Wests Tigers team for Round 2

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
westTAHger

Re: Wests Tigers team for Round 2

Post by westTAHger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 6:44 pm

alot has been written and spoken in off-season about the team.
this leads to high expectation, and when this not happening, frustration/anger creep in everywhere.
the team will bounce back, as their pride has been stung/hurt.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 6:52 pm

king sirro wrote:Maybe Moltz will get 12 mins this week and by the end of the year, he may just play a full game. What a waste of his rehabilitation.
I'd be throwing Moltzen in 10 before halftime or for the final 30 at least.
He's worth way more than 10 at the end of the game. What impact does he have coming on when the games pretty well done and dusted..

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 6:54 pm

IronTiger wrote:I'm referring to anyone on here who thinks they know better than a coach who has won 4 premierships and after just one game want wholesale changes.

No one enjoys the game anymore it doesn't have to be a matter of life and death. We are the supporters but i don't see enough of it on here, i see people who just want to bag players and staff to look clever. Whats wrong with saying come on Tigers shake it off play better next time and lets get on with the game.

I was standing in line waiting to pay for my parking ticket reading the knee jerk reactions on here and it is just pitiful. Liam Fulton not big or good enough to play first grade, Robbie Farah should be dropped, Moltzen not used enough, the forwards are too small, we didn't buy big forwards or a kicker. Utter drivel.

It's just crap and i'm sick of people bagging the club and the team. We have the Telegraph and all manner of media looking to bring us down and when we should be putting our 100% support behind the club we have people on here who make Rothfield look like measured and balanced journo.

Yeah i agree with you irontiger.

Nothing worse then loungechair critics.Its not the opinions sirro its the constant bagging of the club and coach only after a loss or if we dont make the semis.Yes we are use to success :?

BeeJay

Post by BeeJay » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 7:16 pm

Not a bad team..
still not keen on the idea of Utai on the wing, but i guess he should be given another crack.
Where is brown in all of this? anyone know if he is injured or just out of favour?

The bench looks pretty solid, glad woods has been retained.

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 7:26 pm

Don,t worry about Brown (playing in the reggies keeping fit)..McKinnon won't last long before injury I would be surprised if he lasts past round 5.

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 7:51 pm

Great to see Gibbs picked, hope he actually plays. It will be interesting to see how McKinnon goes against his old club, if he doesn't fire against them then he should have selection problems particularly when Moltzen and Brown are available.

gatorman

Post by gatorman » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 8:00 pm

Gibbs is a good addition if he plays.

He provides stability and defence in the centre of the park.

McKinnon is due and as said his motivation must be high.

If he doesn't cut it then Sheens should be looking at other options such as Brown/Moltzen.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 8:35 pm

king sirro wrote:Obviously some assessments are over the top when emotions are running high after a loss. Its a neccessary evil i think because along with that stuff comes some very constructive critism and ideas. I dont hink theres one person on here who claims they could be a better coach than Sheens, but that doesnt mean we/they cant give an opinion on a thing or two.

U ask whats wrong with just saying "lets play better next time".......well its boring, thats whats wrong with it. Contructive critism and hearing others ideas is what makes this place good. So some stupid ideas come through.........but they arnt stupid to those who wrote it, so who's to say who's wrong?
Very well said. Apart from a couple of stupid threads about Utai and Fulton, and Golden being Golden, I can't see anything wrong with posts on here after last night.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 8:49 pm

king sirro wrote:
Geo. wrote:
king sirro wrote:Maybe Moltz will get 12 mins this week and by the end of the year, he may just play a full game. What a waste of his rehabilitation.
Maybe Benji will go down after 4mins... :roll:

Is that your positve spin on why Moltz is on the bench or your negative one?
Moltzen is a 5/8th same as Benji....I'm positive
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

steven_tiger

Post by steven_tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 8:54 pm

I thought McKinnon made a decent impact last year in his few games, but I was a bit disappointed last night. He didn't seem to have any 'spark' to him. Hopefully he is just working his way back in to it.

That is a good team, hopefully they turn up with the hunger this week.

everett

Post by everett » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:12 pm

I hope Fulton's injury is not long term.

Great if Gibbs is back this week. Adds to our defence. I thought he was out for 3 weeks.

Was impressed with Aaron Woods debut. Hope he gets more minutes. Also goes for Fifita who looks very fit and keen.

Dwyer did not play well on Monday night. Remember he was playing Prop whilst Fifita and Woods were on the bench. Dwyer is a second rower so hopefully he will improve now he is in his correct position.

Can't remember the last time we had 3 props on the bench.

Moltzen should get more than 10 minutes and I am happy Sheens has given players a chance to redeem themselves. Remember we have players like Brown, Danielle, Ryan, Jason Schirnack, Junior Moors, BMM putting pressure on the top squad to perform.

Maybe the weight of expectation is playing on players minds.

I hope the boys turn up and restore some pride.

As long as they put in 100% I am behind them.
Last edited by everett on Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:13 pm

No surprises with the side, as expected, hopefully they'll kick into gear a bit against the Warriors

NZTiger

Post by NZTiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:14 pm

I'm gutted not to see Daniela get an opportunity. He tore the Warriors to shreds last game. ok team though. The halves, hooker and fullback (our spine) really do need to redeem themselves.
UNDISCOVERED ROCK RADIO!
http://www.undiscoveredrockradio.com

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 9:53 pm

[quote="everett"]
Moltzen should get more than 10 minutes and I am happy Sheens has given players a chance to redeem themselves. Remember we have players like Brown, Danielle, Ryan, Jason Schirnack, Junior Moors, BMM putting pressure on the top squad to perform.

Not really; Ryan, Moors and BMM are all out injured and not back anytime soon.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:47 pm

its a great side really - just hope tim gets them to click this round and for the rest of the season
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 9:02 am

matty tiepie wrote:Should tear the warriors a new 1 this week. just need to show the right attitude and things will fall into place. go the tigers
Im not so confident ....
UTT - Up The Tigers

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 9:55 am

Has any got any mail will Gibbs and Ellis definitely play I would be surprised if both suit up Fulton huge loss If Farah is not 100% rest him as well We can afford to lose a couple of games at this stage Don't want to get to Semis and have big names missing If he can't kick and has reduced mobility he basically is no better than any other option we have is he ???

dimitri

Post by dimitri » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 12:14 pm

Moltzen needs time to build confidence.

Playing him for longer periods would put pressure on him, which is not something a young man with a serious knee injury needs. He is not the saviour.

Our issues from the Bulldogs game were lack of pressure applied from a poor kicking game and poor execution of plays (ie getting caught 5th tackle in our half, poor passes behind players making them easy targets, poor kicks that went dead-in-goal). The Dogs pinned us into the corners and our expansive play was non-existent when we were rucking out the ball from our goal line.

It was a poor effort but not diabolical. It can be corrected in our next game.