Best and Worst moments in 2011

All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2011
happy tiger

Best and Worst moments in 2011

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Dec, 2011 7:24 pm

Best moment for me was the Beau Ryan try against the Saints

Seeing Rowdy stretch out and seeing his hip problems were a distant memory and the realization we had turned the corner and were a premiership contender again

Worst moments Simon Dwyers injury
Who would of realized at the time how bad an injury he had suffered ??
Obviously the Warriors semi loss and the Souths loss also

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Mon 12 Dec, 2011 7:27 pm

Best: beating the Knights - I hate that team SO MUCH!!!

Worst: Lawrence's and Dwyer's injuries. Just horrible to see.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 12 Dec, 2011 7:44 pm

Worst was the constant rumours of disharmony.........best was back to back wins against manly and saints
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 12 Dec, 2011 7:46 pm

Best moment for me was the realisation that Woods and Groat are long term prospects in the front row. We have been treading water in this position for many years and to see not 1 but 2 brilliant young prospects stand up was awesome.

Worst moment (apart from all the injuries) was reading the paper one sunday morning and seeing the Tiges splashed across the pages with reports half the side was getting the punt for 2012. Predictably this was mostly false but it was a poor feeling - especially as we were playing like busteds at the time.

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 12 Dec, 2011 8:21 pm

happy tiger wrote:Best moment for me was the Beau Ryan try against the Saints

Seeing Rowdy stretch out and seeing his hip problems were a distant memory and the realization we had turned the corner and were a premiership contender again
It was a great sight, but wasn't that also the try where he tore his hammy though?
:P

Worst is Simons injury. False reports of team disharmony was also very disheartening.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 12 Dec, 2011 10:26 pm

Best: Liam Fulton stepping up again. The guy punches well above his weight in the second row and he was sublime for the last two and half months of the competition.

Worst: Rowdy's and Barb's injuries. Two young men suffering such severe injuries in their prime was heartbreaking. Rowdy was lucky enough to get back after three months.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Mon 12 Dec, 2011 10:28 pm

Best: seeing farah scoring 3 tries vsing the sharks and making us finish in the top 4.

Worst: losing lote and lawrence for most of the season.

spearby

Post by spearby » Tue 13 Dec, 2011 8:01 am

the injury to simon dwyer was one of the worst things i have seen happen to a player with so much potential the best any time we beat cry babies st george dragoons

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Tue 13 Dec, 2011 9:10 am

How could anything be worse then the way we lost to the Warriors?

Best moment - beating the Dragons at the SFS in the regular rounds and the crowd atmosphere after the game - awesome!

Tuiaki4life

Post by Tuiaki4life » Tue 13 Dec, 2011 9:10 am

Best- The 2 games we beat the Saints in, especially the first qualifier...waving their supporters out of ANZ with 5 mins to spare was priceless-"na na na na wave goodbye!"
Worst- Easily the loss to the Warriors, one finger nail and we're through...

Posted using RoarFEED

black and white tiger

Post by black and white tiger » Tue 13 Dec, 2011 9:51 am

Tuiaki4life wrote:Best- The 2 games we beat the Saints in, especially the first qualifier...waving their supporters out of ANZ with 5 mins to spare was priceless-"na na na na wave goodbye!"
Worst- Easily the loss to the Warriors, one finger nail and we're through...

/\ Have to agree, waving them out of the stadium was priceless.

Plus, seeing Chris make a successful return after that shocking hip injury, and then to go on to make the Rep side. Every time he got tacked in that first game back, I was so relieved to see him get up and play the ball.

Posted using RoarFEED

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 13 Dec, 2011 10:38 am

Best - Watching the development of players like Aaron Woods, Matt Groat, Jacob Miller & Blake Ayshford.

Worst - Tearing up a $1000 bet when Kristian Inu's Try was awarded!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 13 Dec, 2011 10:44 am

Best - Getting through the season with all the adversity we had - Injuries to everyone, Media speculation, Coach leaving? Players leaving? Marshall in court, Liam Fultons wife, Farahs Groin etc.. etc... to STORM INTO THE TOP 4, and give the final series a real shake.

Worst - Not quite getting close enough.... The disappointment of having it ripped out from under us in the last three minutes of the Warriors game.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 13 Dec, 2011 10:49 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Best - Watching the development of players like Aaron Woods, Matt Groat, Jacob Miller & Blake Ayshford.

Worst - Tearing up a $1000 bet when Kristian Inu's Try was awarded!
You MOD's are getting paid to way too much ;)
Can we expect to see Schubert banging down the door to the WTF :lol:

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Tue 13 Dec, 2011 11:30 am

Best - Benjis no look pass to a flying Chris Lawrence against Manly. The wins against Manly and St George were my favourite moments of the year.

Worst - Losing Bryce Gibbs. It seems that we put up with all the crap he went through as a young prop, elbows, fighting, silly penalties and now he's grown out of it and the sharks are going to profit off our investment. We're going to miss him next year.

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 13 Dec, 2011 3:57 pm

Fraze23 wrote:Best - Benjis no look pass to a flying Chris Lawrence against Manly. The wins against Manly and St George were my favourite moments of the year.

Worst - Losing Bryce Gibbs. It seems that we put up with all the crap he went through as a young prop, elbows, fighting, silly penalties and now he's grown out of it and the sharks are going to profit off our investment. We're going to miss him next year.
That is indeed a big blow, however I think Woodsy will more than step up - Plus Woodsy doesn't seem to have the mean streak that got Bryce in so much trouble on the paddock when he was younger....

I have a feeling the mentor-ship of Keith Galloway is grossly underrated by most... you never see Keefy giving away cheap penalties, or taking cheap shots...

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Mon 19 Dec, 2011 3:09 pm

underdog wrote:Best - Getting through the season with all the adversity we had - Injuries to everyone, Media speculation, Coach leaving? Players leaving? Marshall in court, Liam Fultons wife, Farahs Groin etc.. etc... to STORM INTO THE TOP 4, and give the final series a real shake.

Worst - Not quite getting close enough.... The disappointment of having it ripped out from under us in the last three minutes of the Warriors game.
I agree. coped with alot of adversity during season.
oh so close, again, to getting to grand final.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

bythebeardofzeus

Post by bythebeardofzeus » Mon 19 Dec, 2011 4:41 pm

So many great moments, watching Benji step around 300 parra (would-be) defenders to score was a magic moment, but just the way the team pulled together in the run home to the finals was fantastic!

Worst -the horror injury run