuth. Funny how you used to give it to the supporters because you thought they wanted a loss so they can get rid of JT. Your just as bad. Move on, JT is gone, was never a good coach and how about you get behind the team and move on from your JT obsession.
I have no issue with Cleary, actually I'm a big fan. But if Taylor was the problem, why have we only won 3 games since he was sacked?
You are so clouded by your obsession with JT that there is no point in arguing with you. If you are a supporter of the tigers then you would be very happy with the direction the club is going and the improvements we have made,particularly in the last 3 weeks. JT is at the roosters , and I'm sure they would love supporters like you to go across there.
They might even get into double figures when it comes to supporters if that happened.

05TIGZ
Member
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by 05TIGZ » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 3:26 pm

Earl wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 3:13 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:04 am
magpiecol wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:19 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:32 am
I enjoyed the game yesterday and although we did get beaten by a single point,there was a marked improvement in player attitude... Most on here single out individuals to blame and shame,Ivan had very little to choose from to replace the injured, JLJ is the whipping boy everytime he plays,however he is all Ivan really had to use in replacing MM,he is a utility player of ISP quality,you can only use what you've got..
What beat our team yesterday was I'll discipline and immaturity...but that also comes from being a young team still learning the hard lessons of NRL..If most on here can't see that this team is slowly progressing in the right direction under Ivan's coaching,then they are very hard to please,I said in my opening that I enjoyed the game along with Gould and others who said it was an entertaining game...good to see 30,000 fans at the game as well..
:master: :master:
Well Col,I say how I see it,the team is young and most are inexperienced at this level...they will learn,Ivan is the coach to take them to the next level...if people can't see the improvement in this team although very slowly,then they are blind..youth is a wonderful thing,its how you developed and educate them to be a success at this level is the key..
As for people bagging Ivan at this early stage of his tenure are absolutely being negative for the sake of being negative as with the new recruits next year give Ivan a chance to hone this team into a competitive unit,this year all Ivan has done is clean up a huge mess and get some stability and order in the joint...the squad and Ivan have my true support,I'm looking forward to next year and the rest of this season...a win is not to far off....
Great post. Cleary deserves a couple of years to see if he can develop a good team. So far I'm really impressed with him.
Funny how the guys that were willing to give JT 3 years are up in arms with Cleary after 3 months. Team is developing nicely, youngsters are getting experience and our back up will come next year. Go the mighty tigers!!!

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1988
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 3:26 pm

cktiger wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 10:29 pm
His biggest mistake was flicking Moses. Anyone without ridiculous hatred of him can see he is a class player ...and better than anything we have at the moment.
I agree he is a class player. But his deliberate tanking of 2 games demonstrated his mental attitude. Also his huge dummy spit reflected that he sees himself as the most important person in the team. He reminds me of Hayne - huge talent but soft mentally and all about himself. Whilst I think his talent will show occasionally, I think his mental softness and selfishness will stop him from being the champion his raw talent probably suggests he could be. I might be proven wrong but you watch what happens when it gets tough, tight and intense in big games - he will disappear because he doesn't have the mental toughness nor the 'give at all costs' attitude to be the player others want to play with. He won't stand up in the tight moments. Just my opinion!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1988
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 3:29 pm

Knuckles wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:58 pm
JLJ ...... he's an embarrassment ..... who was the brilliant talent scout that signed him up .... could it have been the great Warren Mc ??
Warren McDonnell is to recruitment what his son was to fullbacks
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

05TIGZ
Member
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by 05TIGZ » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 3:31 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:18 am
05TIGZ wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 8:40 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:24 pm
05TIGZ wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 8:24 pm


I'm starting to think you actually enjoy the team losing just so you can keep going on about JT. We lost by 1 point to a team firmly in the top 8. We almost beat manly last week and they were coming 4th. We are blooding some great youngsters in marsters, twal and eisenhuth. Funny how you used to give it to the supporters because you thought they wanted a loss so they can get rid of JT. Your just as bad. Move on, JT is gone, was never a good coach and how about you get behind the team and move on from your JT obsession.
I have no issue with Cleary, actually I'm a big fan. But if Taylor was the problem, why have we only won 3 games since he was sacked?
You are so clouded by your obsession with JT that there is no point in arguing with you. If you are a supporter of the tigers then you would be very happy with the direction the club is going and the improvements we have made,particularly in the last 3 weeks. JT is at the roosters , and I'm sure they would love supporters like you to go across there.
You're the one who is obsessed with JT. If you weren't so obbssessed with JT yourself, you'd know my comment wasn't a dig at Cleary, but the playing roster. Now please, stop following me around like a little lost puppy. I am not interested.
I'm obsessed with JT???? Lol lol lol

Tigers lose by a point to a top 8 team and all you want to talk about is JT. It's your own quote. You can't be a fan boy and a tigers supporter you need to choose one. Must be so hard to let go.

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1426
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 3:33 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:51 am
I must admit I thought this would have been about the game plan (taking the 2 points instead of trying to score a try). It was a bit too defensive minded for mine.
If Kevin had held on to the ball instead of letting it be stripped from his grasp, we win and win quite comfortably - those goals were fine by me.

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by upthetigers » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 3:38 pm

yeti wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 3:33 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:51 am
I must admit I thought this would have been about the game plan (taking the 2 points instead of trying to score a try). It was a bit too defensive minded for mine.
If Kevin had held on to the ball instead of letting it be stripped from his grasp, we win and win quite comfortably - those goals were fine by me.
Win comfortably? Lol the better team won Parra blew a few chances.

TigerSJ
Member
Member
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 4:21 pm

Come on guys...what were you watching? If you take the orange and black glasses off for a minute you would have to admit that Parra were better than us for most of the game. They made enough errors to allow us to stay in the match. Their attack was far superior to ours and their players individually outperformed ours on virtually every position on the field. Of course they did, and so they should because their roster is stronger than ours - Norman, Jennings, Radradra, Gutherson etc behind their pack of forwards. What do you expect - I would say that they really should have won buy 13+. It is a shame that we can't quite make the right choices or control the dumb errors in a game where the opposition aren't at their best and we have a chance at snatching a win.

User avatar
hugh1954
Member
Member
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri 17 May, 2013 10:10 pm
Location: Maitland

Post by hugh1954 » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 4:23 pm

Cant believe the game management by our team, wish we had a Cam Smith or anyone with any Brains. Hope Cleary has a back up for Brooks next year because i don't see him having the ability to take charge of a team. I do like how Ivan has them playing with some pride in the score.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6428
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 4:30 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:09 pm
Balmainbred wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:12 pm
:brick: :bash :crazy if brooks is a 1st grade half back then I'm a astronaught
Brooks is a gifted footballer who is still only 22 years of age. Comprehend that if your capable.
Also some spelling lessons wouldn't go astray either.
Nathan Cleary is 19 with 33 NRL games to his name, Brooks is 22 with 77 games to his name, Brooks is not fit to lace Cleary's boots, Cleary is leading Penrith to some great wins, Brooks couldn't lead his dog to it's tucker bowl.
Last edited by 851 on Mon 24 Jul, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go hard or go home

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5324
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 4:32 pm

JLJ Reminds me of the cricketer Matt Elliott -

Smashed the house down in Sheffield Shield Averaging something like 150.
Test level was awful.

JLJ is awful in First Grade.
Image

Post Reply