First Grade Live Game Thread *Contains TV Spoilers*

shifty

Re: First Grade Live Game Thread *Contains TV Spoilers*

Post by shifty » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 5:25 pm

Can anyone shed light on the performance of Wade mckinnon?

Kul

Post by Kul » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 5:29 pm

what a game

we should have won it early, but raiders should have beaten us with our poor handling
thankfully we came out on top

crowd was HUGE!
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 5:36 pm

shifty wrote:Can anyone shed light on the performance of Wade mckinnon?
Yeah he was solid without being great. The game will do him good.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 5:38 pm

He played alright. Made a few errors and wasn't huge in attack. He was a little Tim Moltzen in some of his kick returns (didn't offer much and was dominated).Was taken off around the 65th minute I think for Fitzhenry to come on. I remember him being an awesome tackle breaker a few years ago for the Warriors (he still made a few today though). Hopefully he can get some confidence back and that will start to happen again for him.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 5:51 pm

Not too sure what I'm seeing here, we should have scored quite a few more, but then they should have scored a couple more themselves.

What's the go with Beau and Lote picking up the ball from kicks then throwing hospital passes to Wade??? Run the ball guys!!!

Benji kicking on the 1st tackle on a fairly low percentage play in the first half, especially considering Lote was only hobbling around earlier.

Chris should have backed himself in the first half rather than trying to pass to Lote.

A lot of dropped ball with the line open, glad they got the win but they did it tough on themselves

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:02 pm

Our execution was dreadful, but our defence was strong enough to keep us in it. We stuck to it and got a good win.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:06 pm

what a crazy game.
frustrating for us to watch at times but for non tiger fans,geez we give some entertainment.

how rhino isn't considered for origin blows my mind.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:12 pm

I thought he was poor. No real mistakes but he didn't look good. Fitzy was a real step up.

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:27 pm

I thought the tigers were playing too sideways for Wade to make any impact. Maybe it was harder for him to read the plays that were totally new to him. Once the Tigers get running up the middle of the ruck, then Wade will show his class in support play imo. Tigers didn't do this today.
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:28 pm

tiger05 wrote:
I thought he was poor. No real mistakes but he didn't look good. Fitzy was a real step up.
I really thought Wade was solid. At no time did he look like he was going to drop a catch and he runs the ball back like a champion, hard and straight.

You have to give him more than 2 weeks to learn the team structure and create something more than that.

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:32 pm

Defensively on kicks, Wade was solid.

Notice no one blaming Fitzhenry for anything. That is because he has not had a bad game in all our wins. Hopefully that final try will shut up the chronic whingers for once and for all.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

Danos

Post by Danos » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:34 pm

tiger05 wrote:
The benefit of being the freshest man on the park after both teams have tackled themselves into exhaustion for over an hour. Having said that Fitzy provided a spark, while McKinnon was solid in his first hitout for the club.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:50 pm

Tigerdave wrote:Not too sure what I'm seeing here, we should have scored quite a few more, but then they should have scored a couple more themselves.

What's the go with Beau and Lote picking up the ball from kicks then throwing hospital passes to Wade??? Run the ball guys!!!

Benji kicking on the 1st tackle on a fairly low percentage play in the first half, especially considering Lote was only hobbling around earlier.

Chris should have backed himself in the first half rather than trying to pass to Lote.

A lot of dropped ball with the line open, glad they got the win but they did it tough on themselves
The hospital passes were done because literally both loti and beau had come off second best after some tackles in the first 40. Just bad timing to be getting the ball, however I though Mckinnon was solid at fullback, and he looked like he belonged in that team.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:53 pm

tiger05 wrote:
Poor? :?

Jesus, i'd hate to see what you would say when the guy has an actual bad game...

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 6:57 pm

Good to get the points.

I'm glad we dint put 40 on Canberra, as this way we might be more focused for Friday. The guy hung in there and just got home. Now for the Dragons with Mark Gasnier???
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 7:26 pm

Why was he (Wade) subbed, does anyone know?

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 7:32 pm

senexx wrote:Defensively on kicks, Wade was solid.

Notice no one blaming Fitzhenry for anything. That is because he has not had a bad game in all our wins. Hopefully that final try will shut up the chronic whingers for once and for all.
Yes he has. Fitzy was woeful in our win over the Cowboys. One of the worst individual performances I have seen in 5 years, That being said, since then they guy has said a big stuff you to his critics (myself included) and played some solid footy.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:46 pm

fulleightyminutes wrote:Why was he (Wade) subbed, does anyone know?
Match Fitness....he was stuffed..cramping badly...

Enter.....Fitzhenry
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..