Kicking crucial tonite

innsaneink

Kicking crucial tonite

Post by innsaneink » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 4:35 pm

I think we really need to play percentages tonite and I wont be too unhappy if we kick the bugger on the third tackle every set, as long as theyre good kicks and we play it in their territory...just leave it to Farah & Lui...Marshall only when in their 20...therell be lots of errors, best to be down their end when we do

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 4:37 pm

and no brain explosions
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 4:39 pm

What a load of crap!! Just like everyone was talking crap about grinding it out vs the Warriors.
I stated the WT' should come out and blitz them from the first whistle. And they did.
They racked up a massive scoreline..
Tonight should be played no differently.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

willow

Post by willow » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 4:40 pm

Good point Ink, a lot will depend on the kick/chase and forcing an error from the dogs at their own end of the field. The Tigers kicking game has been alright over the last couple of weeks compared to what we've seen so far from them this season. Marshall and Lui may just want to give themselves a bit more depth when kicking because I reckon the dogs will be chasing hard for a chargedown.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 4:45 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:I stated the WT' should come out and blitz them from the first whistle. And they did.
They did?
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

KingOvKingz09

Post by KingOvKingz09 » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 4:46 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:What a load of crap!! Just like everyone was talking crap about grinding it out vs the Warriors.
I stated the WT' should come out and blitz them from the first whistle. And they did.
yeah.... we should go play razzle dazzle in the pooring rain... against a team that has there back against the wall...you amaze me sometimes ct :roll:
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 4:48 pm

i think goal kicking is more important...could be close and low scoring and gaol kicking will count for a lot....i wonder if meaney wil kick

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 4:52 pm

yeah I think that would be the only way to go about things really, no flick passes as well!!

willow

Post by willow » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 4:56 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:What a load of crap!! Just like everyone was talking crap about grinding it out vs the Warriors.
So you don't think a good consistent kicking game will help the Tigers tonight CT? Seemed to work pretty well for Queensland last week.

Kul

Post by Kul » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 5:00 pm

how is being down 4-6 a few minutes from half-time considered a "blitz"?

I don't disagree with you on the team needing to come out and blow them off the park from the kickoff, but the forwards need to dominate first.
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 5:10 pm

willow wrote:
So you don't think a good consistent kicking game will help the Tigers tonight CT? Seemed to work pretty well for Queensland last week.
No. Kicking is not one of their strengths. WT need to play to their strengths.
Don't change your strengths to suit the environment nor the opposition. Especially when the opposition have been demoralised over the past few weeks. Keep them under the pump and crack them. If the Tigers change to suit a grinding match, they will give the Dogs a sniff, and this will suit them perfectly moreso than the Tigers.
WT are well renowned for playing poor teams back into form. That is because they change tactics such as this stupid suggestion to play the percentages tonight.
Play the opposition into playing against the unexpected and the WT will come away with an easy victory.
Grind and play safe and the Bulldogs will outplay the Tigers tonight.
No brainer, really..
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 5:10 pm

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 5:11 pm

innsaneink wrote:I think we really need to play percentages tonite and I wont be too unhappy if we kick the bugger on the third tackle every set, as long as theyre good kicks and we play it in their territory...just leave it to Farah & Lui...Marshall only when in their 20...therell be lots of errors, best to be down their end when we do
Ah Percentages....

It works for St George and it worked for many Brisbane and Melbourne Teams over the years. (I think there is a link there somewhere?)

Its somewhat ironic how many of todays footballers dont realise you need to put yourself in a position to win a game, before you can actually win the game...

Lets hope the big boys hit em up and Robbie and Co can assertain good field possession...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 5:15 pm

Kul wrote:
how is being down 4-6 a few minutes from half-time considered a "blitz"?

I don't disagree with you on the team needing to come out and blow them off the park from the kickoff, but the forwards need to dominate first.
So you jus think a scoreline is the entire picture for when a team comes out firing?? From the get go the Tigers threw everything they had a the Warriors. That is considered a blitz.
The Warriors were always going to crack at some point regardless of how many minutes into the match they were.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 5:18 pm

crouching_tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
No. Kicking is not one of their strengths. WT need to play to their strengths.
Don't change your strengths to suit the environment nor the opposition. Especially when the opposition have been demoralised over the past few weeks. Keep them under the pump and crack them. If the Tigers change to suit a grinding match, they will give the Dogs a sniff, and this will suit them perfectly moreso than the Tigers.
WT are well renowned for playing poor teams back into form. That is because they change tactics such as this stupid suggestion to play the percentages tonight.
Play the opposition into playing against the unexpected and the WT will come away with an easy victory.
Grind and play safe and the Bulldogs will outplay the Tigers tonight.
No brainer, really..

I see what you're saying CT, and if it was dry then go for it, but given the conditions, I'm not convinced playing expansively early will work. I think the Tigers would be better suited playing a similar fashion to what they did against the Knights, get some good dummyhalf running going, win the ruck and kick and chase well. The good completion rate that night, combined with good defensive pressure wore the Knights down and the Tigers were able to run away with the match. I think similar tactics tonight will work well if they can control the ball.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 5:24 pm

Yeah....let's go razzle dazzle from the start....stuff any fundumentals..... :roll:

Good point Innk....Robbie Lui to step up big time with his looong kicking game...Kicking IS one of his strengths....finds the turf more often than Farah and Marshall combined.....

So more nice big bombs like last week will be a great option in the wet too....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

KingOvKingz09

Post by KingOvKingz09 » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 5:29 pm

yepp.. agree'd geo... BOMBS BOMBS BOMBS
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 5:35 pm

willow wrote:
I see what you're saying CT, and if it was dry then go for it, but given the conditions, I'm not convincedplaying expansively early will work. I think the Tigers would be better suited playing a similar fashion to what they did against the Knights, get some good dummyhalf running going, win the ruck and kick and chase well. The good completion rate that night, combined with good defensive pressure wore the Knights down and the Tigers were able to run away with the match. I think similar tactics tonight will work well if they can control the ball.
So you're not convinced? You're never convinced.
Self doubt will never win a Premiership...

You mention playing the ruck early which is all good, but the longer this drags on, WT's forwards will soften(especially without Galloway still), the Bulldogs will get the upper hand.
The Tigers STILL haven't learnt to grind properly.
Marshall and Farah are better dice rollers than percentage players, that what makes them unique and a tough opposition to play against.
Play percentages and you end up like Barrett, Kimmorley and Anasta choking and die wondering...