ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
innsaneink

Re: PAYTEN

Post by innsaneink » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:32 pm

smeghead wrote:
stryker wrote:He's referring to Flannagan Happy and I echo his dispair.
Yup. I thought Al was great tonight until he got injured
He just doesnt run straight....thats his main fault, not sure of his plusses.
Does bugger all afaic

Adman

Post by Adman » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:33 pm

Payten... geez that was bad. But moltzen! Seeya champ.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:35 pm

happy tiger wrote:How can you blame Payten Each time when he goes to play the ball he has hands all over him . Blame the Fullback when we lead 14-0 and he decides to let the ball bounce . You could see that kick was going to sit up when it bounced .
spot on HT ....he shat his pants when that ball went up ......moltzen should never be selected at fullback .....
he selected meaney .. play him at fullback .....

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:35 pm

senexx wrote:Exactly there was a hand on Payten in both those plays of the ball pulled up. I can cop the first one fairly but nothing at all wrong with the second one. It just looked rough.

BTW to the OP, I believe you only have to attempt to play the ball these days.
I disagree. The second one I say was lost, the first one is a deadset penalty. The marker had his hard all over that ball, and the ref's had been calling it up all night. Very unlucky.

Blame Marshall for losing the ball for no reason with a full set on the opposition 40m to get into field goal position. That's where the game was lost.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:35 pm

senexx wrote:Exactly there was a hand on Payten in both those plays of the ball pulled up. I can cop the first one fairly but nothing at all wrong with the second one. It just looked rough.

Poor ball security. Don't look for excuses. Just such poor play by an experienced player. He has them in him though.

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:40 pm

The second "dropped" ball there was a titans foot under the ball.
The refs didnt spot that but penalised us for the same thing in the first half.
The story of the night.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:42 pm

LARDS wrote:The second "dropped" ball there was a titans foot under the ball.
The refs didnt spot that but penalised us for the same thing in the first half.
The story of the night.
They were all over us second half, it was ridiculous.

We were awful don't get me wrong, but Titans had that one gifted.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:43 pm

Allan Towle wrote:

Poor ball security. Don't look for excuses. Just such poor play by an experienced player. He has them in him though.
Exactly. The supposed advantage of an experienced player over a junior is that exact situation. Our forward pack, particularly payten, cost us that game.

Sheensy's last minute reshuffles ALWAYS hurt us too!

Post by 851 » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:44 pm

Has been a great servant,but this year ordinary,and tonight,well,worse than ordinary,time to retire.
Go hard or go home

thinkbig

Post by thinkbig » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:47 pm

I'd rather see Al Schirnack there than Payton. Schirnack always gives his all and more.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:49 pm

851 wrote:Has been a great servant,but this year ordinary,and tonight,well,worse than ordinary,time to retire.
i agree... he gets into the backline and it dies with him because he hasnt got the pace or the swiftness to move the ball on ....

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:09 am

Refs killed this match with the flurry of early penalties that got the ruck all frantic, then putting their whistle away for the last 30 mins.

But Toddy P - dead set, one of the most elementary bungles I have ever seen.

How did the team spend 20 minutes playing cool footy and kicking to the corners, only to spend the last 20 making every kind of conceivable error.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:38 am

Terrible performance by Payten tonight. I couldnt see any real excuse for either of those play the ball stuff ups. But I agree that Marshall's dropped ball on the first is likely to have been the crucial mistake.

Oh and while we are at it, bad captaincy by Farah going for goal from 40 out. Keep the pressure on there and we could have got a winning break.

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:57 am

Ahhhh Toddy Toddy Toddy.
He has those moments doesnt he, whether its a couple of dropped balls or a couple of penalties in quick succession.
I gotta say I wasnt entirely surprised when he dropped it the 2nd time.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:59 am

I love Toddy and dont blame him too much for what happened. But this has to be his final year for mine.

Posted using RoarFEED

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 1:02 am

PYMBLEPETE wrote:Terrible performance by Payten tonight. I couldnt see any real excuse for either of those play the ball stuff ups. But I agree that Marshall's dropped ball on the first is likely to have been the crucial mistake.

Oh and while we are at it, bad captaincy by Farah going for goal from 40 out. Keep the pressure on there and we could have got a winning break.
If there was an excuse, I'd say it was because he was buggered due to not having an adequate interchange rotation.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 2:31 am

First one may be forgivable but to do the exact same thing again a few minutes later. GTFO
Stryker has a good point, the bench selection was terrible but Payten should know how to play the ball correctly by now.

I too hope for Payten's retirement.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 3:04 am

stryker wrote:
PYMBLEPETE wrote:Terrible performance by Payten tonight. I couldnt see any real excuse for either of those play the ball stuff ups. But I agree that Marshall's dropped ball on the first is likely to have been the crucial mistake.

If there was an excuse, I'd say it was because he was buggered due to not having an adequate interchange rotation.
no. that was the wrong option, hands down. who are we, st george?
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?