Bulldogs good job

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
galea#11

Bulldogs good job

Post by galea#11 » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:33 pm

i think the bulldogs just did a good simple job on us , slowed play down which stops tigers . We werent there for a fight ,they were . There little men in defence were great which was our plan to run at them when it counted the dogs ran hard and set there plays up. We have some positional issues and and although we looked bad think it was just a poor start and the bulldogs are the real deal . they have explosive players and it was a couple of big plays that beat us . We have a great side it will all come together .

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:45 pm

no no youre letting us of the hook to easy we were really bad they were not much better they made a lot of mistakes the dogs big pack steam rolled our midgets asi said on another post the big warriors side looms another reapeat of tonight is on the cards for the weekend we did not look interested quite frankly i thought they were embarrising

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:49 pm

I was very impressed with the Dogs, they played with lots of energy and for a team with so many new faces they really gelled. On the other hand we lumbered in our hit ups and our attack was stop start and lacked timing. I thought our defense was pretty good

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:52 pm

I said we werent there for a fight , they were . I think its proven we have the cattle then i look at what the opposition did , we were crap they played to there plan hung in there and then hit the trigger when they had to . When every1 tels u how good you are u know the mentality they will come with , nobody told the dogs how great they are and they came with a point to prove . Great wake up call this week at training Bring back ROYCE lol

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:55 pm

Agreed Galea....except for royce lol

thank god he's no longer here!

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:11 pm

i agree the dogs did well, especially in defence. we did ok and not as bad as everyones making out.
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

KingOvKingz09

Post by KingOvKingz09 » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:18 pm

...what can i say...they have a good team this year...
defence was good..even though we did nothing to test it...
... we wasted oppurtunites with stupid grubber kicks...
Im back!! oh its true.... Its damn true!!!

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:26 pm

i believe we lost it - not them win it. called me one eyed. i dont care
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 11:40 pm

Dogs deserved their win. They defended very well and pushed us into a lot of side to side stuff. There forwards made some determined charges, particularly coming out of their own end. We were not terrible. 4 tries to 3, 2 long range tries that came from no where. However we were not great either. Our kicking game was disorganised and our combinations looked off.

Certainly not time to panic. We would of accounted for a few teams tonight with that average effort. The Dogs were hungry though and won the territorial battle. However we need to be careful. A 5 day turn around against a strong Warriors side. 0-2 is a very real possibility, so we need to play with a must win attitude at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday.

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:23 am

steve-o wrote:i agree the dogs did well, especially in defence. we did ok and not as bad as everyones making out.

with ya mate. they did defend well and we were a bit hesitant to me at the ground. panic stations tho? wow.

i never talk us up, but we have got a team this year
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 1:10 am

There were times that the play went down, the kicking game was way off and we missed some crucial tackles in critical parts of the field.

But the Dogs played exceptional. Their kicking game was outstanding, the amount of times they kicked from inside their half and pinned us inside our 10 was unbelievable. Defence was solid for the first 20, their forwards played extremely well, they handled our clear tactic of running alot of traffic at Idris with ease.

We were beaten fair and square. I was a little disappointed in our performance, but I mean, I'm not really pi$sed about losing, the other team had the crowd behind them, had a massive point to prove, and played very well.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 7:16 am

The Dogs weren't that good - I was there. Our Boys seemed like the tem that had no combinations Whatsoever.

Need to watch this game on TV

PM me a tor.
UTT - Up The Tigers

spearby

Post by spearby » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 8:31 am

the dogs played all over us in every facit of the game we did not turn up i think the dogs will be hard to beat in this comp when you look at there state cup side it would beat some of the nrl sides we will come good for sure. not a wrap for mckinnon just hope we have no bad injuries always next week :crazy

Liddy

Post by Liddy » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 8:44 am

I don't think it's time to hit the panic button yet....I thought the Dogs did play pretty well.

Our kicking game was terrible and I'm still concerned about Lui, he made two crucial errors in the second half, when things should have been kept tight. I'd still rather Moltzen there........

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:22 am

My biggest disappointment was the talk on how we concentrated on defence in the off season ... I didn't see our defence as anything different to the last few years. Now we can't blame Royce either
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

willow

Post by willow » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:30 pm

The Tigers had bugger all cohesion in attack last night which was a big stumbling point. They never asked enough questions of the Bulldogs defence IMO. Had the Tigers attack gelled, it would have been a different story. As it was, the Bulldogs grinded out the game better than the Tigers did and they got the points for it. Looking forward to seeing what the Tigers can do the next time they meet.