Terrible judges of footballers

citizen cub

Re: Terrible judges of footballers

Post by citizen cub » Sat 29 May, 2010 4:03 pm

I must confess, I was one of those people, who at the start of the year thought Daniela's signing was a waste of money. But the last two games he's shown some great attacking ability and also some very solid defence.

I think the selectors are gonna have a nightmare of a time deciding who'll they'll pick when Ayshford is available. Ayshford could really struggle here, his form up until his injury, was for mine very sub-standard, while Daniela came into the team at a time of adversity and has shown the goods.

With him in the backline, the attack out wide is looking alot more potent and direct than it did 2-3 weeks ago. Who knows, this boy could become the lynch pin in the backs
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Sat 29 May, 2010 4:07 pm

Any one else rekon he would be the fastest in our team??

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 29 May, 2010 10:46 pm

I'm a fan of all footballers until in my eyes proven otherwise. You cannot write off players before they have even played for the club, like Daniella had been. While it was great to see him perform, you cannot use one games performance as a validation for an arguement. There needs to be a stretch of games at least before you go around dishing out humble pie.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 30 May, 2010 7:23 am

Daniela played great but those who have watched State Cup will tell you that he is constantly outplayed by other players in the same psoitions he plays.

Good luck to the kid though but if we had given Davis and Pritchard a go in 2009 they would be the ones we would be talking about now.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Sun 30 May, 2010 5:25 pm

southerntiger wrote:And he is in again. Geez there needs to be some great servings of humble pie methinks.
"Hindsight is a wonderful thing", "One swallow doesn't make a summer"....insert further cliches in here

balmainkings

Post by balmainkings » Sun 30 May, 2010 5:39 pm

Alf Duguid wrote:
southerntiger wrote:And he is in again. Geez there needs to be some great servings of humble pie methinks.
"Hindsight is a wonderful thing", "One swallow doesn't make a summer"....insert further cliches in here
"It is better to have lived one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 30 May, 2010 6:05 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Daniela played great but those who have watched State Cup will tell you that he is constantly outplayed by other players in the same psoitions he plays.

Good luck to the kid though but if we had given Davis and Pritchard a go in 2009 they would be the ones we would be talking about now.
Who were you goung to drop...Ryan, Lawrence Tuiaki, Ayshford. Ellis, Heigno Payten or Payne
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 30 May, 2010 6:18 pm

I agree with you Southern Tiger, everyone seems to bag Daniella just because they are so desperate to see a couple of players from State Cup get into the side. In Daniella's two games so far he has been up against some great attacking player including Vuna, Sau and Ropati and had no troubles in defence what so ever, and its quite obvious he has some great attacking skills.In my opinion if he keeps this form up he will really challenge Ayshford for his first grade spot, and easily hold out Pritchard and Davis.. ;) :lol:

Wildcat777

Post by Wildcat777 » Sun 30 May, 2010 9:37 pm

Daniella is showing he can play - when in position - problem has been in the past that he was played out of position ie wing for about 5 mins a game. Had no chance of showing what he can do. In the past people really questioning this decision. Better not to have him in the team if not in the right position. I don't mind him in the centres...we know his is fast and can attack..in fact anyone else there may not have scored the hat trick he did. In terms of defense will be tested against the bullfrogs and if Blake is fit put him on the bench as I am sure he can play in the forwards if need be as well as centres or wing etc if required. I just don't want to see Geoff playing on the wing.
Do not go where the path may lead go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.