ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 3 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 Delay

Re: Sheens on Miller

Post by 851 » Fri 01 Apr, 2011 10:07 am

jirskyr wrote:
Geo. wrote: Oh and dont believe the cock n bull that O'Sullivan sprouts either
Yeah barring injuries he doesn't get a FG look-in at the Tigers either.
Now he is in,he might make it real hard to drop him as his goal kicking is something we lack,Lui will be watching closely on sunday,as will all of us,go get them mate,I know you have the ability.
Go hard or go home

BeanStew55

Post by BeanStew55 » Fri 01 Apr, 2011 10:41 am

I reckon the tigers are going to flog the roosters on sunday. Benji will score three tries and pull off a lot of assists. Jacob Miller will also score two tries.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 01 Apr, 2011 11:15 am

Jono10 wrote:I reckon the tigers are going to flog the roosters on sunday. Benji will score three tries and pull off a lot of assists. Jacob Miller will also score two tries.
Can I have some of what you have been smokin!

BeanStew55

Post by BeanStew55 » Fri 01 Apr, 2011 11:32 am

What is that supposed to mean?

everett

Post by everett » Fri 01 Apr, 2011 12:18 pm

With Lui out for the next 6 Miller has a great opportunity to make half back his position.

I hope Sheens allows him to play half back and not hide on the wing.

Any team with Marshall and Farah calling the shots has a chance and it appears a slim chance
Gibbs might be a late call up. Hopefully from the bench given his lack of match fitness.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Easy Tiger.

Post by Easy Tiger. » Fri 01 Apr, 2011 2:51 pm

puff puff give....
NO 1 QLD TIGERS SUPPORTER.....

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Fri 01 Apr, 2011 3:57 pm

Hope Miller goes well and all, but I would like to see Moltzen at least get a run in the 7.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 01 Apr, 2011 4:02 pm

thylacine wrote:Sheens said in another thread that Miller WON'T be taking over the goal kicking

Hahahahaha, i knew it. 10 from 10 and there was no way he was taking over from Benji. But i guess its good he doesnt have that added pressure
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

TheTigersClaw

Post by TheTigersClaw » Sat 02 Apr, 2011 11:11 am

Looks like Moltz might start at 7 according to the article on the front page ... but at this stage i think id rather see Miller start see what the kid can do and in a few weeks when Moltz has had a bit more game time give him the 7 if Miller hasn't stepped up... i just think Tim is short on confidence at the moment with his knee and needs a bit more time. Good luck to both the boys! i know we are underdogs this week but iam really looking forward to seeing the young blokes get there oportunities can only be better for us towards the back end of the year.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 9:36 am

Sheens shows faith in teenage halfback
Adrian Proszenko
April 3, 2011

JACOB MILLER will make his NRL debut against his old club, in a rematch of one of the greatest NRL matches ever, with Kiwi captain Benji Marshall as his halves partner. Most teenagers in this situation would be forgiven for being overawed. Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens, however, is unconcerned.

''This lad can play,'' Sheens said. ''I know he's only 18 but he's a good solid kid and there's a confidence about him. As I did with Robert Lui when I elevated him from the [under-]20s, I think the kid will do a good job. I'm not going to place too many expectations on him. He was put in the full-time squad, he's been training with us full-time since last year so he's no rookie in that respect. He knows everything we've been doing.

''He played in the Townsville trial as starting halfback and we beat them up there and he had some time against Parramatta in the Campbelltown trial. He's been very strong in the [under-]20s, scoring two tries and kicking something like 10 from 10. He knows exactly our game, plays our style.''

Miller will take on the playmakers who stood in his way at the Roosters - Mitchell Pearce, Todd Carney and Braith Anasta - at the SFS today. Kangaroos coach Sheens is convinced he is up to it. His assistant, Peter Gentle, was so impressed with the youngster from the northern NSW coastal town of Ocean Shores while overseeing the NSW under-18s team which beat Queensland last year that he gave him the captaincy.

''The seniors around him, [Robbie] Farah and Marshall, will be of great help, too,'' Sheens added. ''It's not ideal, I'd like to have a lot more senior people around him at this point but the old adage applies in this case - if you're good enough, you're old enough and I know this kid will play well.''

Miller's first opportunity is unlikely to be his last. Given the nod for the No.7 jersey instead of utility Tim Moltzen, he is likely to be given plenty of time to acclimatise to first grade while regular halfback Robert Lui, expected to be out for six weeks, recovers from an ankle injury.

The Tigers have a big injury toll with Chris Lawrence, Lote Tuqiri, Gareth Ellis, Liam Fulton, Bryce Gibbs and Beau Ryan also in the casualty ward. Sheens had no complaints and said he was happy with his squad over the opening three rounds. ''I don't want to be whingeing about injury, I'm confident in the team we've put out,'' he said. ''We've still got plenty of work to do, we're not kidding ourselves.

''I've been pretty happy with the first three rounds given we are nowhere near our best as far as experience is concerned.

''I've been very happy with the efforts of the young guys and particularly the senior guys sprinkled among them who have held it all together - the older ones, Benj, Robbie Farah, Todd Payten in limited circumstances, Chris Heighington, Wade McKinnon at the back, Chris Lawrence, [Blake] Ayshford and Tuqiri.''