gallagher wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:32 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:28 pm
Eddie wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:18 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:06 pm

I didn't want Farah back either but he's clearly our dominant player in the spine.
Brooks has had his time to prove he's our go to man but he just isn't. He's been way better this year but still not our No 1 play maker.
Farah has waltzed and taken control very easily. And to our benefit.
That is a point I agree with.

Farah is playing his natural game which is to our benefit.

And if Brooks feels pushed to the corner its more to do with why after 100 games people are still not convinced by him.

If he loses his voice thats something he needs to address to be a better and more dominant, commanding player.
I don't want to get into a Benji / Robbie thing

But Benji and Robbie haven't trusted any of our options for 12 years (Prince was gone in 2006 )and in the same sentence with such a brilliant 9 and 6 we haven't been able to attract one quality 7 in all those years

Yet we were able to attract top line players in so many other positions Ellis , Tuqiri , Keefy etc

You have to ask why ........
Its too late to ask that question. Cleary brought them back so now he has to run with them. He won't be able to change them.
But Robbie said himself he would do what's best for the team :?

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:39 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:36 pm
gallagher wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:

And if Brooks feels pushed to the corner its more to do with why after 100 games people are still not convinced by him.

If he loses his voice thats something he needs to address to be a better and more dominant, commanding player.

But Benji and Robbie haven't trusted any of our options for 12 years (Prince was gone in 2006 )and in the same sentence with such a brilliant 9 and 6 we haven't been able to attract one quality 7 in all those years

Yet we were able to attract top line players in so many other positions Ellis , Tuqiri , Keefy etc

Its too late to ask that question. Cleary brought them back so now he has to run with them. He won't be able to change them.
Pascoe said he’s not received your pet membership yet !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:41 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:
gallagher wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:23 pm

Nice half volley outside the off stump ....... watch it carefully through to the keeper
I didn't want Farah back either but he's clearly our dominant player in the spine.
Brooks has had his time to prove he's our go to man but he just isn't. He's been way better this year but still not our No 1 play maker.

Which teams can afford a brilliant 9,7 and 6? Not many.

Not many. The Titans payed a stack for Prince and was homesick.

Top line players like Props, back rowers and wingers are not on the same pay scale.

Would have been nice if Prince wasn't homesick and stuck around anyway. Even if he did though you would have been able to keep all 3 for long. Shame As those boys had a brilliant combo.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:43 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:39 pm
happy tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Mrs reminded me it was a Xmas present from her and the kids ...... that slipped my mind :oops:

I make a rule I never mess with the Mrs unless it is entirely necessary and only if a complete and utter victory can be achieved without personnel changes .....

Yes I'm #pussywhupped

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:45 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:43 pm
hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Mrs reminded me it was a Xmas present from her and the kids ...... that slipped my mind :oops:

I make a rule I never mess with the Mrs unless it is entirely necessary and only if a complete and utter victory can be achieved without personnel changes .....

Yes I'm #pussywhupped
Stop Farah bashing !
Without him we lose today .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:47 pm

Actually think Benji and Lui were great together until Lui went off the rails . Had he not we would have stuck with that combo for some time,.

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:51 pm

Newtown wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:30 pm
How did Farah push Brooks to the other side? Brooks was one of the better players today. TV commentators are paid big money to create controversy and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Does that go for the ones that wrapped farah too. ;)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:52 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:45 pm
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Yes I'm #pussywhupped
Stop Farah bashing !
3,2 1

Farah
Mbye
Lawrence

Just think we will be better across the park if Brooks is in charge of our attack , not the 2018 version of Benji

Robbie will create so much more for Brooks , than he can for Benji

And in fact , it will help Benji , create some space for him when he is the secondary option where his passing game can be his strength , not running around in circles like a headless chook looking for the 2005 version of his speed to kick in

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 10:42 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:52 pm
hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:

Yes I'm #pussywhupped
Stop Farah bashing !
3,2 1

Farah
Mbye
Lawrence

Just think we will be better across the park if Brooks is in charge of our attack , not the 2018 version of Benji

