ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
redemption

Schirnack boys

Post by redemption » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 4:19 am

......went excellent tonight!!!

Where were the "cronic" (sic) penalties magpiecol??????????????????

Jason was in everything when on & only missed Mannering after making three consecutive tackles!!!

Al was his typical no-nonsense self!!!!

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 8:05 am

I thought of you redemption when i was sitting in the crowd last night and both the Schirnack's names were announced. For the months that everyone has been raving about them i'm glad they finally got a chance. Neither of them looked out of place.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 8:27 am

Jason didn't have the impact that I though he would however he was really involved. Al really impressed me though - he just kept going.

I think they should both be in the squad on a regular basis.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:04 am

They were solid in defence tonight,but did very little in attack.I believe they can improve on this. with further first grade experience.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 9:25 am

Both didn't disappoint. They are both honest toilers and worked hard off the ball.

They aren't Ellis or Fulton, but they both didn't look out of place or over their heads.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 1:52 pm

Played ok. One penalty and one missed tackle which led to a try. But ok.

Bazzinator

Post by Bazzinator » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 2:03 pm

while they are great players and dont look out of place in the top team i dont know who you can say they should take the position of in the top 17 but if they put in some big performances over the next few weeks it's going to be a tough for call for tim and the rest of the staff to decide on who stays and who goes

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 2:14 pm

redemption wrote:......went excellent tonight!!!

Jason was in everything when on & only missed Mannering after making three consecutive tackles!!!

Al shaded Jason is all I'll say ...outstanding depth we have....I believe Dwyer wider helped his game to would you agree RED...?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 2:40 pm

Both the brothers had good games... Al probably shun above Jason, but it was just great to see them get a run...

Geo, I enjoyed Dwyer playing wider, but his first half was average. Didn't he hit the line with some gusty in the second though? Well done, but he will still be used in Prop Rotation once the rest of the boys are back, so he still needs to work hard on this area of his game...

It was a good game by everyone for the record. I don't think anyone let us down, bar Archer and his brigade!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 4:21 pm

Geo. wrote:
redemption wrote:......went excellent tonight!!!

Al shaded Jason is all I'll say ...outstanding depth we have....I believe Dwyer wider helped his game to would you agree RED...?
I do Geo - Dwyer was much improved on last week's poor showing!

His work-rate was good & his line-break before the Farah try was a beauty!!!

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 5:04 pm

magpiecol wrote:Played ok. One penalty and one missed tackle which led to a try. But ok.
Mate - the penalty was given by Al - yet it was Jason you referred to as the chronic penalty-giver!!!

Jase made 25 tackles and never came close to giving a penalty!!

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 6:52 pm

redemption wrote:
magpiecol wrote:Played ok. One penalty and one missed tackle which led to a try. But ok.
Mate - the penalty was given by Al - yet it was Jason you referred to as the chronic penalty-giver!!!

Jase made 25 tackles and never came close to giving a penalty!!

I said, he, they played ok. Still a penalty and a missed tackle which led to a try. Get over it.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 6:58 pm

And the penalty on Al was one of those joke penalties. He was off the man quicker than 90% of the tackles per game. The ref just decided that was a good moment to give NZ a penalty.

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 7:02 pm

MacDougall wrote:And the penalty on Al was one of those joke penalties. He was off the man quicker than 90% of the tackles per game. The ref just decided that was a good moment to give NZ a penalty.
Exactly Macca!!!

He was well off the tackled player when the whistle blew - and it was a dominant tackle!!

The suggestion that either of them is ill-disciplined is ill-conceived!!!

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 7:34 pm

I'm a big fan of jasons however people Who are saying he was Great last night are letting their biasm get in the way. He was average, not great, not terrible, however in defence he was found wanting a bit.

Al on the other hand was awesome in defence

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 20 Mar, 2011 7:38 pm

fergiefurr wrote:I'm a big fan of jasons however people Who are saying he was Great last night are letting their biasm get in the way. He was average, not great, not terrible, however in defence he was found wanting a bit.

Both were equally effective in defence - and statistically identical in attack!

Al just put on two shots that rightly got everyone's attention while Jason was a quiet achiever (despite his miss on Mannering after he'd just made 3 consecutive tackles)!

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 12:34 pm

redemption wrote:
fergiefurr wrote:I'm a big fan of jasons however people Who are saying he was Great last night are letting their biasm get in the way. He was average, not great, not terrible, however in defence he was found wanting a bit.

Al just put on two shots that rightly got everyone's attention while Jason was a quiet achiever (despite his miss on Mannering after he'd just made 3 consecutive tackles)!

You are so biased it is not funny. They are a couple of average footballers who got a game because of injuries. There is no way they would be in the starting lineup if Gibbs, Ellis and Fulton were available.

Having said that, they played ok. Nothing outstanding but they did the job.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 21 Mar, 2011 12:51 pm

magpiecol wrote:
redemption wrote:

You are so biased it is not funny. They are a couple of average footballers who got a game because of injuries. There is no way they would be in the starting lineup if Gibbs, Ellis and Fulton were available.

Having said that, they played ok. Nothing outstanding but they did the job.
Agreed.

I think add BMM and Moors to that unavailable list.