Gareth ELLIS?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Saturday 26 March
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2
tig_prmz

Re: Gareth ELLIS?

Post by tig_prmz » Wed 23 Mar, 2011 5:56 pm

willow wrote: it's a week to week thing with them at the moment as they recover from their injuries.
They said that for Tuiaki end of last year as well... :o
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Wed 23 Mar, 2011 6:24 pm

I think it's interesting that the lady on the phone told me ten weeks and the media report says 4-6. Why the discrepancy?

How good was the groin in reality for round one? Was it 100% ?
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 23 Mar, 2011 7:00 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:I think it's interesting that the lady on the phone told me ten weeks and the media report says 4-6. Why the discrepancy?

Because one of them knows what they're talking about and the other one is blowing smoke. Make up your own mind bug, it hasn't stopped you before.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Wed 23 Mar, 2011 7:56 pm

willow wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:I think it's interesting that the lady on the phone told me ten weeks and the media report says 4-6. Why the discrepancy?

Because one of them knows what they're talking about and the other one is blowing smoke. Make up your own mind bug, it hasn't stopped you before.
Why all the man hate towards Bug?

LukeH

Post by LukeH » Wed 23 Mar, 2011 7:59 pm

It's bad that we don't have Ellis, but it's good that we now need our juniors to step up and we'll really see how good our next few years are. Disappointed but also excited and curious.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 23 Mar, 2011 8:27 pm

Alf Duguid wrote:
willow wrote:

Why all the man hate towards Bug?
No man hate from me. Bug is questioning whether Ellis is out for 4-6 weeks or 10 weeks as he has supposedly been told by a woman over the phone at Concord. Gentle reckons he's a few weeks away but it's a week to week thing. If people want to speculate, then fine. If they want to believe one piece of information compared to another then fine. I just want Ellis to heal up properly before returning, the speculation on here certainly won't help him heal any quicker.

Goose

Post by Goose » Wed 23 Mar, 2011 9:42 pm

is it ankle or groin?? conflicting info at the momment

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 23 Mar, 2011 9:46 pm

willow wrote:

I reckon both dont have a clue.
What lady?

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Wed 23 Mar, 2011 9:51 pm

I wonder whats going to happen when Sheens eventually leaves the club and players get injured (as inevitably happens in a contact sport)? Who will the Bug blame? Will he find a way to connect it to Sheens? I am not sure he wouldnt.

Just so people know, the expected period for which a player will be missing is only a "guide". Unfortunately, and until about the year 2220, medicine is an inexact science. Hey at least we no longer have barber surgeons [url][http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barber_surgeon/url]

Perhaps its because of the idiocy and moronic comments in threads like these that all our injured players are now listed as indefinite. Perhpas the club has come to view that it will not give an indication when, should things not turn out like was expected, it is simply another thing that the idiots will criticise them for.

BTW am I the only person who finds it completely incredulous that a "lady" from the club would indicate such information over the phone.

Anway here hoping Gareth is back soon and fully fit when he returns.
Last edited by southerntiger on Thu 24 Mar, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 23 Mar, 2011 10:23 pm

What kinda surgery would be involved for such an injury?
I always hear a player requires surgery and will miss a few weeks, what kind of surgery goes down...
Wish all the ones I had only took a few weeks to recover from, lol.

POST EDITED BY ADMIN

Anyways, losing Ellis is a massive loss to the squad.
He's the hardest runner in the pack imo.
With both him and Gibbs out, may find it harder.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Thu 24 Mar, 2011 1:16 pm

Demps,

Wasnt suggesting Ellis needed surgery - I have no idea, I probably should call the "lady" at the Wests Tigers club to find out :).

The point with my reference to "barber-surgeons" was that whilst medicine is still imprecise at least we have developed from the days when surgery was performed by barbers.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Thu 24 Mar, 2011 1:23 pm

Regardless of how long Gareth or any other player is out we have to deal with it.

Finals series are not contested by teams with excuses

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 24 Mar, 2011 2:28 pm

smeghead wrote:Regardless of how long Gareth or any other player is out we have to deal with it.

Finals series are not contested by teams with excuses
Now that just makes sense....what are u thinking...

Has Gareth Ellis career finished at the Wests Tigers?

Get the 'lady' on the phone please.... :roll:
Wayne Train 2019..

bradexl

Post by bradexl » Thu 24 Mar, 2011 3:01 pm

Telegraph this morning says gareth back in 2 weeks :?

Goose

Post by Goose » Thu 24 Mar, 2011 4:00 pm

and apparently it is a new ankle injury, so Sheens is in the clear ;)
apparently he didn't cause Ellis' injury

next step prove he wasn't on the grassy knoll and clear him of all the other atrocities that some on here seem to blame him for

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Thu 24 Mar, 2011 4:05 pm

Goose wrote:and apparently it is a new ankle injury, so Sheens is in the clear ;)

next step prove he wasn't on the grassy knoll and clear him of all the other atrocities that some on here seem to blame him for
we need a LIKE button on here...

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Thu 24 Mar, 2011 4:15 pm

T-REXX wrote:
Goose wrote:and apparently it is a new ankle injury, so Sheens is in the clear ;)

we need a LIKE button on here...
His groin is injured again as well. (fact) It was exsacerbated in the Bulldogs game. (fact) He was not replaced when he requested to be. (fact).
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Thu 24 Mar, 2011 4:23 pm

Bravo to you BB