Take Out Galloway and our packs the worst in the comp.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Take Out Galloway and our packs the worst in the comp.

Post by smeghead » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:36 am

Thought Gibbs made more than any forward on the field?

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 8:57 am

Cats Fan wrote:We couldn't hold the ball, that was our problem.
Nailed it.

The pack was not the problem today. I thought they were good - admittedly it was against the dogs.

Robbie and Benji didn't fire and took the wrong options at times + a couple of bad calls by the ref counted against us but the the number one reason we didn't get the win was our lack of ball security.

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:08 am

I am the original post and will rephrase. As far as making metres, I still believe we are the worst pack in the comp.

Tackled our guts off, tried hard, but etc etc our forwards can not give us any role on at all. Tired yes but we came up against one of the apparent weak packs tonight, who was MISSING as many forwards as us and we were completely dominanted. As I said, the last two weeks we have not got any roll on due to forward metres and its always been the same. Someone tell me how many good dummy half runs has Farah been able to make cause of good hit upts the last two weeks. Zero. Its not jsut about tonight. We lack forwards with good leg drive etc. Plenty of forwards who can make 30+ tackles and do 10-15 hitups without huge effect.

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:14 am

TheSunTanSuperman wrote:Some people on here have absolutely no idea whatsoever. Tonight I saw a pack, hell a team, that in the last 2 weeks has shown more heart and steel in defense than any other Wests Tigers side before it.

This was a team that has gone from Canberra, to Townsville and back to Sydney over the last 3 weeks that has had to make nearly 10 sets more worth of tackling than the opposition. This was a team that still, 70 minutes in, despite having to tackle tackle tackle for an eternity still trying to hold on.

But, if you want to come to the conclusion that when Galloway isn't there we are a lousy pack, well good luck to you.
Offensively we are. No forwards who bend the line at all unless Galloway is there to take the first hitup to get some sort of roll on. Dropping balls, injuries, referee calls, fatigue - yes ... but in the last two weeks we would not of had more than 20-30 max tackles combined in the opposition 20 metre zone, and thats cause unless we are starting in there half, we cant go forward, theres noone to make a great hit up, be able to get a good play the ball or get a good offload. And when you cant make much going forward, its hard to make much going wide.

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:29 am

hadds75 wrote:Yes Cayless and Payten were out tonight as well, but the last two weeks have shown the exact same problem that was shown when GAlloway was out for six weeks last year.

Our pack is the worst in the comp without Galloway. Ellis is a great defender, a scary defender, but he hardly ever poses a great threat in attack. Fulton, Heighington and Gibbs are the same. We played a very light and very average pack tonight and were outplayed easily.

The last two weeks we have got no piggy back penalties at all and constantly been working from our own half and what the last two weeks have shown is we cant make metres through the middle again. How many times do we take three hit ups and go bang,bang, bang we are 30 metres down field. Not once.

The last two weeks we would of been lucky to have had 20 tackles in the opposition 20 combined. Fact.
utter tripe!

the_scene

Post by the_scene » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:36 am

I stopped reading at the part where you say Ellis is poor in attack...He regularly bends the line putting the opposition defence on the back foot, he can offload and he knows how to hit a hole.

triserratops

Post by triserratops » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:41 am

innsaneink wrote:We had our chances but didnt take them (drop balls/penalties in possesion)
Ouch!
:twisted:
Hit the nail right on the head!!!
:o
Gentle insane, Gentle!
;)

Nothing more really needs to be said about the game!
Good boy insane saved me typing it out
:D
STAND BACK OR SOMEONE WILL
GET HURT! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:15 am

Our pack is going great this season.

Maybe this thread was worthy the last few seasons, but it's ridiculous this season. The pack is the least of our worries.

And "only" Galloway bends the line............what about Fifita?

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 10:33 am

Great pack of forwards. We just need workhorses front row metre eaters on the bench. Poor coaching by the koala bear.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 3:18 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Great pack of forwards. We just need workhorses front row metre eaters on the bench. Poor coaching by the koala bear.
Bug - the coach wasn't too blame for the dropped balls. Schrinack was meant to be in the side but he got injured.
\

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 3:26 pm

tiger05 wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:Great pack of forwards. We just need workhorses front row metre eaters on the bench. Poor coaching by the koala bear.
Bug - the coach wasn't too blame for the dropped balls. Schrinack was meant to be in the side but he got injured.
\
Ummm .....he was in his suit next to his brother in the stand during the warm up...he didn't get injured.....he was injured....

Mataka ran out no suit...

Sheens bench was 3 backrowers and a ....you know I don't know what he is...so I'll go with centre...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

towntiger

Post by towntiger » Sat 17 Apr, 2010 9:24 pm

hadds75 wrote:Yes Cayless and Payten were out tonight as well, but the last two weeks have shown the exact same problem that was shown when GAlloway was out for six weeks last year.

Our pack is the worst in the comp without Galloway. Ellis is a great defender, a scary defender, but he hardly ever poses a great threat in attack. Fulton, Heighington and Gibbs are the same. We played a very light and very average pack tonight and were outplayed easily.

The last two weeks we have got no piggy back penalties at all and constantly been working from our own half and what the last two weeks have shown is we cant make metres through the middle again. How many times do we take three hit ups and go bang,bang, bang we are 30 metres down field. Not once.

The last two weeks we would of been lucky to have had 20 tackles in the opposition 20 combined. Fact.
You are a goose hadds!

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 6:34 pm

I love the boys but I think plenty of people here overate players and their performances. If it was only foward pack v forward pack, we would not make the top 8.
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

red dogg

Post by red dogg » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 8:20 pm

i agree with you but i will go on to stay we had our chances to win on friday night. missing touch after being under the pump in defense was a major turning point, so was the miss conversion to make it 12-6 at 12-4 the boys knew it was 2 more trys. But i blame our kicking game.... every kick went once bounce to pattern who then runs straight back at us starting there set on the 30 or 40 metre line, we were always chasing the ball and working it out on the tryline or 10 metre line. this made it hard for our pack to dominate.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:30 am

Gibbs is having his best year ever.

Ellis is invaluable.

And Fiffita seems the real deal.

Our attack or lack of it plus our and the Refs mistakes cost us on Friday not the forwards.