Robert Lui

Tiger_heart

Robert Lui

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:52 pm

someone please explain how this bloke plays first grade, please...

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:56 pm

I reckon he is ok, other players are way worse atm...

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:58 pm

I cant explain it mate but what else can we do? The fact that Sheens had him pencilled in as our first choice halfback is a joke.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 9:59 pm

We need a halfback desperately! and have for a long time, even one that is passed it will do.
Lui is not the answer i'm totally convinced of that now i don't need to see any more.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:02 pm

His attack is coming along really nicely......unfortunately his defence is not.

But, that may be reflective of the number of big men that the opposition run at him. He is only 19 or 20 odd.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:06 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:His attack is coming along really nicely......unfortunately his defence is not.

But, that may be reflective of the number of big men that the opposition run at him. He is only 19 or 20 odd.
How much older is Mitchell Pearce, a year? Or Daniel Mortimer??

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:08 pm

How much better are you suggesting Mortimer is? I would take Lui. Mortimer is not a ball player he is a ball runner - he didn't look that great tonight.

Pearce has a lot more first grade games under his belt and is not second game back from injury. I think you are being harsh.

Tap Twist Snap

Post by Tap Twist Snap » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:12 pm

At least 8 other players out there were far worse and would be on alot more money than him. It's the senior players who need to pull their finger out. They were terrible tonight.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:13 pm

Lui went okay and really what are the other options with five weeks left in the regular season??? Remember he has missed a heap of football this year

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:15 pm

It's his attitude to defense I dont like. Sometimes he has a go, other times he looks like he couldn't give a stuff.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:17 pm

Tap Twist Snap wrote:At least 8 other players out there were far worse and would be on alot more money than him. It's the senior players who need to pull their finger out. They were terrible tonight.
See, that's the thing - even when the team does play well, I am yet to see what skills he has - eg does he a good kicking game? A passing game? Does he take on the line? Does he put players thru the gap?

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:26 pm

Tap Twist Snap wrote:At least 8 other players out there were far worse and would be on alot more money than him. It's the senior players who need to pull their finger out. They were terrible tonight.
x2

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:28 pm

See, that's the thing - even when the team does play well, I am yet to see what skills he has - eg does he a good kicking game? A passing game? Does he take on the line? Does he put players thru the gap?

i have seen a bit of Lui (20's last year) and he has a very good passing game and short kicking game actually. He was clearly a class above that level of footy (which isn't saying much). I also believe he has a key attribute that cannot be easily taught - vision. Rob has defensive issues but he has a solid build and this will get improve over time as his judgement gets better.

Do I think he will develop into a top shelf half back? Yes
Do I think he will give us a premiership this year? No
Do I think the exepctation on him given his stage of development is too high? ABSOLUTELY!

With Moltz out, Sheens really hasn't got a much choice so I guess we hope that he gets some games under his belt and is stronger as we head towards the semis.

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:29 pm

See, that's the thing - even when the team does play well, I am yet to see what skills he has - eg does he a good kicking game? A passing game? Does he take on the line? Does he put players thru the gap?[/quote]

Sometimes, yes, no, yes.

Tap Twist Snap

Post by Tap Twist Snap » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:30 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:

He is 19 and was a class above most in both school boys and under 20's. .... he has a better kicking game than the rest of the players we have. Has a very good passing game as well. If you want to have a go at his defense then all good but he has all the skills required to be a great first grade player. Would be nice if our forwards didn't get dominated and we got some decent play the balls for him to work off. The team as a whole is playing terrible football at the moment and it is hardly his fault.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:31 pm

Tap Twist Snap wrote:
Tiger_heart wrote:

He is 19 and was a class above most in both school boys and under 20's. .... he has a better kicking game than the rest of the players we have. Has a very good passing game as well. If you want to have a go at his defense then all good but he has all the skills required to be a great first grade player. Would be nice if our forwards didn't get dominated and we got some decent play the balls for him to work off. The team as a whole is playing terrible football at the moment and it is hardly his fault.
totally agree TTS

senexx

Post by senexx » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:41 pm

and let's not forget that field goal that won us a game from him.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 11:01 pm

i like lui. he's inexperienced and moltzen might be better but we need to stick with him at 7 for 2010...