Better Chance Than People Think

NJLM78

Re: Better Chance Than People Think

Post by NJLM78 » Fri 23 Apr, 2010 8:18 pm

TIGER wrote:Put your pennies on the BlackCats 13+ we are in for it.
How about a bit of optimism. Sure it will be a good test for the Tigers but plenty of teams will beat the Panthers this year. We should be one of them.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 23 Apr, 2010 9:48 pm

Robbie rumoured to be out earlier really rocked me, knocked my confidence, but thinking today at work about it....farah is back, Galloway is back...FARAH & GALLOWAY!!...Thats gotta boost any teams confidence, hopefully Gibbs plays, and lazzo should be better for the run.
I initially tipped penrith in the work tip comp, scratched it out today, going with us.!
Wont be easy Penrith are going OK....but were not bad either.
Go Tiges

willow

Post by willow » Fri 23 Apr, 2010 9:51 pm

TIGER wrote:
willow wrote:I guess the other thing to look at is the Panthers form line. They've won their last 3 but look at the opposition...Newcastle who had a handy lead and choked, and the Knights aren't a great team...They got the Roosters on a bad day, they really threw very little at Penrith and then they smacked an injury depeleted Warriors team who were missing several top line players and have shown some very ordinary form with a couple of surprise performances thrown in. So while the Panthers are on a roll, the wins they have had aren't all that impressive. They deserve to be favorites against the Tigers, but if the Tigers do turn up ready to play, then it's game on.
Look at our record against Penrith, look at our record at Penrith, look at the fact we are playing with a halfback that wouldn't of played first grade this season possibly next if it wasn't for 2 injuries, look at the fact our best player is in doubt and will play injured if he does play and both our starting props one is coming back from a shoulder injury (maybe too early) and one was in hospital with concussion during the week (should he play)?. Look at our recent stats from the last few weeks regarding times tackled in opposition 20 especially in the first half it's a wonder we have won a game.
Penrith will score points and lots of them we know that, they will probably give us a few opportunities to score to, but is our attack good enough with a rookie half there?
If we win this match i think we are finals material this year but the signs last week especially in attack reminded me of the wonder years especially some of the things Benji did.

I'm well aware of the Tigers record against Penrith, 13 plays 4 wins and I'm not expecting the Tigers to win tomorrow although if they turn up switched on, then they're a chance. It's going to come down to doing the simple things right and playing as a team if the Tigers are to win. Continue with your doomsday approach if that makes you feel better though.

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:31 am

All week I haven't given us much of a chance to win this one......but then I woke up this morning very optomistic again, and driving up the M4 this afternoon with quiet confidence....tear them up Robbie

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 12:45 pm

NJLM78 wrote:
How about a bit of optimism. Sure it will be a good test for the Tigers but plenty of teams will beat the Panthers this year. We should be one of them.
Optimism doesn't work when punting.
The Tiger supporter in me wants us to win, but i still bet with my head.
I don't mind Penrith as a club probably my second favorite team (if you can have a second favorite) but when we play them i absolutely despise them i hate playing them. I am still emotionally scared and i'm sure all Tigers fans that were at Penrith Park that day are to, 32-31 does it ring a bell.
I have never felt like i did that day before, and hopefully never will again. I remember one minute jumping around throwing high fives and the next standing stunned and walking out of the ground feeling empty, my sister was crying her eyes out and all the other Tigers fans faces looked like they were at a funeral heads were down no one was talking i'll never forget it. They are just our bogey team and hopefully today is no where near as bad as 2000 but i still think they wil take care of us.

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 1:16 pm

TIGER wrote:
NJLM78 wrote:
Optimism doesn't work when punting.
The Tiger supporter in me wants us to win, but i still bet with my head.
I don't mind Penrith as a club probably my second favorite team (if you can have a second favorite) but when we play them i absolutely despise them i hate playing them. I am still emotionally scared and i'm sure all Tigers fans that were at Penrith Park that day are to, 32-31 does it ring a bell.
I have never felt like i did that day before, and hopefully never will again. I remember one minute jumping around throwing high fives and the next standing stunned and walking out of the ground feeling empty, my sister was crying her eyes out and all the other Tigers fans faces looked like they were at a funeral heads were down no one was talking i'll never forget it. They are just our bogey team and hopefully today is no where near as bad as 2000 but i still think they wil take care of us.
I do know what you mean. I was there that day. Couldn't believe it. 31-8 up, I thought we would win by 50. 10 years ago, but we must get revenge for it today!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 1:21 pm

You guys miss the fortnight of torture...106-4....v Rooters/Dragons....can't remember the order now...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 1:25 pm

Geo. wrote:You guys miss the fortnight of torture...106-4....v Rooters/Dragons....can't remember the order now...
Yes and going into the St George game we were about 7th or 8th and looking alright. Then had 100 points put on us in the space of a week. One was a Sunday at Kograh and the Roosters the following Friday at Campbelltown from memory in 2004?

Danos

Post by Danos » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 2:15 pm

We always seem to let in the softest tries against the Panthers, thats why they're always one of the most frustrating teams to play. We seem to be tailor made for them. They almost always beat us up.

typicaltiger

Post by typicaltiger » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 2:25 pm

I've got a good feeeeeeeling about this one

yeeow!

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 2:43 pm

we've only ever beaten the panthers four times, however two of those times have been at penrith. we actually seem to play better against them there, even when we lose we generally come close.

its at our home games that they blow us away.

Golden

Post by Golden » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 4:43 pm

where no chance the attack was pathetic last week we always get flogged by panthers no matter how good we looked the week before and the team that fields, we just dont perform against panthers look for Jennings to run wild past Fitzhenry about 4 times

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:44 pm

innsaneink wrote:Robbie rumoured to be out earlier really rocked me, knocked my confidence, but thinking today at work about it....farah is back, Galloway is back...FARAH & GALLOWAY!!...Thats gotta boost any teams confidence, hopefully Gibbs plays, and lazzo should be better for the run.
I initially tipped penrith in the work tip comp, scratched it out today, going with us.!
Wont be easy Penrith are going OK....but were not bad either.
Go Tiges
See Ron...wrong more often than not. :brick: