Ref con job

•  Recent Topics
barrytiger

Re: Ref con job

Post by barrytiger » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:22 pm

djm619 wrote:If we lost that game.... I don't know what I would do.
i would not have blamed sheens,thats for sure :roll: :roll:

Digeze

Post by Digeze » Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:27 pm

I just think the refs got so caught up in the atmosphere that they became Parramatta players....i'm sure i saw one of them lining up to take a hitup towards the end of the game

travis_bickle

Post by travis_bickle » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 4:00 am

prattenpark wrote:Nine news showed a front on shot, which is where the ref was standing, Heighington's hands were all over the ball trying to push it out. At the time, I thought it a dud call, but from front on I think the ref was right.

doesn't matter now though. we won.
Matteo holds the ball out one handed like he is the statue of liberty. You have to contain the ball otherwise he'll get a cheap offload, but if he drops it you get stung for a strip. "S*** carry" is the way I'd describe the way he holds the ball. Watched the replay and he only was holding the ball with one hand - looking for an offload. Stripping rule is a farce :deadhorse:

"I think there was about five hands on the ball - I had no idea," Mateo said when asked who had committed the strip.

"It just came out and I was scared they were going to say I knocked it on."

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 7:32 am

Which would have been the right call.

scarcev

Post by scarcev » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 8:01 am

mike wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:But the stupid penatly that fulton gave away when he kicked the ball out of the play the ball coming off our own line was the turning point.
That is true but by the same token it wasn't a tackle it was a change over and the ref should have waited until everyone was on side. Another example of the ref being the 14th man for Parra.
Fulton was being a clown and that was a dumb dumb dumb play that could have cost us the game. At the time we were well in control and they would have been rucking it away from their line, instead Fulton wont put the ball down and then stands in the play the ball and kicks the ball away. They go up the field and get another penalty and score to get back in the game. Can't blame the ref there that was dumb. Anyway who cares, Parra are goooooooooooooone and we are top 4 after we get the cheaters this weekend at a packed Lilyfield Square. Life is good.

MGB

Post by MGB » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 10:41 am

We made some sill errors but in all my time watching Rugby League (over 20 years) I have never been so suspicious that there was an attempted influence on the result, some of the penalties in the second half defied belief. Im not one prone to conspiracy theories et. but hard to fathom some of the things I saw yesterday.

alien

Post by alien » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 7:20 pm

Did anyone see Shane Haynes face at fulltime? He looked annoyed that Wests won. LOL there were 2 Haynes on Parra's side and they still lost! :lol:

lathami

Post by lathami » Mon 23 Aug, 2010 7:43 pm

travis_bickle wrote:
prattenpark wrote:Nine news showed a front on shot, which is where the ref was standing, Heighington's hands were all over the ball trying to push it out. At the time, I thought it a dud call, but from front on I think the ref was right.

doesn't matter now though. we won.
Matteo holds the ball out one handed like he is the statue of liberty. You have to contain the ball otherwise he'll get a cheap offload, but if he drops it you get stung for a strip. "S*** carry" is the way I'd describe the way he holds the ball. Watched the replay and he only was holding the ball with one hand - looking for an offload. Stripping rule is a farce :deadhorse:

"I think there was about five hands on the ball - I had no idea," Mateo said when asked who had committed the strip.

Ummmmm hello,

mateo was holding the ball in one hand waiting to offload, heino yes had his hand on the ball but was not raking at it just stopping the offload!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is he meant to do???????????????????
Crap ref call again!!!!
Why does everyone talk about the goal kick of justice, and not the crap ref call????
I am all for free flowing footy with plenty of offloads but there must be some ball control!!! s*** carry