And in fact , it will help Benji , create some space for him when he is the secondary option where his passing game can be his strength , not running around in circles like a headless chook looking for the 2005 version of his speed to kick in
But Brooks’s hasn’t got it in him
Never has , never will :bash:

Benji will always be a headless chook
No matter what ....
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 11:01 pm

Observations.
The play where Robbie put himself in second receiver, Brooks called it beforehand.
Benji and Brooks are different players.
I agree we need to play to all of there strengths.
In the play that was called forward for Chee Kam.
Brooks had not thrown a ball like that in his life.
He seems to either run wide engaging our centres / second row, or play a short ball into our props.
Benji on the other hand can run like a headless chook but he does have a much better cut out pass than Brooks.
In regards to the left side not getting as much attention.
Did everyone miss the 3 dropped balls KN did when being put in space or in for a try?
The only thing Robbie didn’t provide Brooks with was opportunities to kick long. However our forwards were all running well and we played the majority of the game in the dragons half so there was no need, but Farah did provide Brooks the ball when we where in a position for a repeat set. And alternatively provide Marshall the pass when we were in position for a bomb or tick to touch.
I think he picked his options well. I noticed one time only where he made the wrong decision in the second half but that was all.

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 11:18 pm

Eddie wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:41 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Top line players like Props, back rowers and wingers are not on the same pay scale.

Would have been nice if Prince wasn't homesick and stuck around anyway. Even if he did though you would have been able to keep all 3 for long. Shame As those boys had a brilliant combo.
With Prince it was his wife that wanted to go home she wanted to work again she was in the Queensland ambulance service and she could not work at it down here for some reason

81Tiger

Post by 81Tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 11:21 pm

Telltails wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:47 pm
Actually think Benji and Lui were great together until Lui went off the rails . Had he not we would have stuck with that combo for some time,.
Agreed we were On fire with Benji/Lui in 2011 and could have conceivably gone all the way that year, Luis disappears in the off season and our attack went down the toilet (yes he was a speed bump in defence)

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 11:54 pm

The Queen wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 11:18 pm
Eddie wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Eddie wrote:

With Prince it was his wife that wanted to go home she wanted to work again she was in the Queensland ambulance service and she could not work at it down here for some reason
Plus Scott and the missus got a house built for them free of charge as a "side note" to his contract didnt they? Pretty sure the Titans shonkiness in that instance made headlines a few years back.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 6:39 am

jadtiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:11 pm
Apart from his scoot from dummy half to try and score i thought he had a very good game
He loves em hey
Rarely pays off
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:08 am

Demps wrote:
Mon 16 Jul, 2018 6:39 am
jadtiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 6:11 pm
Apart from his scoot from dummy half to try and score i thought he had a very good game
He loves em hey
Rarely pays off
Yes he does and that has always been my main criticism of him he overplays his hand to often

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:33 am

hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 10:42 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:52 pm
hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Yes I'm #pussywhupped
Stop Farah bashing !
3,2 1

Farah
Mbye
Lawrence

But Brooks’s hasn’t got it in him
Never has , never will :bash:

Benji will always be a headless chook
No matter what ....
3 more repeat sets and a kick that should have resulted in a TRY for Naiqama but lets ignore that...
Wayne Train 2019..

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 8:32 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 11:54 pm
The Queen wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 11:18 pm
Eddie wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Plus Scott and the missus got a house built for them free of charge as a "side note" to his contract didnt they? Pretty sure the Titans shonkiness in that instance made headlines a few years back.

That's true also a few of the cowboys got houses as well for under market value

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 8:35 am

81Tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 11:21 pm
Telltails wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:47 pm
Agreed we were On fire with Benji/Lui in 2011 and could have conceivably gone all the way that year, Luis disappears in the off season and our attack went down the toilet (yes he was a speed bump in defence)

That was a shame with Lui but how he did not go to jail for bashing a pregnant woman is beyond me