Daniella just got ruled out

Tigerdale

Re: Daniella just got ruled out

Post by Tigerdale » Thu 02 Sep, 2010 4:06 pm

or 2nd if the sharkies do us another favour :)

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Thu 02 Sep, 2010 4:13 pm

alexaki wrote:
Knuckles wrote:Be interesting to see what Tim does here. He had Meaney on the bench against the Bulldogs earlier in year.
I think I'd move Beau to FB and put Fitzy on the wing and keep Meaney on the bench.

Its a no brainer IMO - Meaney to FB, Brown to Centre, Fitzy on the bench.
yeah it *should* be a no brainer, hopefully this will be the case

Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu 02 Sep, 2010 4:17 pm

Brown stays, Ryan to centre, Latu to wing
Bring Back Dr Pepper -- Tiger Blood

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Thu 02 Sep, 2010 9:18 pm

Hopefully Daniella isn't out for too long. Brown could do the job for a week but I'm not sure whether he could match-up against the likes of Gasnier, Folau and Kenny-Dowell. I like Daniella's chances better.

I think Brown is the better option at the back but are there better options in the centres?

Eye Of Wests Tigers

Post by Eye Of Wests Tigers » Thu 02 Sep, 2010 9:53 pm

We are in some big trouble here. Marshall and Lui and Farah need to take control of the game here from the start, the forwards need to lay the platform and get on top otherwise, with the changes and the not soo strong bench, might be hard. Meaney was being touted for Fullback apparently with Brown to centres... IMO he played well there last week

redemption

Post by redemption » Thu 02 Sep, 2010 11:43 pm

BrissieTiger67 wrote:
redemption wrote:Meaney will not be goal-kicker for a one-off game prior to thge semis regardless of if he does get a start!

That would be great for Marshall's confidence in the coming weeks when Meaney is back with BRET - morons!
is that at everyone endorsing meany as goal kicker or just at the coaching staff?
EVERYONE - you don't change your kicker in RD 26 for a bloke who will not start in any Finals games unless you lost your kicker to injury!!!!!!!

Especially given that the only real issue is that we need to lose by 18+ points to get overtaken by the Titans on the ladder. Even then we still end up 4th at worst!!

Having said that - if we need a kick to maintain the margin or win & Sean is on - then it is Benji's call!

But this game is a nothing game in relation to the big picture of the following 4 weeks!

Why make a change for a relatively nothing game when that kicking option is highly unlikely to be at your disposal in the big games ahead??????

Please explain........ (one game will not change selection policy in the semis when the top 25 are available genius)!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 02 Sep, 2010 11:59 pm

With Lawrence out for a month and McKinnon broken down again makes sense to bring in a player who can kick goals just in case Benji goes down...

You think it's wise to go into a semi with a fullback who has hamstring issues who couldn't last a game in a month...moronic indeed...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Fri 03 Sep, 2010 2:06 pm

If he's going to play Meaney i'd start him at fullback.

alien

Post by alien » Fri 03 Sep, 2010 2:07 pm

redemption wrote:
Especially given that the only real issue is that we need to lose by 18+ points to get overtaken by the Titans on the ladder. Even then we still end up 4th at worst!!
9+ points