5 Years Between Beers!!!

•  Recent Topics
Tiger Watto

5 Years Between Beers!!!

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 5:11 pm

Its been a long wait, but the Wests Tigers are now entranched into the Top 8 for 2010. A refreshing feeling has come over myself in the past 20 minutes to realise that the last 5 years has now been put to rest. While I dont want to forget, I will certainly have a few Beers tonight and reflect on all those missed tackles, all those norrow losses & all those frustrating times I walked down the street wearing the Tigers Jumper to only be heckled and jibed.

We played with vigor today, and we unleashed everything we have been asking for. The forwards stood tall, and guys like Mitch Brown and Robert Lui while frustrating at times, also stood tall. Today was a great victory that will last in my mind for a while. Farah & Marshall showed for the first time this year, what we can do and as the end result will show, ALL the boys went with them.

I'm a proud Tiger Supporter everyday of the year, but while I'm enjoying this feeling over a couple of beers, I look forward to listening to all my extended family, you guys on the Forum, on your own thoughts and how we can make 2010 even greater...

Cheers, Watto :sign:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 5:29 pm

thankyou wests-tigers. I am very excited, looking like a finals berth is gonna happen.
One more win & I definately can go have a drink. :wahoo:
I will admit I have had doubts sometimes during the season, and very angry with last week result.
but as we all know, one week is a long time in footy, and it would appear some demons have been put to rest. :D
Not going to make anymore bets like this again. :brick:
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 6:10 pm

You've earned that first cold one westTAHger!
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 6:16 pm

Not 100% over the line. Years of near misses will stop me from celebrating too early. Knocking Parramatta out, and sealing a finals berth next Sunday, that would be tops.

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 6:18 pm

Best thing about the win was I'm walking away disappointed by the fact that if we played to our best, we'd have won by thousands.

Good times.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 6:25 pm

Pffft....All that matters is Parramatta.....

:sign:
Wayne Train 2019..

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 6:27 pm

Geo. wrote:Pffft....All that matters is Parramatta.....

:sign:
You drinking Light Beers there darling :D :lol: ;)
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Ghostdogg

Post by Ghostdogg » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 6:28 pm

Not home yet mate, 1 more win!

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 6:29 pm

Hey Tiger Watto, 5 years since your last beer!, make sure you order a really nice boutique beer, brewing has come a long way since you last had a drink, if your stuck for ideas go a Coopers Spakling Ale, after the wait the last thing you wasnt to do is have a mere Tooheys or VB!.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 6:31 pm

No celerbrating for us just yet 3 more rounds to go a promising performance today will leave the celebrating for the last round a good win today.

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 6:43 pm

Kiwitiger pointed out that it is a 2nd Tigers finals appearance in almost 20 years for us Balmain faithful...ouch! But yes! Superglad that I won't be thinking of next year at the end of august. Now let's get that top 4 spot!
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 8:13 pm

westTAHger wrote:thankyou wests-tigers. I am very excited, looking like a finals berth is gonna happen.
I will admit I have had doubts sometimes during the season, and very angry with last week result.
but as we all know, one week is a long time in footy, and it would appear some demons have been put to rest. :D
So what was the other hand of the bet?
Was it a two way bet or just something between yourself and the team?

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 9:10 pm

Very excited and can't wait for Finals. If we had only scored another try this week we would be in 2nd as we are 1 point behind the titans on F/A

Juro

Post by Juro » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 9:17 pm

Almost there but not yet. We can still finish as low as 10th by my reckoning. To miss out from here would take a few unlikely upsets in the remaining 25 games of the regular season.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

MGB

Post by MGB » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 9:51 pm

Its brilliant stuff, been a long wait but regardless of anything from here it is a great achievement to be locked into a finals berth with three rounds remaining considering our near misses the past few. 30 pts will be enough no question, time for a drink WestsTahger.

Icon

Post by Icon » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 10:04 pm

Some of you think we can still miss the eight, is this correct?

Where's Juro, was it Juro that did the number probabilty generator thing on another thread 2 weeks ago? it was unlikely then, but possible, is that still the case?

love to know what is possible?

Icon

Post by Icon » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 10:06 pm

westTAHger wrote:thankyou wests-tigers. I am very excited, looking like a finals berth is gonna happen.
i thought of you today!

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 10:23 pm

Great post Watto.
I'm not sure it has really sunk in for me yet. Happy as, ecstatic even, with the win and the effort today. It's been that long, that I don't know where to start. I better start putting money aside for semi-final tickets. do ticketed members get a pre-sale window for semis?
I say we make a permanent move to Kiama for the early part of the week. Three trips for three wins. They seem to come back focussed on the job each time. i'm thinking we really should get away down there before the first semi.

My thoughts and hopes - lets beat Parra next weekend and put what would likely be the final nail in there coffin for 2010 - how nice would that be.
The icing on the cake for me would be to see a packed Leichhardt on a sunny Sunday arvo really give it to the storm and have the team really give it to them on the field.