WESTS Tigers Team V Manly

Bob

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Manly

Post by Bob » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:31 pm

I thought Lolo all but one the game for us getting the 7 tackle set. I thought he did well.

I guess with Packer our mood will help get a good start to our sets.

Would be nice to have a quality kicker in the side.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:40 pm

Eddie wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:27 pm
Magpie Magic wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:24 pm
Gee we have reached the point where we can drop people from a winning team ha.

Maybe Cleary wants to introduce a new tactic to RL as in Cricket where with an even balanced squad you get player rotation horses for courses and also for squad harmony and not to allow them to burn out with their high intensity game plan..
Maybe

I think he is just dropping players that are not playing well. He is not afraid to change a winning team which really keeps everyone motivated.

i just think he tries to pick the best 17 for each game which sounds simple.
Yeah well the more i think about it i think that what you say is true but also our game is based on high intensity respect for the club and each other and to maintain that rotation is necessary to avoid burnout and factionalism developing where 8 or so guys going good never getting a crack.
I've been confident every game this year but not so much this week noticed last week talk and intensity was a bit lower and the players in their own mind would have been thinking about the first 5 games for months and this game could be a bit of a letdown. But now with a new injection of hungry players like Reynolds Sue Nofo Grant this should provide the energy required to keep the roll going.
Time to look at the odds. :)

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:46 pm

Like this side a lot. Before round 1 I wanted Tui at fullback but Thompson has outplayed him at full back and seems much fitter at the moment. Goal kicking is a concern though.

I like Sue on the bench and Twal starting as Twal can play big minutes and Sue will provide more impact.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:51 pm

Manly are great at breaking the line up the middle. Thompson has been the clear better defensive fullback in 2018 so far... I would love Tui for his kicking but I think he needs abit more match fitness.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:57 pm

Snake wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:17 pm
DCE and Turbo are smiling Nofoaluma is back thanks Ivan .
I know bit like when Cammy and Addo-Carr were licking their lips Rd 2..

What is Ivan thinking...
Wayne Train 2019..

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:03 pm

Tui's fitness is fine. He's fat, so he must be unfit :roll:

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:11 pm

GNR he has been bog average for mine. I like what he can bring but he 100% needs to buy in.

He is 23 he should be in peak fitness of his life.

Im sorry bit when you run for 46 M at fullback your not as fit as you should be.

Im just glad Ivan is not going to make excuses for him.

if he was 100% buying in he would be in the side - simple as that. s his talent is more then some of the others getting a run.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:13 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:03 pm
I reckon Tuis knee is the problem with his slowness and less intensity....Ivan knows best but I will stick to my opinion that he has a niggle and he is not in fg for that reason..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by FreddyK » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:15 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:57 pm
Snake wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 5:17 pm
DCE and Turbo are smiling Nofoaluma is back thanks Ivan .
I know bit like when Cammy and Addo-Carr were licking their lips Rd 2..

What is Ivan thinking...
I can also remember Mitchell and Tupou licking their lips in round 1

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:26 pm

Unless Tui is carrying a knee injury he should be at fullback- if not for his running then for his goal kicking. Thompson has taken his chances and gone good so far but him and MWZ aren’t anything super special. If Nofo and Fonau could cut out some mistakes they would be better options.

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:36 pm

Besides the other posters comments, Nofa is a huge metre eater and tackle buster so adds that in absence of packer
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:54 pm

Sabre wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 4:12 pm
Would prefer Grant in the 17 over Sue.
I'd prefer Felise over either of them, but all in all it's a good side. Sue knows he will need to perform or else lose his spot next week, so hopefully it will bring out the best in him.

Don't know who's gonna kick goals though with Tui not named. Marsters is very ordinary. I'm really surprised they haven't been more proactive in addressing this, especially with Hodgson there and knowing that Tui isn't always guaranteed a spot in the 17.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:55 pm

How good is picking a side in form and dropping players if standard isn't maintained ?

Tui goal kicking vs Parra was unreal and the winner vs the Roosters :master: but i i find him a bit slow at the back and lacks the ability of knowing when to chime in an attacking play.
Thompson best position is Fullback goal kicking will be a problem without Tui but no complaints with Ivan's call.
Depth is keeping everyone on there toes and pushing each other to perform...hence why we are going great and so are the Maggies.

I told you guys Luke Brooks would come good :lol:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:00 pm

We struggled at times with tough metres out of our end last week. Nofa has to be in first grade he won’t be perfect defensively but he is much improved.

Thompson has been electric he chews up metres and much quicker than Tui. Tui is running back slow he is clearly injured and not fit enough. His positional play was quite good though.

With the exception of Packer this is a much better side. Twal will surprise as a starting prop.Matulino has to step up he was terrible last week.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:11 pm

- Tui was a lead weight last week, not sure he's 100% fit, looks sluggish kind of happy he's been dropped.
- Happy to see Reynolds for the first time but also a bit nervous about the disruption the whole Liddle Reynolds thing might add.
- Hand Benji the kicking boots, he's full of confidence he'll be fine.
- Not sure if no one else thinks the same or maybe too afraid to say it but it's time for Matulino to kick into another gear, he's been a bit of a letdown for me so far.
Not saying he's been terrible but I expected a bit more, I thought some of his D last week was pretty poor.
Here's his chance to fill Packers void.

Don't know how I feel about this week, for some strange reason it's the least confident I've felt so far (not that it matters one iota how I feel)

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:28 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:13 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:03 pm
I reckon Tuis knee is the problem with his slowness and less intensity....Ivan knows best but I will stick to my opinion that he has a niggle and he is not in fg for that reason..
If that were the case he would be rested and not playing isp. His knee not going to get better there.

Im not a fan of ivan choping and changing.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:30 pm

TIGER wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:11 pm
- Tui was a lead weight last week, not sure he's 100% fit, looks sluggish kind of happy he's been dropped.
- Happy to see Reynolds for the first time but also a bit nervous about the disruption the whole Liddle Reynolds thing might add.
- Hand Benji the kicking boots, he's full of confidence he'll be fine.
- Not sure if no one else thinks the same or maybe too afraid to say it but it's time for Matulino to kick into another gear, he's been a bit of a letdown for me so far.
Not saying he's been terrible but I expected a bit more, I thought some of his D last week was pretty poor.
Here's his chance to fill Packers void.

Don't know how I feel about this week, for some strange reason it's the least confident I've felt so far (not that it matters one iota how I feel)

Could be worse we could of had woods.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:33 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 6:54 pm
Sabre wrote:
Tue 10 Apr, 2018 4:12 pm
Would prefer Grant in the 17 over Sue.
I'd prefer Felise over either of them, but all in all it's a good side. Sue knows he will need to perform or else lose his spot next week, so hopefully it will bring out the best in him.

Don't know who's gonna kick goals though with Tui not named. Marsters is very ordinary. I'm really surprised they haven't been more proactive in addressing this, especially with Hodgson there and knowing that Tui isn't always guaranteed a spot in the 17.
The only other person is marshall. Its madness to give it to masters again.