Penalty against Dwyer

ImageImageImage
Friday 17 September 2010 7:30PM
Canberra Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
senexx

Re: Penalty against Dwyer

Post by senexx » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:09 pm

Sabre wrote:the penalty against galloway worse a worser call.
Fo taking out the kicking all he did was brush the kickers suspended legs. Nothing either player could have done to avoid it.
True enough
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 2:26 pm

I have no dramas with it being a penalty, he hit him on the chin, if nothing else, it was careless. He won't miss any weeks though, it wasn't a bad tackle at all.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 2:32 pm

My friend goes for the Raiders and told me Dwyer should have got sin binned for slowing the play down. "Apparently" Barb did it on purpose to slow the play down coz Raiders had just made a break and Tigers were all offside!! Hmm...
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Golden

Post by Golden » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 2:44 pm

Video ref needs to be OUT for foul play its a joke they god rid of it for the stirpping now get rid of it for foul play, im sick of players taking dives and having heart in my mouth stuff after a great hit that has nothing in it

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 3:04 pm

Penalty every day of the week. Hit him flush and he got up with a bloody nose.

Shouldn't be a judiciary concern but it is easily a penalty just like the Logan shot on Heighno and just like TLL not rolling to the side regardless of Gibbs milking.

These are straight up and down calls that should be made every single game

jackyg

Post by jackyg » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 3:35 pm

That penalty was fine. the one against galloway was ridicoulous though. the guy kicked galloway more than galloway tackled him. I hate the rule protecting kickers so much. it basically means the defenders can't put any pressure on the kicker

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 5:38 pm

Penalty, I had no probs with it.

I thought the refs had a good game, I can think of two errors made but if my memory is right, it didnt cost us.

The first, Galloway's late shot when he barely brushed the kicker.
The second, Canberra were on the attack early in the second half, I think it was Shillington who lost it in the tackle yet no one including channel 9 picked up on it.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

Moh

Post by Moh » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 6:00 pm

Haha I thought I did see a knock on there Jazza! Guess I was right.

The one where it was ruled Gareth stripped it out on their line was harsh too, Dugan (I think it was?) had no control of the ball, Gareth was just trying to bat it back to one of our players.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 6:02 pm

jackyg wrote:That penalty was fine. the one against galloway was ridicoulous though. the guy kicked galloway more than galloway tackled him. I hate the rule protecting kickers so much. it basically means the defenders can't put any pressure on the kicker
Yeah I agree, there is no way he could have pulled out either.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 6:29 pm

He did clock him in the face. I can see the logic in the penalty, Dwyer has to calm down sometimes, his aggression and enthusiasm is great, but sometimes he has to control it. Same thing with Warea-Hargreaves last week, splendid tackle but just a couple of centimetres higher and Roosters would have won before the full time bell. I can see this boy improving in the years to come, once he gets some experience under his belt, he'll cut these high tackles out of his game.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 6:45 pm

Barb calm down ....pfffft

He is too nice....The tackle was careless nothing to do with aggression...penalty sufficient..

If the nuffy Raymond and Snoz were calling for him to be sent ...that tells ya everything...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

shiretiger

Post by shiretiger » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 6:53 pm

Stupid decision by the men in pink. Dwyer hit him waist high off the ground. What was he supposed to do in the fraction of a second when instead of finding the opposition players waist in that point in space [which was there a moment ago] but he found his head because a teammate had tackled the player? Levitate or something? You cant defy the laws of gravity.

As stupid as the Ellis one the week before.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:01 pm

The Raiders bloke was falling, Dwyer hit him with a clenched fist in the middle of the face. Its a penalty every day of the week. Even a one-eyed supporter should see this. I can't see him being suspeneded though.

shiretiger

Post by shiretiger » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:20 pm

Allan Towle wrote:The Raiders bloke was falling, Dwyer hit him with a clenched fist in the middle of the face. Its a penalty every day of the week. Even a one-eyed supporter should see this.
and that is the problem. The contact was an accident outside of his control. How can that be penalised?

ps sorry for being worse than one eyed.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:29 pm

shiretiger wrote:
Allan Towle wrote:The Raiders bloke was falling, Dwyer hit him with a clenched fist in the middle of the face. Its a penalty every day of the week. Even a one-eyed supporter should see this.
and that is the problem. The contact was an accident outside of his control. How can that be penalised?

ps sorry for being worse than one eyed.
How?
Its called, lifes a b****

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 10:35 am

GOD OF FOOTBALL!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 12:14 pm

The big thing is Dwyer was very fast for a man his size. I can't believe he actually got their in time to make the tackle. As for the tackle, I have no idea what the rule book says about head high contact when the guy is falling down but it's been a penalty for the whole year and will be forever.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

william rodgers

Post by william rodgers » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 12:19 pm

I think there was a knock on from dummy half in the first set of six but no one saw it either & the raiders were im their own half, not to mention the ball passed from over the touch line or as gus gould said the 10th row in the grand stand.