Chris Heighnington

•  Recent Topics
king sirro

Chris Heighnington

Post by king sirro » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:18 pm

Ive bagged the guy so much over the last 12 months. And for 3 weeks ive given him the raps he deserves. But deep down i still felt he had sooooo much gound to make up before i truly accepted he was back. Well, i think he's back. What a game he had. He let Jennings score, but besides that, he was so far ahead of every other Tigers player it wasnt funny.

Cant believe his defence, his hit ups, his off loads and tonight he even showed his old footwork. Great game.

Great to see u back Heighno.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:20 pm

Yeah he seems to have developed into a true lock forward. He has the ball skills, he can be the link man and his runs just keep improving

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:21 pm

We would have been lost without him! Great game Heighno. He can show us the way forward in coming weeks.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:25 pm

NJLM78 wrote:We would have been lost without him! Great game Heighno. He can show us the way forward in coming weeks.

unfortunately they aren't willing to follow him the whole 80mins.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:26 pm

yeh.. we just need some hard running props to complement him
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

angry ant

Post by angry ant » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:27 pm

Was a tough 2009 for him, but he has been a star this year for sure

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:29 pm

Heighno had a great game! I love Heighno! :wahoo:

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:29 pm

To be honest he played one of the best games I've seen a back-rower play in quite some time today. It was as though we had 3 of him at times... Great game in an ordinary loss... I am hardly a Sheens basher but the loss today for me is all his fault... Poor team selections, mixed with a terrible game plan ...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Chris

Post by Chris » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:32 pm

It would have been a scary night if he wasn't playing.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 7:33 pm

congrats to Hino for a lead by example game.
would be nice if his performance is repeated next week, and give the rep team selectors someone to think about.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 9:13 pm

What a great effort played strong impressed must hurt when you have a half hearted coach.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:18 pm

Best Tiger on the field tonight, what he did was rep quality IMO. He's certainly been one of the Tigers best this season and has thrived under the strength and fitness regime of Folkes. Outplaying Ellis this year so far.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:03 pm

king sirro wrote:Ive bagged the guy so much over the last 12 months. And for 3 weeks ive given him the raps he deserves. But deep down i still felt he had sooooo much gound to make up before i truly accepted he was back. Well, i think he's back. What a game he had. He let Jennings score, but besides that, he was so far ahead of every other Tigers player it wasnt funny.

Cant believe his defence, his hit ups, his off loads and tonight he even showed his old footwork. Great game.

What about the short drop out with 40 sec to go....he never gives up....... :master: Heighington...love your work...

that's twice now Sirro you congratulated Heighno...that's enough mate...Your back in the club...
Wayne Train 2019..

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 11:06 pm

Geo. wrote:
king sirro wrote:Ive bagged the guy so much over the last 12 months. And for 3 weeks ive given him the raps he deserves. But deep down i still felt he had sooooo much gound to make up before i truly accepted he was back. Well, i think he's back. What a game he had. He let Jennings score, but besides that, he was so far ahead of every other Tigers player it wasnt funny.

What about the short drop out with 40 sec to go....he never gives up....... :master: Heighington...love your work...

that's twice now Sirro you congratulated Heighno...that's enough mate...Your back in the club...
I still fail to see the point of the short drop out. God knows what they hoped to achieve from it... But yes Chris was very good tonight and that he was in a position to get the final pass from a break made by our hooker and then our winger was one thing but to put a move on their fullback/winger to score was super.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 7:49 am

Geo. wrote:

haha, yeh i wont start another thread for him but last nights performance really showed he's back and after all ive given him, he deserved the acknowledgment, not that he would care that he's won me back lol
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 25 Apr, 2010 10:53 am

Same here Sirro, I bagged the crap out of him last year. But this year, his performances have made me look dumbfounded
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

izotope

Post by izotope » Mon 26 Apr, 2010 1:43 pm

holy s*** what a game from him. I swear sheens has him running back into the ruck most the time, but with skills like that he better stop doing it.

Was he like playing as a second rower or something? every 10 seconds rhino was there and involved. fantastic game
tigers!

benjibrotown

Post by benjibrotown » Mon 26 Apr, 2010 3:49 pm

Got through a mountain of work on the weekend and you could really tell him and Lote were giving more effort then anyone else on the feild. looks as though he may be getting back to his best form. Would love to see him continue on and play origin although quite unlikely.