Fifita first try

magpiecol

Re: Fifita first try

Post by magpiecol » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 2:24 pm

Citizen Tiger wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:It was definately a try. In this era and in any era, that is a try. A knock on is when you knock the ball on or when you drop it in front of you. When the ball gets knocked out of your hands deliberately, loose carry or not, it is not a knock on caused by you.

The term 'loose carry' is a joke.

Absolutely correct. Enormous difference between 'dropped' and 'knocked out'. That begs another question viz. If the ball is deliberately played at by the defender, which it inevitably is, why does the referee not proclaim another 6 tackles, if it is retrieved by the ball carrier or one of his team mates?
If that had occured on the half way line, the decision would have been, (a) two in the tackle and stripped....penalty to Wests or (b) knocked out by the defender, six more tackles. As it occured near the tryline, not over it, the ball was knocked out by the defensive team, knocked back by them, and fallen on by Farah. It is a no brainer. Try to WestsT.

Check out the scoreboard. And for you people worried that Penrith got the wrong end of the stick, check out the bad decisions handed out to the boys against Souths. I will never again complain that we have got the best of some decisions as over the years we have been on the receiving end of some of the worst decisions ever given.

Blake93

Post by Blake93 » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 3:02 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Citizen Tiger wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:It was definately a try. In this era and in any era, that is a try. A knock on is when you knock the ball on or when you drop it in front of you. When the ball gets knocked out of your hands deliberately, loose carry or not, it is not a knock on caused by you.

Absolutely correct. Enormous difference between 'dropped' and 'knocked out'. That begs another question viz. If the ball is deliberately played at by the defender, which it inevitably is, why does the referee not proclaim another 6 tackles, if it is retrieved by the ball carrier or one of his team mates?
If that had occured on the half way line, the decision would have been, (a) two in the tackle and stripped....penalty to Wests or (b) knocked out by the defender, six more tackles. As it occured near the tryline, not over it, the ball was knocked out by the defensive team, knocked back by them, and fallen on by Farah. It is a no brainer. Try to WestsT.

Check out the scoreboard. And for you people worried that Penrith got the wrong end of the stick, check out the bad decisions handed out to the boys against Souths. I will never again complain that we have got the best of some decisions as over the years we have been on the receiving end of some of the worst decisions ever given.

Exactly. I don't know why everyone is so confused about the decision. The panthers player hit the ball, not fifita's arm, so it's not a knock-on by fifita or a loose carry
He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learnt the secret of life.

MGB

Post by MGB » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 3:06 pm

I thought it was a try on second look. The tackler dislodged the ball no question so it's play on from there. I've played this out in my head several times and if Penrith had gotten that one I would have been annoyed but would have had to accept it as it was a fair try...just looked ugly.

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 3:10 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Citizen Tiger wrote:

yep
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?