TSupps05 wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:11 am
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:05 am
foreveratiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:02 am
Harvey wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:19 am

OP mentions Mbye, Robbie game in afternoon sun. Don’t think any of those factors applied at Campbelltown so hard to compare.

Isn’t a better question if we get a near sellout, where were those fans when we played the raiders
I agree Harvey there massive draw cards (Robbie and Mbye) that attracts the Leichhardt game and the 2pm start.
I think the 4pm kick off at Campbelltown vs the Raiders was terrible on a Sunday afternoon, anyone that lives out towards the City makes it an unattractive proposition when you have schooling and work next day.

Winning is everything and if Farah and Mbye didn't come in time for the Titans game you would be lucky to get 10-11000 people at Leichardt this weekend especially after the crap they dished out vs the Raiders.

Getting of the train and your right there at Campbelltown is a massive plus for me and at the Broncos game this year was so quick to get out of there, but the atmosphere is not the same as a Leichardt game....that Hill does bring a nice family feel, rug out and nibbles, a bit higher towards the scoreboard is your Banter, laughs and drinks.....it just brings you back to how good the old days were.

The Polynesians got nearly 18,000 at Campbelltown last weekend how can we entice them?
Become the West Tongan Tigers ??
Sign alot of islander and kiwi boys...

Oh wait
No Tongans though , that's the answer :sign:

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:20 am

foreveratiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:02 am
Harvey wrote:
Clifferd wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 9:43 pm
If we get near a sell out you can't help but think the crowd at Campbelltown v Raiders was a complete embarrassment
OP mentions Mbye, Robbie game in afternoon sun. Don’t think any of those factors applied at Campbelltown so hard to compare.

Isn’t a better question if we get a near sellout, where were those fans when we played the raiders
I agree Harvey there massive draw cards (Robbie and Mbye) that attracts the Leichhardt game and the 2pm start.
I think the 4pm kick off at Campbelltown vs the Raiders was terrible on a Sunday afternoon, anyone that lives out towards the City makes it an unattractive proposition when you have schooling and work next day.

Winning is everything and if Farah and Mbye didn't come in time for the Titans game you would be lucky to get 10-11000 people at Leichardt this weekend especially after the crap they dished out vs the Raiders.

Getting of the train and your right there at Campbelltown is a massive plus for me and at the Broncos game this year was so quick to get out of there, but the atmosphere is not the same as a Leichardt game....that Hill does bring a nice family feel, rug out and nibbles, a bit higher towards the scoreboard is your Banter, laughs and drinks.....it just brings you back to how good the old days were.

The Polynesians got nearly 18,000 at Campbelltown last weekend how can we entice them?
Put the one home ground in Nuku’alofa

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:38 am

Clifferd wrote:
If we get near a sell out you can't help but think the crowd at Campbelltown v Raiders was a complete embarrassment
10k for a crowd is an embarrassment anywhere and anytime regardless of this week's crowd.

Carefactor

Post by Carefactor » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:44 am

gallagher wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:38 am
Clifferd wrote:
10k for a crowd is an embarrassment anywhere and anytime regardless of this week's crowd.
Spot on!!! There is always an exuse.
LO had over 13k on a cold Thursday night.

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:51 am

Carefactor wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:44 am
gallagher wrote:
Clifferd wrote:
It is easy to see where the supporter base is ... inner west / west and to an extent North west . Anyway let the club flog a dead horse at Campbelltown where NRL clubs go to die!

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:05 pm

Snake wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:51 am
Carefactor wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Clifferd wrote:
It is easy to see where the supporter base is ... inner west / west and to an extent North west . Anyway let the club flog a dead horse at Campbelltown where NRL clubs go to die!
So are those supporters like Manly fans and won’t travel to support their team? Or are there 10,000 keen tigers fans and a couple of thousand Balmain relics that won’t go outside Leichhardt

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:39 pm

Harvey wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:05 pm
Snake wrote:
Carefactor wrote:
gallagher wrote:

So are those supporters like Manly fans and won’t travel to support their team? Or are there 10,000 keen tigers fans and a couple of thousand Balmain relics that won’t go outside Leichhardt
When Wests moved to Campbo I travelled from the Parramatta area every week to watch them. i would have missed a dozen games between 87-99. When Wests tigers came along , at first I got the Campbo membership and went to the odd LO game. Then when they started playing at Homebush I stopped getting my membership. I went to all the Homebush games and only the odd one at the traditional games.
I guess when I had a home ground fairly close to home and every other game on Fox I rarely had the desire to go to traditionsl grounds. Poor scheduling, distance, poor facilities, poor team usually.
But its the clubs and the NRL's job to make it appealing, its not my duty.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:58 pm

Harvey wrote:
Clifferd wrote:

Conditional fans?
It's obvious many don't travel from one ground to the other... Either way.
Yet I'm sure there would be some that don't that pat themselves on the back when it suits.

