Mitch Brown (what has he done wrong)

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
Leroy The Tigers Fan

Re: Mitch Brown (what has he done wrong)

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 8:07 pm

Why are we the fans hitting the panic button so soon and death riding certain players, our team and our fans got caught up in the hype last Monday night and it took a very underated Bulldogs outfit to beat us.
Frank Pritchard will always make a huge effort against us as he seems to have taken an exception to the club for overlooking him in the Wests Harold Matthews or SG Ball sides OR WHATEVER IT WAS but then again i was a little disappointed with Steve Turner getting such an easy try.
Saturday night we are up against the Warriors at Leichhardt, in the corresponding match last year our boys put 50 points on the sheep shaggers and some of our most maligned players shone through, Mitch Brown was solid and Geoff Daniela bagged 3 tries.
Here's the chance for Wade McKinnon to show the Warriors what they are missing, OMG!.

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 8:35 pm

Brown at FB = one solid reason why the Tigers made it to one game shy of the GF.

guesty123

Post by guesty123 » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 8:52 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Thats cool with you there . Another question should we be resting our big names if not 100% Personally reckon we need to rest Farah if only half fit no kicking game limited movement better getting someone at least 100 %
Farah is a World Class Player and those type of players know when they shouldnt play... What Robbie offers at 70%, is more than others at 100%. My question for you is do we have another option to replace Robbie, but even if we did, would that option be capable to do those things you felt Robbie was lacking on Monday???

I was very frustrated with his performance on Monday, but I also know Robbie doesnt play too many bad games on the trot.... I'd give him a few more runs to come good, as I'm certain he has earned that luxury to find his best form!!!
Do have 2 options 1 is unavailable now 1st would of been Fulton to dummy half see my point 2nd is Moltzen Dummy half and he then defends on wing in defence Lawrence comes into middle and Brown in the centres Would give us zing out of dummy half and has combinations with Marshall already the last thing any of us want is Farah out long term due to groin issue
I would much rather Ayshford defending in the middle, is it just me but everytime the ball goes ayshfords way i feel safe (in defence) he is so fucking reliable!

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 8:54 pm

maybe mckinnon will come good in time. im just worried about his body. actually not worried - i still sleep peacefully - just wish he was a bit younger, but time will tell. hodgson is still playing - they must be around the same age.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 8:54 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Mitch has to tear up the Vulcans this weekend, He will soon be back in FG.

Change your avatar please

EDIT...Iagrre best way for Brown to get into FG is score tries when Sheens aint there
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 9:00 pm

Whats wrong with Spartan's avatar? lol I missed it....

MITCH BROWN is OKAY, better than WADE MCKINNON
However I believe, despite all the talk of "HE ISN'T A FULLBACK" or "HE SHOULD BE HALFBACK"
MOLTZEN would be the goods if given the time to settle in & make the role his own.

Which brings me to my next point, GEOFF DANIELA is better than UTAI, he would be my first choice winger for the time being.
MITCH BROWN to bench utility until BEAU RYAN is recovered.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 9:03 pm

its a terrible avatar - isnt it. you lose your respect for the guy - in this case spartan
and demps - dont freak out - everything will fall in place in time.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Wed 16 Mar, 2011 9:17 pm

Brown actually is a fullback, making him a better option than Moltzen, and is probably a better fullback than McKinnon. I'd get him back in there, he doesn't do anything wrong, and we have enough game breakers in the side as it is.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 12:37 am

Marshall_magic wrote:Brown actually is a fullback, making him a better option than Moltzen, and is probably a better fullback than McKinnon. I'd get him back in there, he doesn't do anything wrong, and we have enough game breakers in the side as it is.
x2
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 1:08 am

king sirro wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:McKinnon is the best Fullback at the club!!!

Then we are in trouble
I agree... As far as Fullbacks go, we have been in trouble and havnt had one since Hodgo left!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 1:17 am

I wonder with money we will have with Cayless and TNT not playing we may look at a mid season signing for fullback . I can't think of anyone or heard of anyone but who knows I wonder if we made a play at Tahu Doubt it but made me think anyway

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 8:02 am

I really don't get the bagging of McKinnon. He is clearly the best fullback we have.

Of course, he's lost pace since his injury, and he's still not match fit but once he settles in he'll be fine. He's relatively safe under the high ball, his kick returns are good, and he's ALWAYS sniffing around looking for an offload, which none of our other options at fullback do.

Brown is also a good option for fullback, but IMO he should be on the right wing. He is a better player than both Utai and Ryan.

As for Moltzen, he's a terrible fullback who walks the ball back from kick returns. He shouldn't even be mentioned as an option.

redemption

Post by redemption » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 8:11 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:I really don't get the bagging of McKinnon. He is clearly the best fullback we have.

Of course, he's lost pace since his injury, and he's still not match fit but once he settles in he'll be fine. He's relatively safe under the high ball, his kick returns are good, and he's ALWAYS sniffing around looking for an offload, which none of our other options at fullback do.

Brown is also a good option for fullback, but IMO he should be on the right wing. He is a better player than both Utai and Ryan.

As for Moltzen, he's a terrible fullback who walks the ball back from kick returns. He shouldn't even be mentioned as an option.
100% correct HT - but I'll personally still not write off Moltzen to develop into a very good fullback in time!!!

A bit of bravado wouldn't go astray - but aside from that - he has some excellent attributes for the position (i.e. speed, size, ball skills etc!!

redemption

Post by redemption » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 8:12 am

happy tiger wrote:I wonder with money we will have with Cayless and TNT not playing we may look at a mid season signing for fullback . I can't think of anyone or heard of anyone but who knows I wonder if we made a play at Tahu Doubt it but made me think anyway
NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 8:17 am

redemption wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:I really don't get the bagging of McKinnon. He is clearly the best fullback we have.

100% correct HT - but I'll personally still not write off Moltzen to develop into a very good fullback in time!!!

A bit of bravado wouldn't go astray - but aside from that - he has some excellent attributes for the position (i.e. speed, size, ball skills etc!!
Perhaps the reason why he has bulked up? Just a theory...
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 9:07 am

redemption wrote:

For mine the main job of a fullback is kick returns, defensive positioning and ability under the high ball. IMO McKinnon is excellent at all of these, and Moltzen is terrible at all of them.

Moltzen's main attributes mean he should be in the centres, or at halfback.

But who knows, if he works on his weaknesses he may become a good fullback, but it would be alot of work. It is a tough position to play and I don't think you can just throw anyone in there.

redemption

Post by redemption » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 9:33 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
redemption wrote:

For mine the main job of a fullback is kick returns, defensive positioning and ability under the high ball. IMO McKinnon is excellent at all of these, and Moltzen is terrible at all of them.

But who knows, if he works on his weaknesses he may become a good fullback, but it would be alot of work. It is a tough position to play and I don't think you can just throw anyone in there.
Moltzen at centre is laughable!!!!!!!!!

As I stated - at fullback he is a work in progress at best!!!!

If he had some bigger balls - he could be very good there!!! But I agree - it will take ALOT of work!!!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 17 Mar, 2011 9:43 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
redemption wrote:

totally agree HT one major attribute a full back needs is being a great communicator and a voice like a fog horn Screaming at players defensively to move or be in position