Player stats from today

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33159
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Player stats from today

Post by willow » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:32 pm

1. Tedesco - 159 metres in attack, 1 try, 1 line break, 5 tackles, 3 missed tackles

2. Nofoaluma - 193 metres in attack, 4 tackles, 2 missed tackles

3. Marsters - 73 metres in attack, 1 line break, 14 tackles

4. Naiqama - 66 metres in attack, 15 tackles, 1 missed tackle

5. MWZ - 81 metres in attack, 1 try, 7 tackles, 1 missed tackle

6. Lolohea - 29 metres in attack, 1 try assist, 4 goals, 15 tackles, 3 missed tackles

7. Brooks - 54 metres in attack, 12 tackles, 6 missed tackles

8. Woods (57 minutes) - 166 metres in attack, 21 tackles, 1 missed tackle

9. McIlwrick (64 minutes) - 42 metres in attack, 32 tackles, 3 missed tackles

17. Grant (41 minutes) - 64 metres in attack, 12 tackles, 1 missed tackle

14. Eisenhuth (70 minutes) - 104 metres in attack, 39 tackles, 3 missed tackles

20. Lovett (35 minutes) - 30 metres in attack, 11 tackles, 1 missed tackle

13. Taylor (80 minutes) - 41 metres in attack, 37 tackles, 4 missed tackles

10. Seumanufagai (33 minutes) - 64 metres in attack, 23 tackles, 1 missed tackle

15. Twal (43 minutes) - 106 metres in attack, 28 tackles, 1 missed tackle

16. Chee-Kam (46 minutes) - 104 metres in attack, 21 tackles, 2 missed tackles

19. JLJ (17 minutes) - 8 metres in attack, 13 tackles, 2 missed tackles


Possession - 48% to the Tigers
Completion rate - 83%
All run metres - 1382 compared to 1718
Line breaks - 2 to 9 in favor of the Eels
Offloads - 15 to 14 (Tigers)
Tackles - 309
Missed tackles - 35
Errors - 9 (Eels 17)


User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 11071
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 6:38 pm

Lovett is fairly useless, but Chee Kam, Twal and Eisenhuth made some good metres, Twal and Eisenhuth have nicely cemented spots

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:12 pm

I like Eisenhuth but i think Twal has shown he is ahead of him for next year.

We need more then 106 metres out of a middle player who plays 70 minutes.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33159
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:16 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:12 pm
I like Eisenhuth but i think Twal has shown he is ahead of him for next year.

We need more then 106 metres out of a middle player who plays 70 minutes.
I think there's definitely room for both. Eisenhuth is a good defender, not many get past him once he gets a hand on them.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2045
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:31 pm

They are both good players. Look at Nofo's stats as well. He can't defend on the wing consistently but geez he does a lot of work for us.


User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9800
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:47 pm

Talk about your lifters and your leaners!

The Old Fox
Member
Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun 09 Jul, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by The Old Fox » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:57 pm

willow wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:16 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:12 pm
I like Eisenhuth but i think Twal has shown he is ahead of him for next year.

We need more then 106 metres out of a middle player who plays 70 minutes.
I think there's definitely room for both. Eisenhuth is a good defender, not many get past him once he gets a hand on them.
He topped the tackle count with 39 and ran 68 metres more than Taylor who played 10 minutes more and only missed 1 tackle..pretty good job today he gave plenty IMO. I'm not that worried about his metres today.

weststigerman
Member
Member
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by weststigerman » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 8:01 pm

Chee Kam made good metres and made some good plays but I swear every game he has at least one brain explosion play. It's got to the point where I'm nervous every time he has the ball.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2808
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:05 pm

weststigerman wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 8:01 pm
Chee Kam made good metres and made some good plays but I swear every game he has at least one brain explosion play. It's got to the point where I'm nervous every time he has the ball.
Just praised him and "bang" - head in hands moment.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:12 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:12 pm
I like Eisenhuth but i think Twal has shown he is ahead of him for next year.

We need more then 106 metres out of a middle player who plays 70 minutes.
Only did 11 hits up as did Twal. So metres per hit up roughly the same.

Given Eisenhuth is a willing worker, I don't think his lack of runs was because he didnt put his hand. More likely because we play too much through one forward.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29861
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:16 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:12 pm
I like Eisenhuth but i think Twal has shown he is ahead of him for next year.

