Crowd & Leichhardt Oval

User avatar
wt4lyf
Member
Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed 03 Mar, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: Granville, Sydney

Re: Crowd & Leichhardt Oval

Post by wt4lyf » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 10:13 pm

just wonderin if any of you guys heard or noticed the jungle today on the northern end :)
we gt a few tigers chants started with the drums, sounded exceptional, everyone saying they heard us on tv correct?
we had a lot more flags todaay if you'se noticed as weell :D
My best is yet to come- B. Marshall
Image
TheJungleee.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 410&ref=ts


User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5982
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 10:42 pm

Wasnt that much on the TV unfortunatly. Well done to all who got out there today. Im jealous.
UTT - Up The Tigers

User avatar
benjibrotown
Member
Member
Posts: 1018
Joined: Wed 02 Sep, 2009 10:24 pm

Post by benjibrotown » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:16 pm

alex wrote:this woman sitting next to us in bay 4 of the grandstand ... SHUT THE F UP.

one of those people who commentate the WHOLE GAME. couldn't keep any of her own thoughts to herself and was constantly talking to no one.
I mustve been sitting near you. There was a woman sitting near my in the grandstand who was unbearable before the match and throughout it..
As for Leicchardt it really does not get any better on a Sunday afternoon with not a could in the sky..

User avatar
alex
Member
Member
Posts: 3624
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Haberfield

Post by alex » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:18 pm

benjibrotown wrote:
alex wrote:this woman sitting next to us in bay 4 of the grandstand ... SHUT THE F UP.

one of those people who commentate the WHOLE GAME. couldn't keep any of her own thoughts to herself and was constantly talking to no one.
I mustve been sitting near you. There was a woman sitting near my in the grandstand who was unbearable before the match and throughout it..
As for Leicchardt it really does not get any better on a Sunday afternoon with not a could in the sky..
Bay 4, 30m line, northern side. By the 15 minute mark I was ready to explode.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29668
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 11:23 pm

Ahh C'mon she's a nice Lady....

Although highly annoying...

Do we ever do anything right....Even the tries were scored too wide....

Had nothing when Fitzy blitzed it!!!
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong


User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 8:44 am

I must be at the other end of Bay 4. Thank god
Image

User avatar
Centaur
Member
Member
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Centaur » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 9:29 am

Great crowd. It is very hard to find a good spot if you are general admin though. The gradient of the hill is too flat in a lot of places, making it difficult for people to see over the top of others. Lucky I am 6'6 though.

User avatar
IronTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by IronTiger » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 9:44 am

Loved the banter with the 2 Raiders fans behind us on the hill. One point they shot back with a great reply after a Tigers fan "look at the table" with which they shot back "look at the score board" good reply only to be replied by B.Ryan as he went over 2 minutes later. Love the footy!!!

Lastly i'm not one to critisise but jesus the next skit on Nine shoudl be Beau know Bogans!

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5178
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 3:30 pm

wt4lyf wrote:just wonderin if any of you guys heard or noticed the jungle today on the northern end :)
we gt a few tigers chants started with the drums, sounded exceptional, everyone saying they heard us on tv correct?
we had a lot more flags todaay if you'se noticed as weell :D
Thats who was making all that noise ,you were on top of the TEO toilets,good sound keep it up

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 3:58 pm

lol... I suppose its all apart of the Footy. There is always one peanut yelling explicites or something about our players or coach. The worst part is they would probably be the first to say something if the roles were reversed and they were sitting with there own kids. My boy was devastated at the lauguage used from the Brewongle Stand during the massace, but I didnt hear too much yesterday sitting in bay 8. My boy didnt watch too much of the game, as he just kept staring at TNT sitting near him. My only frustration was all the people standing and blocking the accesses on the concourse in front of the stand.

At the end of the day, they only wanted to see the mighty tigers win...and we did!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
Icon
Member
Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Icon » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 5:58 pm

benjibrotown wrote:
alex wrote:this woman sitting next to us in bay 4 of the grandstand ... SHUT THE F UP.

one of those people who commentate the WHOLE GAME. couldn't keep any of her own thoughts to herself and was constantly talking to no one.
I mustve been sitting near you. There was a woman sitting near my in the grandstand who was unbearable before the match and throughout it..
As for Leicchardt it really does not get any better on a Sunday afternoon with not a could in the sky..
:lol: yep she was very annoying, got laugh though, she just couldn't shut up.

But nothing compares to the idiots at SCG - Tiger Watto knows who i mean.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 6:02 pm

I think noise wise it was quiet at times because it was a truly engrossing contest. Maybe not the best spectacle with the error rates of both sides but truly rivetting football
Image

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5939
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: London

Post by Kul » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 6:13 pm

i was on the hill and the atmosphere was fine.
as smeg said, it wasn't as loud as it has been, but there was definitely electricity in the air due to the closeness of the match. I think that was evident in the fact that no one left even with 10 to go!
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 6:44 pm

angry ant wrote:he had a shaved head
hmm I wonder who that could be :lol:

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 6:45 pm

We have alot of spastics with shaved heads and little manners.

I was in Bay 4 though
Image

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29668
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 7:25 pm

Kul wrote:i was on the hill and the atmosphere was fine.
as smeg said, it wasn't as loud as it has been, but there was definitely electricity in the air due to the closeness of the match. I think that was evident in the fact that no one left even with 10 to go!
:? Who would ever leave at 8-6.....

Yes it was that sort of game.....

Leichhardt on a Sunday arvo is awesome because of the Fans both nutjobs...Opinionated old ladies...and diehards who ride every minute.....

Every Wests Tigers fan should experience it at least once...

P.S the hour traffic jam to get out of the joint is always good after a win.....
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 7:32 pm

Geo. wrote:
Kul wrote:i was on the hill and the atmosphere was fine.
as smeg said, it wasn't as loud as it has been, but there was definitely electricity in the air due to the closeness of the match. I think that was evident in the fact that no one left even with 10 to go!
:? Who would ever leave at 8-6.....

Yes it was that sort of game.....

Leichhardt on a Sunday arvo is awesome because of the Fans both nutjobs...Opinionated old ladies...and diehards who ride every minute.....

Every Wests Tigers fan should experience it at least once...

P.S the hour traffic jam to get out of the joint is always good after a win.....
I always park down the bottom past the OG Hotel, near the access to the city bypass. It's only a 10min walk and worth no traffic jams...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29597
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 21 Jun, 2010 7:57 pm

No need to get stuck in traffic if you park Parra rd side of CityWest Link...

Too bad we dont get Parra Saints or Souths there any more....cant remember Saints or Easts playing there

Post Reply