Galloway

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Saturday 26 March
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2
m_tiger

Re: Galloway

Post by m_tiger » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 10:38 am

Galloway played reasonably well i thought. If anyone gets dropped, it has to be dwyer, the only thing hes done of note for the tigers is put that big hit on warea hargreaves last year.

steven_tiger

Post by steven_tiger » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 11:21 am

Farah said he thought Galloway had a huge match and dominated the current Australian props.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 11:35 am

steven_tiger wrote:Farah said he thought Galloway had a huge match and dominated the current Australian props.
And he was 100% correct.

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 12:25 pm

big red should be the first prop picked for soo. they cant overlook the real ' big maan ' this time round
I dislike sowfs immensely

guesty123

Post by guesty123 » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 12:51 pm

i have been sceptical of galloway and dwyer since the start of this season and in dwyers case the whole of last year.

Galloway played great tonight and was hitting the line harder than usual

this may sound harsh but cant really say much about dwyer get rid of him, worst decision to resign him.

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 1:32 pm

guesty123 wrote:i have been sceptical of galloway and dwyer since the start of this season and in dwyers case the whole of last year.

this may sound harsh but cant really say much about dwyer get rid of him, worst decision to resign him.
Dwyer plays beneath his weight & with very little ticker!!

He needs to prove that he can cut it in NSW Cup (and I have my doubts about that) before getting regular first grade time when any of our injured forwards get back!!!

I am very unhappy with his form & application this season!!!

Woods is showing the sort of attitude it takes to be a quality first-grader!!! A GREAT kid!!!!

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 1:41 pm

redemption wrote:
guesty123 wrote:i have been sceptical of galloway and dwyer since the start of this season and in dwyers case the whole of last year.

He needs to prove that he can cut it in NSW Cup (and I have my doubts about that) before getting regular first grade time when any of our injured forwards get back!!!

Woods is showing the sort of attitude it takes to be a quality first-grader!!! A GREAT kid!!!!

Agreed. When the full squad gets back, Sheens needs to find a way to keep Woods in the side over Dwyer. Simon just looks like he needs a bit of time to learn how to catch.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 1:46 pm

hmmmm...glad we won....

Dwyer can cut it in state Cup and I would happily have him back for the Pies....

lets look at the positives...our forwards led by GALLOWAY.....got the better of a touted pack of forwards in the Raiders...everyone contributed.....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 1:48 pm

hammertime wrote:
redemption wrote:

Would not be that hard to fit Woods in over Dwyer . Fifita or Gibbs could play 2nd row if needed Better options than Dwyer at this stage

Agreed. When the full squad gets back, Sheens needs to find a way to keep Woods in the side over Dwyer. Simon just looks like he needs a bit of time to learn how to catch.

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 3:03 pm

Geez guys, you either love a Ranga or you don't!.
I for one would like to see Keith be a little angrier as Ranga's are either mad or soft but fair dinkum in this age he his still young for a prop.
I can't wait for the day that Keith is an genuine Origin prospect, then this guy can channel his rage at being a red head into his hatred for the banana benders!. :roll

SCOB

Post by SCOB » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 3:23 pm

Big Red was great last night, not sure whats up you sirro? But I reckon the same as other posters that Dwyer seemed to be our only average forward, not bad just average. ALL IN ALL WE SET THE RAIDERS PACK A TASK THAT THEY COULDN'T HANDLE.

Thats that.
SCOB by name
SCOB by nature

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 4:14 pm

innsaneink wrote:
king sirro wrote:He wanted nothing to do with Learoyd-Lars when they stood toe to toe. And his mistake at the end was an attitude mistake that he's been doing so far this year. He doesnt seem as switched on as he has been in the past. Im probably wrong, but i think he's been shown up by a very young Woods.

He shouldnt have even been there, he shoulda been back with his team mates DEFENDING, like the rest of them
He got sucked in there.....its not like a stink with a dropped ball
Sheens will be up him for that
So true, Ink, he should have just got back in the freakin defensive line straight away! He still had a great game though, getting better by the week. Go Keithy!

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 4:59 pm

Big keith had a very good game last night & carted the ball up all night & also showed plenty of mongrel last night. just what we need in sos,

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 6:48 pm

bonstonker wrote:
king sirro wrote:He wanted nothing to do with Learoyd-Lars when they stood toe to toe. .
is this ufc or nrl?

would have been stupid to be fighting in that situation.
leading the game,dominating the other pack.no need to fall for the niggle when you have already proved who the better pack is.
i actually applauded him for not wanting to.
if we were down by 12 and the team is showing no fight,then sure go for it and hope the team responds.

last thing we need is a player getting suspended for a stupid knockout.
Well said, Bon. Hard luck, King, your gee-up did not work, so you can take your tongue out of your cheek.

Sauce was great tonight!

everett

Post by everett » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 7:57 pm

Galloway was great tonight and will continue to get better with more game time.

Dwyer is the weak link in our team at the moment and one Gibbs, Ellis, Fulton and Murdoch-Marsila are back Dwyer will have to play state cup.

Dwyer has 4 weeks to prove his NRL standard before players return from injury.
Last edited by everett on Sun 27 Mar, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 27 Mar, 2011 7:59 pm

Lonely (sic) The thing I like about our young forwards is their ability/attempts to offload the ball. I think this is a part of Galloway's game that I haven't noticed.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 11:40 am

I thought Dwyer played strongly for the last 2 weeks, he certainly does not deserved to be dropped or be copping the criticism he is at the momment!
Galloway took the ball forward all night and was very good, which is what I thought this thread would be about.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 28 Mar, 2011 11:43 am

Leroy The Tigers Fan wrote:Geez guys, you either love a Ranga or you don't!.
I for one would like to see Keith be a little angrier as Ranga's are either mad or soft but fair dinkum in this age he his still young for a prop.
I can't wait for the day that Keith is an genuine Origin prospect, then this guy can channel his rage at being a red head into his hatred for the banana benders!. :roll
Haven't you been watching the news Leroy No bananas to bend up here at the moment But still heaps of cane toads to poison you with though QUUENSLANDER