We need more then 106 metres out of a middle player who plays 70 minutes.
13. Taylor (80 minutes) - 41 metres in attack, 37 tackles, 4 missed tackles

This is why I'm not a fan of Taylor on an edge....people bemoan the lack of impact on our edges...I just don't believe he is effective there..When he was in the middle his metres were roughly the same but he gave more of a ball playing option as well as slowing the ruck in defence...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:22 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:16 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:12 pm
I like Eisenhuth but i think Twal has shown he is ahead of him for next year.

We need more then 106 metres out of a middle player who plays 70 minutes.
13. Taylor (80 minutes) - 41 metres in attack, 37 tackles, 4 missed tackles

This is why I'm not a fan of Taylor on an edge....people bemoan the lack of impact on our edges...I just don't believe he is effective there..When he was in the middle his metres were roughly the same but he gave more of a ball playing option as well as slowing the ruck in defence...
Have to disagree. Having those same metres as a middle player we struggled. I dont think its a coincidence that we have been more competitive with him on an edge.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5230
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:26 pm

20. Lovett (35 minutes) - 30 metres in attack, 11 tackles, 1 missed tackle

This guy is a joke.

We would be better playing with 12 men on the field than playing Lovett.

I have been watching RL for just on 68 years and I have never seen a more useless second rower in all that time.

He should give us a break and retire - go up to Byron and sniff himself to death.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2045
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:34 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:16 pm
king sirro wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 7:12 pm
I like Eisenhuth but i think Twal has shown he is ahead of him for next year.

We need more then 106 metres out of a middle player who plays 70 minutes.
13. Taylor (80 minutes) - 41 metres in attack, 37 tackles, 4 missed tackles

This is why I'm not a fan of Taylor on an edge....people bemoan the lack of impact on our edges...I just don't believe he is effective there..When he was in the middle his metres were roughly the same but he gave more of a ball playing option as well as slowing the ruck in defence...
ET is better in the middle than on the edge. The problem is that we need more players belting it up the middle as well. We could change to a side that plays two big second rowers who play close to the middle rather than on the edges but will whoever gets that role be able to defend out wide ?

I reckon ET is one of our best players but he is a player that you need to work around and it takes a lot of adjustments in the team. He makes so many key tackles though that I couldn't just drop him from the team.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10196
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:34 pm

Russell wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:26 pm
20. Lovett (35 minutes) - 30 metres in attack, 11 tackles, 1 missed tackle

This guy is a joke.

We would be better playing with 12 men on the field than playing Lovett.

I have been watching RL for just on 68 years and I have never seen a more useless second rower in all that time.

He should give us a break and retire - go up to Byron and sniff himself to death.
It makes you wonder how some players make it this far .
should've been punted when busted for drugs !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
Love the WestsTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 3223
Joined: Wed 21 Jul, 2010 12:03 pm
Location: Ex Ctown Resident Now Qlander

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 10:01 pm

Lovett is the obvious but does anyone else think Marsters has gone in his shell a bit ?

Cant wait for Suli to come back in, we missed some of his go forward today

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1539
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 10:09 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 10:01 pm
Lovett is the obvious but does anyone else think Marsters has gone in his shell a bit ?

Cant wait for Suli to come back in, we missed some of his go forward today
No .... I think he is doing OK.
Will develop into a good utility option for us.

User avatar
VanillaThunder
Member
Member
Posts: 969
Joined: Mon 18 Jul, 2011 12:57 am
Location: Perth, WA

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 10:47 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Sun 23 Jul, 2017 10:01 pm
Lovett is the obvious but does anyone else think Marsters has gone in his shell a bit ?

Cant wait for Suli to come back in, we missed some of his go forward today
He just doesn't see enough ball. He can't follow Nofo up the middle because then we'd have an edge unmanned, and on sweep plays we only hit Lovett short or Teddy out the back. I'd love to see him off the bench playing lock as a bit of a poor man's Peachey (when Suli is fit of course).

Assuming Liddle is gone for the year, push ET to hooker to spell McIlwrick either side of half time, Marsters to come on through the middle and slide out to an edge for the rest of the game, giving Eisenhuth/Aloiai a rest.

Post Reply