ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
happy tiger

Re: Official WT Team vs. Warriors

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 1:22 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
matty tiepie wrote:Should tear the warriors a new 1 this week. just need to show the right attitude and things will fall into place. go the tigers
Im not so confident ....
i'm with you Spartan had a bad feeling about this game before Monday night worse feeling now

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 11:28 pm

Mitch Brown please

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 1:26 am

tigergirlz wrote:Mitch Brown please
what position Tigergirlz wing or fullback ??

willow

Post by willow » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 7:06 am

Fulton out, Ellis doubt March 17, 2011 - SMH

WESTS TIGERS' round-one defeat has become a costly one with one second-rower out of their clash with the Warriors on Saturday night and another in doubt.

Liam Fulton was ruled out for up to six weeks yesterday after scans revealed he had subluxed his shoulder in the Monday night defeat at the hands of Canterbury-Bankstown.

Club officials expect him to miss between four and six weeks, although he will not need surgery.

Englishman Gareth Ellis, meanwhile, is also in doubt for round two, having suffered an ankle injury late against the Bulldogs.

He did not train yesterday.

Tigers coach Tim Sheens named Ellis in his side to take on the Warriors at Leichhardt Oval, however, he will be reassessed later in the week.

Glenn Jackson

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 7:47 am

with Liam injury, is it the one he injured a few seasons ago and put him out for the year??
he will be a big loss, as he does quite a bit of defence.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

everett

Post by everett » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 12:35 pm

If Ellis is out this week I think Sheens will bring Payten into second row and bring Junior Moors/Jason Schirmach onto the bench.

Other option (thinking outside of the square) move Heighton to second row, Ashyford to lock and Daniella or Brown to centre.

Any thoughts.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

willow

Post by willow » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 12:39 pm

everett wrote:If Ellis is out this week I think Sheens will bring Payten into second row and bring Junior Moors/Jason Schirmach onto the bench.

Other option (thinking outside of the square) move Heighton to second row, Ashyford to lock and Daniella or Brown to centre.

Any thoughts.
Moors is injured and Ayshford won't play lock.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 12:40 pm

everett wrote:If Ellis is out this week I think Sheens will bring Payten into second row and bring Junior Moors/Jason Schirmach onto the bench.

Any thoughts.
If I was going to put any back into the forwards it would be Chris Lawrence I think he will end up there at some stage in his career anyway Play a role much like Anasta does at Roosters Like your thinking though

everett

Post by everett » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 12:43 pm

Sorry Willow forgot Moors is out injured for a couple of weeks.

With Mark Flanagan not picked for BRET it appears he might be on standby for NRL. Tackles all day like Fulton but offers very little in attack with his small frame.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 1:21 pm

Ihave heard from a good source that gibbs wont play this week,& a chance that ellis will play.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 2:57 pm

everett wrote:Sorry Willow forgot Moors is out injured for a couple of weeks.

With Mark Flanagan not picked for BRET it appears he might be on standby for NRL. Tackles all day like Fulton but offers very little in attack with his small frame.
flanagan is injured aswell.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 3:01 pm

Thought it was just concussion protocol from his head knock against Newtown that kept him out of the round 1 BRET side

you know who

Post by you know who » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 8:46 am

Heard on the big sports breakfast that Greth Ellis is in extreme doudt for this game due to an ankle injury

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 9:15 am

you know who wrote:Heard on the big sports breakfast that Greth Ellis is in extreme doudt for this game due to an ankle injury
That would be concerning news Without Ellis and Fulton we lose lots in defense and we lose the angled play close to tryline Seeing how struggled to break Dogs defensively puts more pressure on a good short kicking game It needs to be perfect

willow

Post by willow » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 10:08 am

The DT late mail says Gibbs and Ellis still need to pass fitness tests with Moors, Flanagan and the Schirnack brothers all apparently on standby.

willow

Post by willow » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 11:21 am

Latest news courtesy of the official Wests Tigers website - By Wayne Cousins

Wests Tigers Head Coach Tim Sheens will give forwards Gareth Ellis and Bryce Gibbs as long as possible to prove their fitness for tomorrow night’s match against the Warriors at Leichhardt Oval.

Gibbs (knee) and Ellis (ankle) remain in doubt but Sheens said both players would not need to train today to still be able to play.

Gibbs underwent knee surgery late last season and then copped a knock to the knee against the Sydney Roosters in the Foundation Cup, resulting in him missing the season opener last Monday night.

“Both boys are working hard to get there so we will just have to wait and see what happens today. I will give them to tomorrow if I have to,’’ Sheens said.

“Bryce is racing the clock to be ready for this week. Gareth came off last week with an ankle injury and we have some concern there. “

Sheens added he would continue to bring utility Tim Moltzen along slowly. Moltzen played few minutes in last week’s loss to the Bulldogs in his first NRL game since returning from a knee reconstruction last year.

“Tim hasn’t had the game time (to start). I am still concerned about his confidence with that knee but he will get more time this week than last week. Next week is the same,’’ Sheens said.

“He is on song for a return to a starting position within the next 2-3 weeks.

“I just want Timmy to be playing. It doesn’t matter what position. He can play anywhere in the backline.

“Right at this point, I just want to get through this game. Tim will play a part and we will wait and see what happens. The way things fall generally in football games you don’t predict what is going to happen in a month’s time. "

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 11:29 am

willow wrote:Latest news courtesy of the official Wests Tigers website - By Wayne Cousins

Wests Tigers Head Coach Tim Sheens will give forwards Gareth Ellis and Bryce Gibbs as long as possible to prove their fitness for tomorrow night’s match against the Warriors at Leichhardt Oval.

Gibbs (knee) and Ellis (ankle) remain in doubt but Sheens said both players would not need to train today to still be able to play.

Gibbs underwent knee surgery late last season and then copped a knock to the knee against the Sydney Roosters in the Foundation Cup, resulting in him missing the season opener last Monday night.

“Both boys are working hard to get there so we will just have to wait and see what happens today. I will give them to tomorrow if I have to,’’ Sheens said.

“Bryce is racing the clock to be ready for this week. Gareth came off last week with an ankle injury and we have some concern there. “

Sheens added he would continue to bring utility Tim Moltzen along slowly. Moltzen played few minutes in last week’s loss to the Bulldogs in his first NRL game since returning from a knee reconstruction last year.

“Tim hasn’t had the game time (to start). I am still concerned about his confidence with that knee but he will get more time this week than last week. Next week is the same,’’ Sheens said.

“He is on song for a return to a starting position within the next 2-3 weeks.

“I just want Timmy to be playing. It doesn’t matter what position. He can play anywhere in the backline.

“Right at this point, I just want to get through this game. Tim will play a part and we will wait and see what happens. The way things fall generally in football games you don’t predict what is going to happen in a month’s time. "
One very interesting comment Tim made Tim will be right for a starting position in 2-3 weeks time Which one we all ask ???

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 18 Mar, 2011 11:32 am

Ellis...no that is not good...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..