ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
Kul

Utai the dog

Post by Kul » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:44 pm

Bulldog that is!

he may as well have been wearing a doggies jersey again.
His effort in chasing down Morris for the first try was pathetic. Even Lote was able to catch up to him, yet Utai gave up after 20m
Then, just like we pointed out on the forums SEVERAL times after the trial games (yet sheens doesn't seem to listen), his defence on the line is terrible; the bulldogs targeted him and their second try comes from a poor read from Utai.

Please Tim, drop him for someone else. Even Beau if you have too!
:rant
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:47 pm

LOL....he ran the ball harder than anyone tonite.
Better drop Liam too if thats the standard your setting

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:49 pm

I thought he had a good game considering the amount of times the ball made it to him off a back line movement - which I am fairly certain was zero.

He ran the ball harder than most of the forwards tonight as well. Agreed he has no pace, but nor does Beau Ryan.

And please remind me how he caused Frank the Tank to score a try up the middle of the park?

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:50 pm

to me it looked like Utai was trying rly hard
however i wouldn't have him in my team
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:51 pm

innsaneink wrote:he ran the ball harder than anyone tonite.

This.

I wouldn't be adverse to bringing Brown to the wing and Utai playing the bench utility. He can play up the guts and fill in for injured backs.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:53 pm

Thats it he had a real dig it seemed where others looked uninterested.....

I tell people something now Ive seen Sheens stick with players that give less effort all year

Tell us why you hate a player in your team Kul....its clearly personal

Kul

Post by Kul » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:00 pm

his performance in the Foundation Cup was definitely better than the Parra game. For a the last week i was positive about him in the team, but that effort chasing Morris...

ok, so he might be old and not have the speed - that's not his fault. But why does sheens play him over someone like Brown (or the countless other wingers that we have) who has already demonstrated his worth.

i dunno... maybe i'm missing something. He just was hopeless tonight and i'm struggling to see what benefit he offers the team as opposed to any other option that we have.
If someone can answer me that then i'll be satisfied.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:03 pm

who put him there Kul - you're missing the point brother. its like blaming your mother for your mistakes in life. anyway - i thought utai held his own - our timing was off tonight - and i point to the coach, not utai.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:05 pm

Kul, seriously mate, I don't see how he can be blamed for the performance. He put a ball over line the save a try and every run he made he put metres on the board.

Liam got caught out and Ayshford was too far forward, we got caught out. You can't expect Utai to be waiting in the wings, he was waiting for the cut out pass mate.

He made the hard metres when it counted, and I was against his signing for his nasty swinging arm against us a few years back. I'll happily have him on next week.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

spudoakes

Post by spudoakes » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:06 pm

did any1 see him smiling and laughing at the dog players when they shook hands thats the first reason id drop him

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:08 pm

spudoakes wrote:did any1 see him smiling and laughing at the dog players when they shook hands thats the first reason id drop him
I see this in every game I watch....
Pshhhh.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:12 pm

He was not our worst player, but you cant afford to have three slow players at the back, I would like to see Daniella given a go on the wing and Brown at fullback.At the moment we are a one trick pony with all our attack directed down the left side

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:15 pm

IMO Beau is much better than Utai, younger than Utai, faster than Utai and more reliable than Utai. Beau has received a lot of unwarranted criticism from various forum members and had a few blunders last year but overall I thought he had a pretty decent season. Those who try and claim those blunders were as a result of his Footy Show segment are just fools and you guys need to take a good look at yourselves.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:19 pm

citizen cub wrote:IMO Beau is much better than Utai, younger than Utai, faster than Utai and more reliable than Utai. Beau has received a lot of unwarranted criticism from various forum members and had a few blunders last year but overall I thought he had a pretty decent season. Those who try and claim those blunders were as a result of his Footy Show segment are just fools and you guys need to take a good look at yourselves.
Beau Ryan > Matt Utai
Anyone who'd have it the other way is destined for failure.
#Unbeatable

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:23 pm

Kul wrote:his performance in the Foundation Cup was definitely better than the Parra game. For a the last week i was positive about him in the team, but that effort chasing Morris...

ok, so he might be old and not have the speed - that's not his fault. But why does sheens play him over someone like Brown (or the countless other wingers that we have) who has already demonstrated his worth.

i dunno... maybe i'm missing something. He just was hopeless tonight and i'm struggling to see what benefit he offers the team as opposed to any other option that we have.
Brown on wing next week for sure Everyone said it was going to be a disaster and it was

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:24 pm

Kul wrote:his performance in the Foundation Cup was definitely better than the Parra game. For a the last week i was positive about him in the team, but that effort chasing Morris...

You just need to get over your personal dislike for the bloke....same goes for a few others, thread title and your previous posts says it all

I thought you were fair minded kul...have a look at yourself here

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:32 pm

citizen cub wrote:IMO Beau is much better than Utai, younger than Utai, faster than Utai and more reliable than Utai. Beau has received a lot of unwarranted criticism from various forum members and had a few blunders last year but overall I thought he had a pretty decent season. Those who try and claim those blunders were as a result of his Footy Show segment are just fools and you guys need to take a good look at yourselves.
I'm not Utai's biggest fan, but he runs the ball harder than Beau ever has. I also doubt that Ryan is faster either.

Also, I hardly think Utai was bad tonight. My main concern is his speed, and he is a little too short to deal with the high ball, though he was surprisingly untested in that area tonight.

Kul

Post by Kul » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:36 pm

Ahhh ink, the ol' bait-a-roo!
sorry mate, not this time...

The only thing I don't like about Utai is his presence in the team over other players. I've never met the guy in person so there is zero personal influence in that opinion.
Utai was a star centre several years ago, a footballer that may people (including myself) admired. Again, as I said before, it is his presence in the team over other players, added to his performance in the Parra trial and tonight's game that forms the reasoning behind that opinion.

Which part of that isn't fair minded?
It may be wrong in your opinion and perhaps the opinion of others, but it's still a valid opinion.