When it suits

That's our problem... Too many choices makes it easier for all of us. One home ground!

Carefactor

Post by Carefactor » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 3:38 pm

Harvey wrote:
Snake wrote:
Carefactor wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Lol . Last throw of the dice .....lets bring up the Balmain and Wests chestnut...
It is telling us that either the Campbeltown area doesnt have a fan base OR they just dont attend.
I couldnt care less if they are or were Wests or Balmain fans in the inner western suburbs but i do care that they attend games and support WESTSTIGERS. I personally attend LO games because i enjoy the atmosphere not because its an old Balmain ground... id be happy to attend Lidcombe Oval for the same reason if a game was ever there.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 4:04 pm

Harvey wrote:
Clifferd wrote:

I agree, what is all this hating of differeing venues? I really thought that we all were fans of the Wests Tigers, not the Magpies or the almost defunct Balmain. I've posted on our venues before and even though I live in the Hunter Valley, Campbelltown with its public transport, parking and good facilities is a far better place to watch a game from than our other two venues. I do agree, though, that Leichhardt has a good atmosphere.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 4:15 pm

Carefactor wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 3:38 pm
Harvey wrote:
Snake wrote:
Carefactor wrote:

Lol . Last throw of the dice .....lets bring up the Balmain and Wests chestnut...
It is telling us that either the Campbeltown area doesnt have a fan base OR they just dont attend.
I couldnt care less if they are or were Wests or Balmain fans in the inner western suburbs but i do care that they attend games and support WESTSTIGERS. I personally attend LO games because i enjoy the atmosphere not because its an old Balmain ground... id be happy to attend Lidcombe Oval for the same reason if a game was ever there.
But do you attend Campbelltown. Do you attend Homebush?

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 5:12 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 4:04 pm
Harvey wrote:
Clifferd wrote:

I agree, what is all this hating of differeing venues? I really thought that we all were fans of the Wests Tigers, not the Magpies or the almost defunct Balmain. I've posted on our venues before and even though I live in the Hunter Valley, Campbelltown with its public transport, parking and good facilities is a far better place to watch a game from than our other two venues. I do agree, though, that Leichhardt has a good atmosphere.
Parking and Train station yes it's a better venue that's it , but a better place to watch footy? No way.
The atmosphere at Campbelltown is poor IMO and anyhow it's not what preference i have or any other supporter has it's about maximising our Gate takings when the team is playing well and winning.

Reality is we as a Club need to bring in as much money from game Days as we possibly can.....
Campbelltown has a nominal capacity of 20,000 with the highest record of 20,527 vs Cowboys in 2005 and Leichardt also has a nominal capacity of 20,000 with the highest record of 22,877 vs Souths in 2005.
The ironic thing is both our record crowds in each venue was in 2005 when we had the most success and if these 2 grounds were much bigger we would of had way more people in each of these games so in effect we are costing ourselves a lot of money when we are doing well at these venues .

ANZ yeah facilities , Public transport great but if you get 30,000 people there = echoes.

To me i don't care where our Ground is as the Club have my money anyway with my 2 Full Season Tickets , i don't even live in Sydney so i will go to any of the 3 venues if our form warrants going down there ,

Our Club needs to find 1 home where they will maximise $$$$$$ and stop trying to please fans from the Balmain and Wests side of the merge , the last 2 Home games of every year should be played 1 at Campbelltown and the other at Leichardt to make everyone happy....if we are doing well in the 8 or need to win to get in the 8 you will pretty much fill both these Venues .

I personally don't like ANZ but like i said it's not what i prefer.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 6:40 pm

Are we going for three wins in a row at Leichhardt?
When was the last loss at L.O, was it against the Warriors ?
I was there for the win over the Sea Eagles and North Qld .
The last couple of games have been crackers there.
in Ivan we distrust

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:07 pm

gallagher wrote:
Clifferd wrote:
We had over 10K here at Bathurst on a pretty cold night.

Carefactor

Post by Carefactor » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:21 pm

Harvey wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 4:15 pm
Carefactor wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 3:38 pm
Harvey wrote:
Snake wrote:

But do you attend Campbelltown. Do you attend Homebush?
Hate Homebush although its close to me i refuse to go unless its a finals game ( so almost never) .. and rarely go to Cambo..
So what is your point ... please dont try say that the supporters in the Macarthur area back up and make LO crowds good ?

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:25 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:07 pm
gallagher wrote:
Clifferd wrote:
Maybe not anywhere. 10k in a country town is good.
10k in your home city is stinky.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:36 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:25 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:07 pm
gallagher wrote:
Clifferd wrote:
Maybe not anywhere. 10k in a country town is good.
10k in your home city is stinky.
That's what I was hinting at, pretty slack for a city of 6 million.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:52 pm

Just go support your side :brick:

Think yourself lucky the team you support aren't 1422 km away :cry: :cry: :cry: